Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gogglebox

Anyone watch this? After it was recommended to me I spent the first 5 mins thinking what the hell have I been put on too here.......

Then it become one of them programmes that despite the fact you know you're watching shite becomes really bloody addictive and dare I say it funny.

For those that don't know its basically Caroline Aherne presenting a programme where you watch other people watching tv.

See it sounds shite doesn't it and despite the fact I would usually spout that they are blatantly acting up for the cameras (which no doubt some of them are), I can't help but like it, esp the posh couple.

Friday nights at 9pm I think maybe channel 4 - it's series linked by the mrs so not entirely sure.

So....any views or am I the only sad git who watches it?

Comments

• Never heard of it.

I do like a bit of Gogglebox though.
  • I thought Google had reinvented the cardboard box when I opened this.

As for the show yh I watch it, not as good as it used to be, doesn't seem as authentic and is clearly scripted in parts but still enjoyable.
  • I love it. Terrible concept ( watching people watching TV) that works brilliantly.
  • edited May 2014
    I love Leon, he cracks me up.

I saw the large West Indian lady in Weatherspoons Brixton a few months back.

She was milking her celebrity status & why not.
  • Love it. Posh couple are the best
  • Bloody love it. George is my favourite along with the 2 brixton birds.
  • Eurovision is on it tonight. Can't wait to see their reactions to the Polish entry and the bearded lady.
  • Can't stand the two black ladies. They just shout for the sake of it, get on my tits.

The German dad is hilarious.

The pissed up middle aged couple are quality
  • Sponsored links:

• The boyfriend of the girl with the German dad is quality too. Hasn't said a word in two years (and is studying for an NVQ in customer services)
  • edited May 2014
    Oh and re that female vicar or whatever she is.

Why is her dog's bollocks always on show, in exactly the same position every week ?

What's all that about ?
  • The essex couple with the miniature Ronnie' o Sullivan sat between them are good value..
  • I love it, refused to watch the first couple of series purely as I don't like reality based TV
  • Oh and re that female vicar or whatever she is.

Why is her dog's bollocks always on show, in exactly the same position every week ?

What's all that about ?

Did you notice last week she and her old man were watching the Andrew Marr show... Hang on love thought Sunday morning was your busiest day of the week!!!
  • Excellent programme and very funny - only picked it up this series (which is the third). My favourites are Leon, the posh (usually half pissed) couple, the German dad and the ridiculous young guy from Essex with the high voice.

You can see previous episodes on 4oD, the Channel 4 website.
  • The pissed middle aged coupl run a 5star b&b/hotel near Canterbury. Very posh it is too. They were on four in a bed.
  • MrOneLung said:

The pissed middle aged coupl run a 5star b&b/hotel near Canterbury. Very posh it is too. They were on four in a bed.

Its a little bit posh for me....http://www.the-salutation.com/gallery/
  • Hate the mum in the fat family all she does is screech
  • Sponsored links:

• The Sandwich couple have put their place up for sale
  • The boyfriend of the girl with the German dad is quality too. Hasn't said a word in two years (and is studying for an NVQ in customer services)

Jay spoke twice tonight. If you watch him during the chattyman bit he whispers to his girlfriend, I couldn't believe it

• rina said:

The boyfriend of the girl with the German dad is quality too. Hasn't said a word in two years (and is studying for an NVQ in customer services)

Jay spoke twice tonight. If you watch him during the chattyman bit he whispers to his girlfriend, I couldn't believe it

Lol at that bit, watch this since it started , posh couple and the two hairdressers are hilarious.
  • Love the posh couple, the young gays, Leon (apart from his politics), the essex family with the old kid in the middle, the non speaking lad, the indian family etc.

Don't like the two black girls - so OTT and the vicar is annoying with her dull bloke and dog's bollocks.
  • Love them all, the two Brixton women watching the Grand National I was literally crying to.

The only ones I've not taken to is the vicar and the circle faced orange northern bird.

The gay couple are no longer a couple btw
  • See I had to turn it over when they were watching the grand national. Unnecessarily loud and playing up for the cameras.
  • I think all the families/friends/couples are good to watch. The Siddiqui family for example bring some quiet calm to it amongst the louder participants. Haven't taken to the lad who swears all the time and talks in a whiny voice. Slightly perturbed by the family with the German dad.
  • edited May 2014

The gay couple are no longer a couple btw

Yeah. The gobby one ran off with the Germans mute son in law.

• edited May 2014
    I think they are all excellent accept the vicar and her fella the dogs bollox is the only bit about them that's not dull

VG those two from Brixton always eating are alright mate typical Brixton house that IMO and I have been In and around women like that from the caribean my whole life

George I think George's mum is magic and the posh pissheads are my fav

Then the Brighton boys just do t give a fuck and say it how it is

Leon and his mrs make me laugh but his politics creep in too much

• On the way to Blackpool, met the posh couple at the services, had pic taken with them as the kids love the show, on the way back we stopped off at service station and heyho they were there again, but I was in too bad a state to have a chat with them although a few did and they were top drawer. Once I asked for a photo on the way up, loads of people did and they were a good crack.