Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula One Title Race

It's getting interesting.
After today's result, it should end up going to the wire. Hamilton was always just a few too many points behind up until now.
Wasn't able to watch it, but followed it online - sounds like Hamilton drove well today.
Can't feel any sympathy for Rosberg after his recent antics.

Comments

• Rosberg is still owed another DNF after the luck he has received this year. 2 for him and 3 for Lewis. And Lewis has been let down by his car in qualy a few times as well.

He was immense today when he pulled out 25 secs in about 10 laps. A different level to Rosberg and if there is any justice (especially after Rosbergs antics) he will take it. Rosbergs only chance to get close is to cheat again really.

Lewis (in terms of the main high profile sports) is one of the biggest talents Britain had ever had IMO. Don't care about anyone who questions personality (as it happens I like him). He is seat of the pants stuff and thrilling to watch when he is on it.

Let's get behind the Brit and for once get one over the Germans.
  • Still funny to hear the cheering when Rosberg got out of his car in the pits.

The F1 fraternity really don't like him.
  • Addickted said:

Still funny to hear the cheering when Rosberg got out of his car in the pits.

The F1 fraternity really don't like him.

Cos he is a dirty cheating git - that's why ;)
  • Just bear in mind the last race is double points. That means you could be 49 points in front going into the last race and still not get the world championship.
  • Just bear in mind the last race is double points. That means you could be 49 points in front going into the last race and still not get the world championship.

Exactly.

Either way, I really hope the title goes to the driver that has been fastest across the year and not influenced by poor reliability or being driven off the track. It would be a shame if it is influenced by that.
  • Hamilton is a much better driver than Rosberg, I'm very pleased the title race is hopefully going down to the wire as I will be at the Abu Dhabi race, cannot wait.
  • Glovepup said:

Hamilton is a much better driver than Rosberg, I'm very pleased the title race is hopefully going down to the wire as I will be at the Abu Dhabi race, cannot wait.

Wow. Big time jealous!
  • Just bear in mind the last race is doublej points. That means you could be 49 points in front going into the last race and still not get the world championship.

Exactly want Bernie probably wanted!

• Im certainly cheering on Rosberg for financial reasons due to bet but still make a profit if he finishes second and because i don't like Hamilton.
  • Im certainly cheering on Rosberg for financial reasons due to bet but still make a profit if he finishes second and because i don't like Hamilton.

How can you support that dirty stinking cheating twat?

It's the Murray effect. We just don't like successful Brit winners in this country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glovepup said:

Hamilton is a much better driver than Rosberg, I'm very pleased the title race is hopefully going down to the wire as I will be at the Abu Dhabi race, cannot wait.

I'm there too !
  • edited September 2014
    Glovepup said:

Not sure he's a much better driver, 3 thousanths of a difference from them in this weekends qualy and Rosberg has outqualied Lewis quite a few times this year, but agree, he is marginally a better driver ! - more mongrel about him.
  • Makes me laugh all the talk of Rosbergs 'antics', Hamilton would do exactly the same in the situation, and that is the mark of a true world champion, there must be no compromise in formula 1 and both of them drive that way. The experts in formula 1, thankfully, have more sense than the general public and can see that the incident at Spa was exactly that, an incident. The is no way a driver who cannot see his own front wing can time a maneuver so perfectly as to puncture a rivals tyre with minimal damage to their own car.
  • edited September 2014
    sam3110 said:

Makes me laugh all the talk of Rosbergs 'antics', Hamilton would do exactly the same in the situation, and that is the mark of a true world champion, there must be no compromise in formula 1 and both of them drive that way. The experts in formula 1, thankfully, have more sense than the general public and can see that the incident at Spa was exactly that, an incident. The is no way a driver who cannot see his own front wing can time a maneuver so perfectly as to puncture a rivals tyre with minimal damage to their own car.

I think you will find that with the Monaco incident, the general consensus that almost all the drivers and paddock insiders think that Rosberg did it on purpose. It just can't be proved. I don't think he took Lewis out on purpose in Spa (as you say it would be impossible to prove) but it was bad driving that meant Hamilton suffered through no fault of his own.

It is as clear as day that Lewis is on another league to him and would be the rightful champion. 2 Dnfs to Nico and 3 for Lewis. That would even up the 'luck' to some extent but that is without considering Lewis' qualy brake failure and fire.
  • edited September 2014

Glovepup said:

Not sure he's a much better driver, 3 thousanths of a difference from them in this weekends qualy and Rosberg has outqualied Lewis quite a few times this year, but agree, he is marginally a better driver ! - more mongrel about him.
    Rosberg has had the advantage of being told what Lewis is doing up until now. The new radio rules will IMO be incredibly helpful for Lewis. He's a pure racer. One of the truly world class natural talents that'll always be quick, along with Alonso and probably Raikkonen. I think Ricciardo is going to join them up there too, but Hamilton is the most exciting driver of a generation and all things being equal, will beat Rosberg 90% of the time.

EDIT: Also, Hamilton locked up in his pole lap. He locked up and still beat Rosberg!
  • Let's face it, if you have the best car you only have to beat your team mate to win the title.

Come on Lewis.
  • MrOneLung said:

Let's face it, if you have the best car you only have to beat your team mate to win the title.

Bet Webber wishes someone had told him that!

• MrOneLung said:

Let's face it, if you have the best car you only have to beat your team mate to win the title.

Come on Lewis.

If you were Lewis's team mate the Saubers would beat you.
  • So if the Sauber and Mclaren drivers swapped cars Rosberg and Hamilton would still be top?

• Sponsored links:

• Ha ha - I will resist the urge to edit it....

• MrOneLung said:

So if the Sauber and Mclaren drivers swapped cars Rosberg and Hamilton would still be top?

If you put Max Chilten in the same car as Rosberg, Vettel, Ricardo, Button, etc Max would lose he simply isnt good enough. The best drivers have the best cars because they are the best drivers.
    Lewis is top of the pile, (my opinion but probably shared by many).
  • But if Chilten was in the Mercedes and Hamilton in a Caterham Chilten would piss all over Hamilton in a race. Thats the point tryign to make - if you have by far the best car, you are effectively only having to beat your team mate and the cars reliability.

Dont get me wrong, think Hamilton and Alonso are probably the best drivers out there by some distance.
  • I always think of F1 in terms of x% driver ability and y% car performance. IMO, Hamilton probably has the highest x and currently the (joint) best y so it's no wonder he's doing so well. Alonso has x almost as high as Hamilton but his y is much lower as Ferrari would currently be outperformed by a 1998 Ford Fiesta. Rosberg has the same y as Hamilton but IMO a lower X and has rarely outperformed his teammate when on a level playing field.
  • Rizzo said:

I always think of F1 in terms of x% driver ability and y% car performance. IMO, Hamilton probably has the highest x and currently the (joint) best y so it's no wonder he's doing so well. Alonso has x almost as high as Hamilton but his y is much lower as Ferrari would currently be outperformed by a 1998 Ford Fiesta. Rosberg has the same y as Hamilton but IMO a lower X and has rarely outperformed his teammate when on a level playing field.

I'm not surprised as those F1 cars are always rubbish when you take them for a spin on a field - level or bumpy!

;-)
  • Wonder what will happen to Red Bull once Newey moves on to other things?
  • Wonder what will happen to Red Bull once Newey moves on to other things?

Use their money to buy the next best designer no doubt, or quit the sport and take Vettel with them(wishful thinking)
  • sam3110 said:

Wonder what will happen to Red Bull once Newey moves on to other things?

Use their money to buy the next best designer no doubt, or quit the sport and take Vettel with them(wishful thinking)
    I dont think money is an issue for any of the top teams tbh - i dont think you can just 'buy' the best designer - because they all believe they've got one - but Newey was something else.
  • Out of all the F1 team, if you fast forward 20 years, the only ones I would be confident of being on the grid are Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams. They are organisations that exist for F1.

Red Bull are a drinks company first and foremost and the time will come when the team will be sold (think Benetton from the 90s as a successful F1 team that got sold).

Even Mercedes are only in it for as long as the board at Daimler Chrysler think it is bringing benefit for the over arching business.

• Red Bull are a drinks company first and foremost and the time will come when the team will be sold (think Benetton from the 90s as a successful F1 team that got sold).

Never understood why Red Bull have 2 F1 teams. Can't see the benefit to the company.