Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• This season has been excellent. People moaning would probably be better off watching Hollyoaks tbf.
  • I think you and I both know what they're sticking to in the story with Mr Snow.
  • What you talking about Dazzler?

Best not be a spoiler or I'll be pushing you out of the moon door.
  • winter is coming
  • Carter said:

Dazzler21 said:

This season has been dog shite.

It will continue to be dog shite as they deviate from the book.

They should have taken on board what the author's successors have been told is how the story continues if he dies before he finishes them.

Dog shite is a bit strong dude, I'm annoyed that I can't be smug but by and large they are keeping hinge moving. Bloody quickly mind you, the last 2 books were pretty slow and stuffed with detail and this series and last have almost caught up with the last one.

Sending jamie and Bronn to Dorne isn't sitting well with me if I'm honest and giving Jorah greyscale is unecessary as I'll be buggered if I know how they progress a pretty crucial storyline there now.

And the Jon Snow arc is wavering. Unless that is the biggie they want to end with
    To be honest, if they're going to send you to fight in the pits having a massive hand made out of stone probably helps
  • colthe3rd said:

What you talking about Dazzler?

It'd only be a spoiler if I elaborated :wink:

• Dazzler21 said:

This season has been dog shite.

It will continue to be dog shite as they deviate from the book.

They should have taken on board what the author's successors have been told is how the story continues if he dies before he finishes them.

Disagree. The books got bogged down horribly by this stage and they really did have to change things up. Agree that the Bron/Jamie storyline looks terribly rushed and was very badly shot but the other changes have been good. And there's been some great lines "The dwarf lives til we find a cock merchant". Priceless.

• Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

What you talking about Dazzler?

It'd only be a spoiler if I elaborated :wink:

• winter is coming

Wants to bloody well hurry up
  • Mrs Fiiish only lasted to the end of season 1 and didn't watch any of the rest, but now she has started sitting in on some of the episodes of Season 5 when I watch it. Her first question was "Is Winter still bloody coming?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to say it sticks in my craw a little that Sansa spends so much time trapped in an abusive relationship, finally her character gets to grow and move on a bit... then gets thumped right back down even harder than before for no real reason other than shock value. And it's totally unnecessary given the different path entirely she goes down in the books whereby she finally gets to be something other than a victim and a motivation for other characters.
  • thenewbie said:

Have to say it sticks in my craw a little that Sansa spends so much time trapped in an abusive relationship, finally her character gets to grow and move on a bit... then gets thumped right back down even harder than before for no real reason other than shock value. And it's totally unnecessary given the different path entirely she goes down in the books whereby she finally gets to be something other than a victim and a motivation for other characters.

Difference is that this time she went into the situation knowingly and willingly (see her conversation wit Littlefinger a week or two ago) and, I hope, will come out of it on top (so to speak).

• Some deviations from the book have been worthwhile others have been strange, like the fact that a member of the Stark family has seemingly been written out(and no I am not talking about one of the boys).

• Rizzo said:

thenewbie said:

Have to say it sticks in my craw a little that Sansa spends so much time trapped in an abusive relationship, finally her character gets to grow and move on a bit... then gets thumped right back down even harder than before for no real reason other than shock value. And it's totally unnecessary given the different path entirely she goes down in the books whereby she finally gets to be something other than a victim and a motivation for other characters.

Difference is that this time she went into the situation knowingly and willingly (see her conversation wit Littlefinger a week or two ago) and, I hope, will come out of it on top (so to speak).

From memory that conversation did not suggest she had any idea just how bad it was going to be. And either Littlefinger uncharacteristically dropped the ball and for some reason did not know just what a maniac Ramsay is (which is to say, ludicrously and extremely so) or did no but just figured 'it's not me whose going to get the brunt of it... win!' and let it go unmentioned. And whether she comes out on top or not it's still bloody annoying as she was finally starting to actually come out on top at last after all the crap she went through at King's Landing before being shoved back down even lower than ever before.
  • More reason for Jon Snow and Stannis to attack Winterfell?
  • cfgs said:

Some deviations from the book have been worthwhile others have been strange, like the fact that a member of the Stark family has seemingly been written out(and no I am not talking about one of the boys).

That's a good thing IMO. That plotline was terrible.
  • Well I can't see there being many people still convinced that Ramsay is a straight up nice dude right up until the point he rapes Sansa. Not after all the shit he's pulled already, to Theon himself just for example. We get it, Ramsay's fucked up and deserves to die in agony.
    I avoid social media generally but my personal qualm is that if you really absolutely HAD to throw in more proof Ramsay is a psychotic fuck then just use the original victim from the books (who was treated even worse and did indeed inspire Theon, in the novels) but wasn't Sansa, who had apparently gone through enough shit and was becoming a genuine player not just a pawn and a victim. Sansa doesn't need a revenge plot, she doesn't need to grow as a character from being abused and maltreated as she's done that whole bit already with Joffrey.
  • Jints said:

cfgs said:

Some deviations from the book have been worthwhile others have been strange, like the fact that a member of the Stark family has seemingly been written out(and no I am not talking about one of the boys).

That's a good thing IMO. That plotline was terrible.
    And would mean Jamie couldn't be in Dorne.
  • Im struggling with the Arya story. Do those people go there to die and the faceless men use them as people they can turn into??
  • Sponsored links:

• What Stark member? My memory isn't what it was??
  • What Stark member? My memory isn't what it was??

It's hard to say without it being a spoiler (for book readers at least). But think of the band of outlaws in the forest

• Im struggling with the Arya story. Do those people go there to die and the faceless men use them as people they can turn into??

It's more of a metaphorical death than a literal one - the person who goes there is a different person to who comes out. It does make a bit more sense on the page. 'Bob Deathwish' goes in... a Faceless Man shaped like Bob leaves.
  • thenewbie said:

Well I can't see there being many people still convinced that Ramsay is a straight up nice dude right up until the point he rapes Sansa. Not after all the shit he's pulled already, to Theon himself just for example. We get it, Ramsay's fucked up and deserves to die in agony.
    I avoid social media generally but my personal qualm is that if you really absolutely HAD to throw in more proof Ramsay is a psychotic fuck then just use the original victim from the books (who was treated even worse and did indeed inspire Theon, in the novels) but wasn't Sansa, who had apparently gone through enough shit and was becoming a genuine player not just a pawn and a victim. Sansa doesn't need a revenge plot, she doesn't need to grow as a character from being abused and maltreated as she's done that whole bit already with Joffrey.

I see what you're saying but the show runners feel it is important in the story arc. They decided to go with Sansa than an Arya lookalike and from that point sort of had to go along with what happened last night. It wouldn't have made much sense to just throw in a random character into that scene. I think in a way it sort of reaffirmed Sansa's character, she threw up little resistance to it, possibly due to fear but I also think she had Littlefinger's words ringing in her ear that this is the long game and will eventually get her revenge and help to get rid of the Bolton's.
  • Hopefully long term it will indeed pay off... but it's going to need a lot of doing and doing well before I am convinced it was worth it. I have the advantage of having read the book so I know what Martin's version was and it's much better on every level in this case, but this could still work for the show's version so I will wait and see.

I'm struggling to understand where she is, who are the people there, what they're talking about, why - everything.

I haven't really understood what she has been doing the past few seasons, even when she was just randomly riding around with that big hairy bloke.
  • cafctom said:

Im struggling with the Arya story. Do those people go there to die and the faceless men use them as people they can turn into??

I'm struggling to understand where she is, who are the people there, what they're talking about, why - everything.

I haven't really understood what she has been doing the past few seasons, even when she was just randomly riding around with that big hairy bloke.
    is a child expected to know exactly how to achieve her goals?

Arya is roaming around trying to be ready to get revenge for her family. The hound was a teacher and guard and now the faceless men protect her.

She is training to be an assassin.
  • Well being the GoT nerd I am I just got asked by a mate to go to Monday's Thronecast with him, well happy.
  • This has probably been posted on here before, but ive only just seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ&feature=youtu.be