Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Site Not Found (ed. P3 on New Mobile Theme)

Comments

• Prefer the old mobile, TBH
  • So... I'm so far the only one that likes the new theme?.... Anyway, one thing I've always wondered about is the colours of the mobile site. Why is it in blue and white instead of red and white? It doesn't look like a Charlton site...
  • it's ok. but only seems to have been amended to allow ads and a couple if other stats.
  • So... I'm so far the only one that likes the new theme?.... Anyway, one thing I've always wondered about is the colours of the mobile site. Why is it in blue and white instead of red and white? It doesn't look like a Charlton site...

I've always wondered this myself.
  • Have changed it to the full site setting. That mobile site is awful. There's no "home" button as far as I can see and it defaults back to "favourites". And I don't have favourites which brings up some very weird threads.
  • Im not a fan either...bring back Curbs the old version
  • Didn't like it at first but not too bad actually. Very clear and easy to read. Could do with a home button though.
  • stonemuse said:

Didn't like it at first but not too bad actually. Very clear and easy to read. Could do with a home button though.

Although can get round that by clicking Charlton Life header which is on all screens.
  • Once you've started reading a thread, where's the Home or Recent Discussions link ?
  • Once you've started reading a thread, where's the Home or Recent Discussions link ?

click where it says 'Charlton Life' in the top bar and it will take you back to the main Recent Discussions page

• Sponsored links:

• I'm now getting used to it ...
  • Aweful on the eye, if it stops me spending so much time on here then maybe it's not a bad thing
  • Uurrhggh
  • Unless I'm missing something, it is not immediately clear how many pages of insightful comments each thread now runs to.
    Adding that would be a help, I think.
  • Agree with a few other comments, prefer old layout, new one is hard to navigate and not easy to look at
  • I've had to ditch the new mobile version now.
  • Took me about five visits to work out how to switch to full site.

Very clunky and not user friendly theme.
  • edited June 2015
    I tried, but have now switched to the full site. It is imo a terrible mobile conversion. The original was Much better.

If its not switched back by 2pm tomorrow I will be conevening the G21 with the main discussion point being a boycott, or the creation of a rival site.

Viva AFC Charlton Life.
  • I actually preferred the old mobile site to the full website. It had a very clean, simple look. A nice red would have been a good final touch.

Not a fan of the new look but if it has better function or more people prefer it then go with it. Too busy for me, sorry.
  • Seems ok on my iPhone although the ads do show now and I was always pleased that they didn't before :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• The new mobile site is just not very clean. For a start, the user icons (can't remember their correct name) on the main forum page interfere with the feel..... I can't remember if they were there before, but it just doesn't work now.

Also, the unread posts number is not clear as it's now just in grey.
  • It seems stupidly difficult to go to a specific page within a thread. Me no likey
  • New mobile theme is horrible. The old one was just fine. Why can't things may be left alone?
  • Ok have been using it this evening and the three things I would like are:

Remove the Avatars from the thread title page

Have shading to indicate which threads have updated since you last went in there.

Have the page numbers back within the threads.
  • Not that fussed overall about the change per say. It looks odd but then change usually does to start with. But......

The biggest annoyance is the lack of page numbers as mentioned so you have to go through pages one at a time to reach a page.

• Nah its no good, had to go to full site option in the end...

I tried.
  • Dan in all honesty, it's terrible please change it back I hate it
  • It's fine It's just different.
  • edited June 2015
    Can somebody tell me how to get the full site option please? I've tried selecting full site option under the list thingy on the top left but it doesn't do anything. If I can't get full site I'll see you all in a few days when we have the old theme back. Until then I'm outa here as this one is just too horrible.
  • edited June 2015
    Yep, finding far too many negatives to positives. Will chat with @LoOkOuT later today.

Just to be clear, this is something we haven't worked on, had an input, or asked for. There's a possibility some of the connection issues could have been linked to the old theme (I can see another site reporting similar) and that maybe why this new theme has been rolled out. But I need to find out more.