Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Yes - I saw that episode 3 weeks ago, and at no point have I thought it was ambiguous. I still don't. I never will.

So even when Tyrion thinks Jorah is taking him to Cersei? I'm not syaing it was in there in order to fool the viewers but it was clearly being a little murky so as not to give the entire plot away.
  • Fiiish, your taste in women is about as good as your political analysis
  • Sand Snakes bit was cringeworthy. I've got a bad feeling Bronn and/or Jaime might end up getting killed by them, would not be happy if that happens.

All over the short haired one
  • Yeah I'm a big fan of the Dornish women's looks.
  • edited May 2015

Fiiish, your taste in women is about as good as your political analysis

Excellent then, unlike your jokes or political analysis.
  • colthe3rd said:

Still think the "taking you to the queen" wasn't intentionally ambiguous?

I was actually a bit underwhelmed by that episode. Everything so far has been a bit obvious in how it has played out. The Sand Snakes and that monologue was fucking awful. Like just really poorly acted and the writing was terrible. I think it was quite telling that was the first episode this season that wasn't written by Benihoff and Weiss.

I did actually think to myself this scene is a little bit pointless. I do like it when characters tell tales from the past, like Stannis to his daughter, but the sand snake part was really forced and poorly acted.
    That was a full on WWE introducing a new tag team scene. Bloody terrible.
  • edited May 2015
    colthe3rd said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Yes - I saw that episode 3 weeks ago, and at no point have I thought it was ambiguous. I still don't. I never will.

So even when Tyrion thinks Jorah is taking him to Cersei? I'm not syaing it was in there in order to fool the viewers but it was clearly being a little murky so as not to give the entire plot away.
    What a character knows and what a viewer knows are very different, no? Cersei thinks Tyrion killed Joffrey but that doesn't mean we think it too. It could have been considered ambiguous if the alternative wasn't completely illogical. EDIT: Just seen it again - Tyrion didn't know who had abducted him. He assumed he was being returned to the person who has a price on his head. Unlike us, he didn't know the man who said "the queen" respects only Daenerys.

The one on the left looks like one of the people who welcome you to Munchkinland, facial expression and all
  • Surprised no one has mentioned anything about the latest episode yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen it, another good one, not as good as the last two which were amazing for me. However setting it up really nicely for the final few episodes now!
  • What's happened to the little crippled boy?
  • He's become a tree
  • I tell you what though, my book reading smugness has gone now.

So many things happening that didn't happen in the books. Bloody big things too.

Ser jorah not meant to have greyscale, ramsay and sansa was not meant to happen and he most certainly was not supposed to beast her like a dogger
  • Really thought Reek was gonna switch last night.
  • I was watching an older episode recently and I'm starting the think the show has gone from a great political story where any character can win or lose to a programme where the writers work out which characters have been essentially alright and find cruel ways to torture them. Young teenage girl? Have a rape. That Jorah bloke you like? Horrible disease. Bronn's great isn't he. Probably poisoned. Liked Barristan? Well fuck you, we're killing him. Add to that the fact there's been no catharsis at all (apart from Jon Snow killing the guy who betrayed his dad four series ago) and I'm starting to struggle a bit. When that Sansa bit happened I started to wonder why I was actually watching it. Still, theres a few episodes left so I'm sure I'll be hooked again by the end
  • i thought Reek was going to stab him as well
  • I am expecting Theon to return from being Reek but not last to season 6! No insider knowledge, just a hunch. Despite the viewer not being a direct witness of the violent de-flowering of Sansa by Ramsay, I felt that last scene was still very visceral.
  • Saw a couple of minutes the other day, where some nice looking young lady was just about join in a lustful moment with a young gentleman. I also saw a bit with a bearded dwarf.

What's with all the funny names?
  • I still haven't enjoyed this series as much as the others, not sure why.

Hope it's building up to something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last nights episode sucked.. Expect next episode to start with the young bastard Boulton with a knife in his back, well we can hope...
  • There's about a dozen characters not been killed off that I am where the fuck have they gone?
  • There's about a dozen characters not been killed off that I am where the fuck have they gone?

I can't help worrying about the lad from Skins who went on a boat trip somewhere and doesn't seem to have surfaced.

Finding this series a bit of a grind compared with the previous ones tbh.
  • Also, did the wolves eat something dodgy in their pedigree chum? They've not appeared either.
  • edited May 2015
    se9addick said:

I still haven't enjoyed this series as much as the others, not sure why.

Hope it's building up to something.

It's been ok but not amazing, so I'm hoping so too.

Also thought Theon would snap and save Sansa - we've done the psycho bullying Sansa thing once, enough already.

I can't help worrying about the lad from Skins who went on a boat trip somewhere and doesn't seem to have surfaced.

Finding this series a bit of a grind compared with the previous ones tbh.
    robert's bastard? I always thought he was going to play a massive role later on but seems to have vanished.
  • Also the actresses that play the sand snakes are absolutely dire.
  • This season has been dog shite.

It will continue to be dog shite as they deviate from the book.

They should have taken on board what the author's successors have been told is how the story continues if he dies before he finishes them.
  • Cersei becomes even hornier the more evil she gets. Weapon.
  • Dazzler21 said:

This season has been dog shite.

It will continue to be dog shite as they deviate from the book.

They should have taken on board what the author's successors have been told is how the story continues if he dies before he finishes them.

Dog shite is a bit strong dude, I'm annoyed that I can't be smug but by and large they are keeping hinge moving. Bloody quickly mind you, the last 2 books were pretty slow and stuffed with detail and this series and last have almost caught up with the last one.

Sending jamie and Bronn to Dorne isn't sitting well with me if I'm honest and giving Jorah greyscale is unecessary as I'll be buggered if I know how they progress a pretty crucial storyline there now.

And the Jon Snow arc is wavering. Unless that is the biggie they want to end with