Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

bob dylan

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
like or dislike,awfull stuff imo

Comments

• Respect him.
  • Please no Dylan pre or post match BDL.
  • Things aren't that bad!! ;-)
  • personally not my cup of tea, but can see how others like him.
    bloke i know is a big fan but was hugely disappointed when he saw him at wembley a while ago.
  • learn how to sing i say!
  • Same mould as Morrisey.
    top nob cheese imo.
  • A legend for those of a certain age gwowing up at a certain time.

He has perhaps not weathered as well as some sixties legends when it comes to performing now. Unfortunately younger people will understandably but mistakenly judge him on the here and now.
  • The here and now is still bloody good in my opinion. Modern Times is a great album.

His voice is a bit of an acquired taste but his influence and talent are unquestionable.
  • Saw him in Glasgow last year - got dragged along by Mr Weegie. Have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised - a superstar performance, albeit in a very understated way.
  • He's not really a typical musician - more of a lyricist & poet.

I saw him live at Glastonbury 9 or 10 years ago and he kept the audience in atrocious weather.
    Love him or loathe him, he's definitely a legend and a huge influence on many other song writers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with Oggy - you either love or hate his stuff. I think that most of you younger folk would be surprised at how many of his songs you know.

One of my favourite albums is Desire.
  • In my top 5 bands/ artists and i'm only 16 lol. IMO he is the best song writer ever, modern times was the best album of 06 and i must say, when i saw him at wembley arena last year, he put on a good performance for such an old guy.
  • edited October 2007
    Blood on the Tracks is most likely my fave album of all time or at least in my top five. Don't listen to while near a loaded gun, noose or cut throat razor but fantastic stuff.

Don't think he's done much since Desire but John Wesley Harding, Blonde on Blonde, Nashville Skyline, Basement Tapes (with the best band in the world The Band) are all great.

I do think his voice can grate and most, but not all, of his songs sound better when sung by some one else but great writer and lyricist.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't listen to while near a loaded gun, noose or cut throat razor but fantastic stiff.
    [/quote]

stiff hey ? !!! Must be a fantastic album... cough.

lol
  • [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't listen to while near a loaded gun, noose or cut throat razor but fantastic stiff.

stiff hey ? !!! Must be a fantastic album... cough.

lol

Sorry, Dylan was never on Stiff. This album was on CBS. ;-)
  • Quite like him and saw him at Hyde Park supporting The Who & Clapton back in the 90's. Probably not the most apt venue for him but he was 'kin awful live.
  • the blokes a genius ........ he dragged a whole culture forward ..... we went from 'splish splash im taking a bath' to talking about drinking and women .......

his early work is phenomenal...
  • Playing the Albert Hall tomorrow night, I had no idea he was touring over here.
  • I get fed up with people who compare him with God. I know he did lots of great things in the past and said many wise words but he's not Bob Dylan!
    Seeing him at the RAH on Friday and closer to home in Southampton the following Friday. He still produces great songs and has words or phrases for every occasion. How about " when you think you've lost everything, you find out you can lose a little more, It's not dark yet but it's getting there" after last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

A musical genius and without equal - quite simply the greatest songwriter/poet of the 20th century.

Do me a favour.
  • A great songwriter but can't sing for toffee. Saw him a few years back at the hop farm and he just mumbled his way through the set. Couldn't understand a word he was singing. Awful
  • I would love to go and see him but splashing out £75 and Dylan isn't in "the mood" is a gamble I won't take. I hope it's a great night for y'all that are going and I'll wait to watch the recording on Sky Arts in a couple of years time.
  • Dylan on Wednesday at Royal Albert Hall was magnificent. Going again tonight!
  • A great songwriter but can't sing for toffee. Saw him a few years back at the hop farm and he just mumbled his way through the set. Couldn't understand a word he was singing. Awful

This - 100%.
  • I could take or leave him during the 60s and 70s but as I get older I like him more and more.
    You can't understand modern music unless you see how much he has influenced.
  • Solidgone said:

I would love to go and see him but splashing out £75 and Dylan isn't in "the mood" is a gamble I won't take. I hope it's a great night for y'all that are going and I'll wait to watch the recording on Sky Arts in a couple of years time.

Nadou said:

Dylan on Wednesday at Royal Albert Hall was magnificent. Going again tonight!

Bad luck @Solidgone
  • What's the rest of the UK tour ?
  • Why bother, its just wasteland outside London
  • Dad went to a few about 5 years back but I never had the inclination to join him.

Wish I had bothered now as The Zimmerman isn't going to become more coherent with age.