Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Site Not Found (ed. P3 on New Mobile Theme)

Comments

• Nor can i.
  • I cannot sign in
  • edited June 2015
    Not the slightest hint of a problem at sunny Shooters Hill
  • I'm fine too in cloudy and cool Esher.!
  • edited June 2015
    It's being very slow and I've had trouble signing in on my iPhone.
  • No problem on android ...probably will be now I've said it though :wink:
  • Still can't pick it up on my laptop but can on iPhone and iPad
  • On the site, then a weird "something went wrong - we're working on it" message. I thought it was all better now although the site doesn't seem to want Chrome to create a thumbail on a second tab.
  • The new mobile version of the site looks great.
  • Sponsored links:

• New site layout is new.

Change is bad.
  • Not very easy on the eye
  • This is all a case of one step forward, two steps back. Every time a fix is pushed out, we think we have it, but then still issues here and there. There's a new mobile theme, but we can always go back, so let us know what you think.
  • Please return to the old mobile theme. This one is far too busy and not very easy to navigate round.

Yeah. I struggled

• And me
  • Hi all,

I've been away and first day back today. Couldn''t really access when away due to the run of issues we've experienced. What should have been a straight forward maintenance upgrade a fortnight ago has triggered a series of intermittent issues that have been proving incredibly difficult to resolve fully without triggering another issue. I know that @LoOkOuT has had a huge amount of communication with our hosts's tech support and developers over the last week, but we haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

As you can see, during this a new mobile theme has been applied to our host's forums. Experience tells me that any form of change instantly generates reaction more weighted to negative, however its obvious there are clear User Interface issues (such as the inconsistent impact of when a thread starter has a profile picture or not).

The likelyhood is we will only continue with the new theme if certain tweaks can be made, if not we'll return to the old theme, but i think we'll leave it a couple of days so we can correctly evaluate rather than just jump on instant thoughts (and i'm afraid all of this is particularly ill-timed for us both work wise at the mo).

Thanks
    AFKA
  • As always, any specific feedback (good or bad) is always fully appreciated
  • It's not the end of the world as I've just changed it to full site on my mobile. It's at the very bottom of the page if anyone can't handle the new mobile version.
  • Post about codecademy on another thread and within an hour there's a new mobile theme. You can blame me everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Couple of points, can no longer see what time the last post was made on a thread, so can't tell if I have missed the banter boat, and going back from a thread now links to that threads category instead of the main thread page. Also, a box for every comment, with a box within that for quotes, and pictures within boxes within boxes is just too messy.
  • Don't like this new theme personally
  • personally i like it, dont have to press into the top left of the page to get back to the front page, sometimes i'd accidently press the wrong thing. With this it's a lot easier when you just press "charlton life" at the top. Maybe not have members profile pics with the thread? I liked just having the stripped back titles, but apart from that i can certainly get used to it.
  • Don't like this new theme personally

nor do i.
  • Not keen to be completely honest. Far too busy
  • Just had a look.

Not too keen on first glance, but after two weeks will have forgotten the old look and will be used to the new look.

• One of the most recent threads that I saw involved Chris Solly being linked with Brighton... the moment recent comment being in August 2014?
  • it's horrible
  • Another nay to the new theme
  • Don't like it ,