Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of season fun. Riddles.

Comments

• 1. Brian
    2. Charles
    3. Alan
    4. Darren

1. Charles
    2. Darren
    3. Alan
    4. Brian

• edited May 2015
    1st Brian _____Charles
    2nd Charles___Darren
    3rd Alan______Alan
    4th Darren____Brian
  • Brain/Charles/Alan/Darren
    Charles/Darren/Alan/Brian
  • Yep yep yep
  • At a recent Pets Anonymous reunion, the attendees were discussing which pets they had recently owned.

James used to have a dog. The person who used to own a mouse now owns a cat, but the person who used to have a cat does not have a mouse. Kevin has now or used to have a dog, I can't remember which. Becky has never owned a mouse. Only one person now owns the pet they previously had. Rebecca said very little throughout the meeting and nobody mentioned the hamster.

Can you determine who owns which pet and what they used to own?
  • Now Used
    James- Mouse Dog
    Kevin- Dog Cat
    Becky- Hamster Hamster
    Rebecca- Cat Mouse
  • Dave, our local DIY expert, is renovating the local hospital.

He has to number each of the rooms in the hospital with plastic numbers.

However, he has run out of the number 9.

How many 9's must Dave buy in order to number all 1,000 rooms?
  • None, he can use upside down 6s instead.
  • None, Labour have privatised 2 wings and they are using chrome numbers now instead
  • edited May 2015
    Ok I'm going mad. I've had 218, 210 and now 300.

I reckon for each century there are 20 - 1 in each 10, plus 11 for 90-99. So 0-899 there must be 180. Then there's an extra 100 from 900-999 on top of the 20 there normally is, so 180+120=300.

Now tell me it's 218 again.
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

Ok I'm going mad. I've had 218, 210 and now 300.

I reckon for each century there are 20 - 1 in each 10, plus 11 for 90-99. So 0-899 there must be 180. Then there's an extra 100 from 900-999 on top of the 20 there normally is, so 180+120=300.

Now tell me it's 218 again.

300 is right
  • Two friends were driving from their home to Manchester, Kevin drove the first 90 miles, and Daniel took over the remainder of the journey.

On the way back, Kevin drove to begin with, and Daniel took over for the last 100 miles.

Who drove the most?
  • That's obvious so am waiting for the twist
  • Not that obvious because it's wrong
  • K = 90 + (x-100) = x - 10
    D = 100 + (x-90) = x + 10

Daniel drove the most.
  • Not that obvious because it's wrong

Ha . Not sure how I agreed wth that idiot half nelson ,......

Was doing it on say 110 miles.

Trip a

Kevin 90
    Daniel 20

Return trip

Daniel 100
    Kevin 10

So Daniel 120 and Kevin 100
    I did this at least four times and don't know how I said Kevin.

• The question never mentions Daniel driving it just says that he took over, which means you have to make an assumption.
  • I'm bumping this thread because I need it for something, sorry.
  • What do you call a chicken looking at a lettuce?

A chicken caesar salad
  • Sponsored links:

• Dunno if this has been posted but it's a question that was used in the past in the tests for candidates for posts in RAF intelligence.

A traveller arrives at a fork in the road and is not sure which fork to take. There are two men guarding the routes. One is from the town where all the inhabitants tell the truth and one is from the town where they all tell lies. Which single question can the traveller ask either guard which will allow him to work out which road to take to the town where everyone tells the truth.
  • Dunno if this has been posted but it's a question that was used in the past in the tests for candidates for posts in RAF intelligence.

A traveller arrives at a fork in the road and is not sure which fork to take. There are two men guarding the routes. One is from the town where all the inhabitants tell the truth and one is from the town where they all tell lies. Which single question can the traveller ask either guard which will allow him to work out which road to take to the town where everyone tells the truth.

Ask either one which way the other one would tell them to go, then take the opposite road?

Ask either one which way the other one would tell them to go, then take the opposite road?
    Clever girl - Did you join up?

Clever girl - Did you join up?
    No but I did love the film "Labrynth" when I was younger.

This pre-supposes that the people from the town where they tell the truth know that the people from the town where people lie are liars and vice versa. If this is the case, the people from the town where they tell the truth would presumably say that they didn't know whereas the liars would just guess. Or, rather than guessing would say that they do know when they don't.
  • Took me time to work it out but I put that down to the intoxication of winning away and scoring four goals in the process.

Have just noticed your badge sadiejane. It's not a riddle but have you followed the fortunes of the Labour Party in NZ by any chance? They have spent nine years in the opposition wilderness under a succession of ineffectual leaders, especially the last one, an angry unionist who had no electoral appeal and whose personal popularity as a future leader never rose above mid-twenties.

Just a few weeks from the general election on September 23 he stood down to be replaced by a vibrant young (mid thirties) lady who immediately attracted zillions into the party coffers and support which has the main parties level pegging in the polls. It will be an interesting election.
  • I prefer the version where one guard always tells the truth, one guard always lies and one guard always stabs people who ask tricky questions.
  • If you know this one, please don't answer and leave it for others to work out.

A man comes out of his tent, walks 200 meters south, sees a bear 200 meters east, shoots the bear, walks over to the bear and drags it 200 meters north back to his starting point.

What colour is the bear?
  • Like that one. Worked it out but needs some lateral thinking. Won't spoil it for others.
  • I thought this thread had something to do with our bright new moderator before realising it is another Lazarus thread.....