Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

18910111214»

Comments

• Options

Just checking Twitter feeds for a journey I'm taking tomorrow and noticed that a train that leaves Tunbridge Wells for Charing Cross - 8.51 has been cancelled due to a 'train fault'. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? How can you find a fault on a train SIX HOURS before it's due to run and not be able to get another train in place?

No doubt some cheesebrain will give you an abuse flag for the F word like I got a few days ago but I'm in stitches! :-)

• Options

Had a hospital appointment at Kings College this morning at 1015. Thought I'd get the o838 from Dartford rather than risk the 0908. Discovered before leaving home that the 0838 had been cancelled. Went to the station, bought ticket, got on 0908 only for an operative to get on and tell us all to get off as the train was cancelled and there was mayhem on the line. I therefore decided that there was no hope and went back to the ticket desk to get my ticket refunded. Ticket office staff were confused as their systems were telling them that the train was ok but those of us who had been "de-trained" were telling them otherwise. All very well mannered and cheery (me included!). Refund given I came home and rescheduled my hospital appointment (they were not quite so cheery). On a whim I checked the real time arrivals board on t'internet to discover that the train left a few minutes after I'd given up and arrived in Denmark Hill at about 1005, 15 minutes or so late. I'd have just made my appointment!. It just reduces you to tears sometimes......

Don't always trust those real time boards - I know from experience that they can be "economical with the truth". Probably to do with the statistics.
  • Options
    Trains from London bridge are heavily delayed and no canon street line. Lovely!
  • Options
    You can understand why there are delays on South Eastern, signal failures happen as does extreme weather but this does not excuse the really poor communication at stations and on trains as other posters have said. A train can come to a halt on a signal and you can sit for ages, there is often no announcement from the driver as to the reason and in the end it just pulls off without explanation. South Eastern's customer service is very poor. (Mind you First capital Connects is even worse if that is possible)
  • Options
    Im on rail replacements saturday from faversham to rainham so any kent addicks that look out for me driving my bus.. 6am till 3pm bstards!!!
  • Options
    Jumping on the clipper from embankment to Woolwich tonight. Not fuckingabout with the trains !!
  • Options
    robroy said:

Trains from London bridge are heavily delayed and no canon street line. Lovely!

Yeah I've just looked ahead to this evening as I have to get to Waterloo from Slade Green. They've cancelled two-thirds of the trains up until 7pm, already. The bastards, it's a bit of wet and wind.
  • Options
    Leaving work at 3.30. Might make it home for about 8.00...
  • Options
    If Southeastern was a man I would punch him in the dick!
  • Options
    MCS said:

Jumping on the clipper from embankment to Woolwich tonight. Not fuckingabout with the trains !!

I wonder will it be full when i get on at London bridge? That's my worry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2014
    Not done it before who says it wont be full when it gets to embankment! Oh well we can try!

• Options
    Well it starts at the embankment...

Having said that its a circular route so you could be right crafty getting on at london bridge but going west bound.
  • Options
    dont you think its just a coincidence that we have a tube strike today !!
  • Options
    I shot out of work early to try and battle my way home. Just got on the 15:40 Sidcup line train at cannon st which left on time!
  • Options
    What with the old Blackwall being shut (just reopened). Sounds like theres no tubes, the trains are screwed and the roads dont sound much better!
  • Options
    Big problems on my line because of a landslide so it's been closed down on a stretch for two weeks meaning off trains, onto coaches, back onto trains. Right pain in the arse. They have advertised the 5.37 tonight as departing from Charing Cross AND Cannon Street. Normally runs from CS but is running from CX tonight.
  • Options
    Railway collapsed at dawlish, well washed away by the sea... Going to be at least 6 weeks before I can get the train out of Devon again and as a min driver that is a massive ballache
  • Options
    lolwray said:

dont you think its just a coincidence that we have a tube strike today !!

I was saying the same thing earlier today.

Dark powers at force in the unions!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I blame Bob Crow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone wants to have a claim up on the delay repay scheme...

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/delay-repay/delay-repay-form/

the 7:56 Bexleyheath to Cannon Street service was over 30 mins delayed this morning.

Fill yer boots!!!
  • Options
    I was on that one. Got to London Bridge at 9.00!
  • Options
    It got worse as it got later. My train took an hour longer.
  • Options
    was on the 8:13 out of Barnehurst, could have walked to Cannon St quicker.
  • Options
    This morning was an absolute nightmare. 8.54 from Maze Hill got into Cannon Street at about 9.50.

Even when I had to come back to Maze Hill at 11.00AM the trains were 45 minutes delayed cos there was no bloody driver!
  • Options
    Got chucked off my train at New Cross. They didn't bother to tell us what was happening, so everyone piled onto another Cannon Street train which was already busy. An hour later the train finally arrives at London Bridge. If they'd announced what was happening at New Cross we could have found an alternate route.