Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    Get your claim forms in people.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Cant claim on cancelled trains only if theyre delayed
  • Options
    How can you not claim for a cancelled train? Fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    Dunno but am sure the claim form only allows you to claim if your on the actual train thats been delayed...

I think their excuse is that you cant complain about your journey being delayed if you were pre-warned almost (Else people could look on the departure boards every day, find a cancelled train on their line and claim)
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Course you can. If you are standing on the platform normally and the train is cancelled you can claim. What you can't claim on is on a day like tomorrow when they have already said there are no trains likely before midday so your 8.04 isn't actually cancelled as it's not running anyway.

• Options

Dunno but am sure the claim form only allows you to claim if your on the actual train thats been delayed...

I think their excuse is that you cant complain about your journey being delayed if you were pre-warned almost (Else people could look on the departure boards every day, find a cancelled train on their line and claim)

Nothing to stop you doing that, if you so desire.

• Options
    How on earth can they be allowed to cancel all trains before midday "just in case"?

That's appalling.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

How on earth can they be allowed to cancel all trains before midday "just in case"?

That's appalling.

Beyond a joke really.
  • Options
    Been working all night near Lambeth bridge and whilst it has been non stop rain, there is not a bit of wind and hardly any reports of trees going over. No excuses why they cannot run a service on the metro lines.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Course you can. If you are standing on the platform normally and the train is cancelled you can claim. What you can't claim on is on a day like tomorrow when they have already said there are no trains likely before midday so your 8.04 isn't actually cancelled as it's not running anyway.

Apologies Large... Have just checked the "Delay Repay" form on the SouthEastern website and you can claim if your train is cancelled (like you say, you just cant if they pre-announce it like they have this time)

Hope everyone travelling into work this morning had a safe trip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Confirms my suspicions that their priority is meeting targets, not transporting customers. This precedent has been well and truly set now and the only way this is going to change is pressure from above, i.e. the Government or local MP's.

If their contingency plan consists of shutting the network down each time there is a bad weather forecast, then I would suggest they are employing the wrong people.

I wonder if the train drivers are being paid for their enforced leisure time!
  • Options
    SouthEastern are beyond useless. That's two bus journeys from Welling to Vauxhall over the xmas period just in case the overnight wind and rain "might" have caused some problems on the lines. Xmas Eve starting services at 7am was just about acceptable but suggesting starting services at midday today is nothing short of ridiculous. Trains running in and out of Vauxhall station via Great Western so why are SouthEastern so shite!?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And fares rise in four days....

On their twitter feed they tried to claim that they couldn't run bus rail replacement services due to poor road conditions - someone quickly pointed out that across the whole of London only three bus routes have been diverted !
  • Options
    What can we do? Today's decision is a piss take too far.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What can we do? Today's decision is a piss take too far.

We cant strike against the trains because our bosses wouldnt allow it, we cant all get the 422 / 486 to Woolwich Arsenal and get on the DLR or go to North Greenwich and get the Jubilee Line because there isnt the capacity.

And unfortunately the train companies are all to wise to this!!
  • Options
    All the TOCs are cynically ripping the piss right out of the system.They know that 90% of the time they can blame Network Rail for the cock ups so they don't bother having any back up plans.Use the H&S ticket to cancel the service for any reason and they are only interested in massaging the figures to get maximum subsidy. In short a shower of robbing bastards.
  • Options
    I can't believe you can reclaim when a train is delayed half hour due to some idiot, yet they just wipe out half a days service for no real reason and you can't claim a penny

Farce of a company, and getting worse year by year
  • Options
    drove to O2 this morning from Battle. Took just 90 minutes. Will cost £11 in parking plus about £20 odd in petrol. Still no trains running. Absurb that I can't claim a penny. Out of pocket again Nathan, what do you say to that?
  • Options
    I've lost a days work cos of it. Tossers.
  • Options

drove to O2 this morning from Battle. Took just 90 minutes. Will cost £11 in parking plus about £20 odd in petrol. Still no trains running. Absurb that I can't claim a penny. Out of pocket again Nathan, what do you say to that?

Why didn't you park for free at Sainsburys?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can you not claim for a cancelled train? Fucking ridiculous.

You're a c**t?
  • Options
    The Civil Aviation Authority is having a enquiry into Gatwick Airport's handling of the weather - there is more than enough evidence for the Rail Regulator to do the same for Southeastern. I can see no reason whatsover why for very day that Southeastern (and their subcontractor Network Rail) fail to provide an adequate service that they are not required to reduce their fares by 0.3% - but instead they will be putting them up by 2.8% in January.
  • Options
    Thank god I don't have to use them anymore.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    When I used to commute by train this time of year between Christmas and New Year always pissed me off, regardless of the weather. Off peak train service but full Peak Time fares!
  • Options
    I've never understood how they can get away with that either. If it's a full working day, then how are they allowed to run a weekend schedule and charge full whack for it?

Everything they do is a fucking disgrace - cancelling everything just in case the weather is bad is the absolute apex of couldntgiveafuckery.

Someone needs to get some form of proper protest group together - one that actually has some teeth. In this day and age of social media it surely must be much easier than it used to be?

Or how about a one-issue protest party to stand at the next mayoral election? That sounds eerily familiar, and I seem to recall it worked out quite well in the past...
  • Options
    Glad I dont have to use them anymore. I jump on the moped. Costs me a tenner a week in petrol and I don't have to pay south shittern a penny any more. Love it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Why didn't you park for free at Sainsburys?

wanted to get in work asap and O2 car park is closer and as a one-off it's ok

• Options
    They really are a shambles. I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to Woolwich Arsenal and get the DLR to get to work in the West End, but that was packed this morning because of the no-show from SouthEastern.

Pretty sure they could at least run a service on what they call their metro lines, but to not even bother and give up the night before is just taking the piss out of us.
  • Options
    The title should be changed to everyday!

I
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see if there is scope for compensation from south eastern under supply of goods and services act on days like this.or even for the off peak timetable/peak fares issue.