Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    WILD-LING
  • Options
    I feel like I'd enjoy that more if Coldplay weren't involved
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

colthe3rd said:

It's quite a popular theory he isn't dead. Unless you see a severed or exploding head assume they aren't dead.

I'm fully expecting Syrio to rock up at some point in the house of black and white. Or his face at least.

First rule of tv - if they die offscreen, they didn't die offscreen. I'm not a book reader but I know there's a connection between the rumours of the Hound's ongoing killing, and the body under the blanket in that dodgy doctor's laboratory.
    You might be getting the Hound and the Mountain mixed up there
    Not at all, it's not me that's getting them mixed up.

*Potential spoiler alert* - In the books, I believe whatever is under that blanket is a fucked up version of the Mountain, which ends up slaughtering people in the fields and such. But the rumours around Westeros are that it's the Hound. Nobody saw the Hound die, and nobody knows the Mountain has turned into Frankenstein, so the assumption is wrong.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

colthe3rd said:

It's quite a popular theory he isn't dead. Unless you see a severed or exploding head assume they aren't dead.

I'm fully expecting Syrio to rock up at some point in the house of black and white. Or his face at least.

First rule of tv - if they die offscreen, they didn't die offscreen. I'm not a book reader but I know there's a connection between the rumours of the Hound's ongoing killing, and the body under the blanket in that dodgy doctor's laboratory.
    You might be getting the Hound and the Mountain mixed up there
    Not at all, it's not me that's getting them mixed up.

*Potential spoiler alert* - In the books, I believe whatever is under that blanket is a fucked up version of the Mountain, which ends up slaughtering people in the fields and such. But the rumours around Westeros are that it's the Hound. Nobody saw the Hound die, and nobody knows the Mountain has turned into Frankenstein, so the assumption is wrong.
    Ok, now I'm lost between book and tv.

*Tonnes of spoilers*

In the books, there are rumours The Hound is killing people in the fields, but it's actually Rorge who took The Hound's helmet off his grave. Rorge is then killed by Brienne in the book but he's already been killed in Season 4 by Arya in the tv show. The Hound might actually still be alive and living on the Quiet Isle at this point. The Frankenstein under the blanket is now Robert Strong and hasn't actually done anything in the books so far except look insane and is almost definitely a headless Mountain. There isn't a connection between rumours about the Hound and what Qyburn is up to. Unless of course you're talking about something in the tv show that I've missed in which case let me know because I'm lost
  • Options
    Qyburn specifically asks for the mountain 's body
  • Options
    Qyburn is treating Mountain according to game of thrones wiki
  • Options
    SPOILERS, LIKE FOR REAL NOT KIDDING: In the book, there is a large monk with a definite limp and the order's head tells a story that pretty much sums up the Hound but never uses that name... oh and there's the Hound's horse at the same monastery. Back in King's Landing Qyburn asked specifically for the Mountain's body, no-one saw it since and recently an absolutely gigantic knight has shown up who never speaks and never removes his helmet. But COULD be a coincidence both times and I can't recall seeing either in the show yet, and at least one totally unrelated character who is in the books and plays a minor but influential role has been confirmed as definitely not appearing in the show at all so this may be smoke and mirrors anyway.
  • Options

Fiiish, your taste in women is about as good as your political analysis

All over the short haired one
    You will enjoy tonight's episode then
  • Options
    oh my :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Theon go up to the Tower to light the candle and find Ramsey in there, or did he betray Sansa straight off the bat and go running to Ramsey?
  • Options

Did Theon go up to the Tower to light the candle and find Ramsey in there, or did he betray Sansa straight off the bat and go running to Ramsey?

he betrayed her straight off the bat.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Ramsey Bolton is a great character to watch, a total nutter. He does the worst things imaginable but is still somehow likeable. Great acting by the guy who plays him as well. Roose Bolton also pretty fascinating.

Where is Bran in this series?

Apparently Ramsey drinks in the Hob Goblin in Forest Hill sometimes
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Chunes said:

Ramsey Bolton is a great character to watch, a total nutter. He does the worst things imaginable but is still somehow likeable. Great acting by the guy who plays him as well. Roose Bolton also pretty fascinating.

Where is Bran in this series?

Apparently Ramsey drinks in the Hob Goblin in Forest Hill sometimes
    He does. Seen him in there. Shitty boozer - befits his character

I'll be honest, I'm struggling this season too. We're seven episodes in and precisely fuck-all has happened. Also, I was hoping for far more screen time for Natalie Dormer - all we've really had is a couple of scenes of her mugging Cersei off and one of her molesting her boy-king. I find myself not giving a shit about Dorne, or Winterfell, or Meereen or King's Landing. If they don't start making with the lunacy north of The Wall I'm going to get bored.
  • Options
    I'm already bored. However I was somewhat pleased to see Cersei imprisoned.
  • Options
    I think this season has seemed slow but only because it is constantly being compared to previous seasons. I think quite a lot has happened, albeit mainly in a tactical setting the pieces up for future stories. But we've had Tyrion/Varys/Jorah roadshow, Bronn and Jaime roadshow, Jon becoming commander, Mance being executed, Stannis preparing for attack on Winterfell, Sansa marrying Ramsey, the Sparrows and Loras, Marj and now Cersei in prison, the sand snakes/Dorne bullshit (lovely boobies though), Littlefinger scheming, Barriston Selmy being badass then dying, Arya and the many faces and Dany and all her usual crap.

There haven't been any massive bombshells or big fight scenes yet but we all know it's around this point in each season it really kicks off. But I guess my point is that I don't think anyone can moan that nothing has happened.
  • Options
    Stuff has happened but it's been boring stuff that each time has followed a pretty exciting scene.

Jon becomes Lord Commander, beheads Janos Slynt, goes back to doing nothing.

Theon looks moody that Sansa's being raped... Does nothing.... the next time we see him in fact he does even worse... He betrays her only chance of help.

Sand Snakes.... attempt a kidnapping of the lannister girl, foiled by one skilled sellsword and a man with no sword hand...

The sand snakes are revealed... Their acting bar one is woeful.

Tyene... well ok she is exciting.

• Options
    In the show's defence, this problem is because they have reached the point in the books where exactly the same thing happened. The story was beginning to look like it might reach a conclusion in the near future... so hey presto, suddenly the next few books are filled with tedious 'world building' and extraneous plots that slow everything the hell down but let Martin add an extra few books and take longer to write each one.
  • Options
    The stuff at the Wall has been the highlight for me this series.

It's suffered as a result of losing Oberyn, Tywin and the Hound, and also of reducing Tyrion temporarily, he was fantastic commenting on the goings on in King's Landing.
  • Options
    But for me it's more about building of anticipation. I want to know what's going to happen to Arya and what the hell is going on in that place. I want to know what will happen to Jon north of the wall. I want to know what will happen to Stannis. I want to know if this is the beginning of the end for Cersei and the Lannisters. Will Tyrion help Dany to finally make a move for King's Landing? What's Littlefinger up to? Will Bran be warging into all manner of different creatures?

I find this sort of build up into what each person's game is as interesting as a real shocker e.g. red wedding or a fantastic battle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Bran's warging and the Dragon's are to be linked.

Question to everyone....

How would you end this series/book?
    (I've read the book so know what was planned.)

How would you end the entire story?
    This could be interesting because someone has to come to power... I can't see it ending well.
  • Options
    I am assuming that the Others ARE going to make it across the wall eventually. And if Dany doesn't make it back to Westeros at some point it is going to be the most colossal waste of time in history, so presumably the dragons are going to turn up in time to save the day. As to whose left standing/in charge... I don't know. I suspect it's going to be someone whose barely featured so far somehow. If it was up to me, Littlefinger would die just after he thinks he's won (or actually has won) and someone whose stayed out of the game entirely suddenly steps up to take control after everyone else wipes each other out.
  • Options
    Yeah surely the white walkers are going to make an appearance soon. It's hard to imagine what will happen at the end. Trying to second guess it this far in advance is pretty much impossible. The podcast by bald move (which is pretty good) suggested last week that maybe it won't have a happy ending. That it will be brutal and nasty. I'm leaning towards that personally but maybe that's because evil is winning so far.
  • Options
    In fairness... most of those (Bran and entourage) they've caught up with the novels and would be spoiling the (as yet uncomplete) storyline in the books if they were to go further. And a few of them (Dondarrion the eyepatched dude for example) have been resolved... by killing them off, in the books, and the story he was part of is no longer in the show at all.

The Definitely-Not-Vikings do appear to be totally abandoned in the show though, but the book version is as dull as crap and no loss whatsoever with maybe one exception that's not worth trying to get the rest of it on screen for.
  • Options
    Last night's episode was another one of those 'they've set something up, so imagine the worst possible way it could work out. Congratulations, that's what's happened' episodes. They're still leaning towards forcing worst case scenario plots down our throats rather than letting it progress organically. Need some catharsis soon
  • Options
    Cersei getting arrested was good news at least.

And we found out than even if Nathalie Dormer was locked in a dungeon for weeks, she is still well fit. Also good news.
  • Options
    I found the books that this series is nicking bits from (I put it like this because it's how the series feels), extremely hard going at times and I was expecting this series to actually be a lot worse than it has been. I guess all the changes from the books have kept me interested to some extent. Davos had a good storyline that either hasn't been used yet or has been shelved completely. The Iron Islanders storylines were pretty boring, except for maybe Ashya's 'incident'. Some of the stuff happening in Dorne was cool, but they seem to have glossed over that completely and what they have done with it seems pointless and doesn't work too well.

Will be interesting to see how things progress. With Cersei being banged up last night it seems that they are starting to build things to the usual episode 9 climax but what that climax will entail is anyone's guess at this stage.
  • Options

Last night's episode was another one of those 'they've set something up, so imagine the worst possible way it could work out. Congratulations, that's what's happened' episodes. They're still leaning towards forcing worst case scenario plots down our throats rather than letting it progress organically. Need some catharsis soon

Things are definitely going pretty badly at the moment. Sadly with the exception of Ramsay The Rapist and Sansa (which is why I hated that change/'development' so much) that's pretty much how it goes in the books too. Though in one particular plotline if it does follow the books at all there's going to be some definite catharsis coming along soon enough. And boobs for those so shallow... ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh my god, the white walkers.............. Episode eight was absolutely mental. Blown the rest of the episodes of season five out of the water.