Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern trains - Useless

Comments

• Options
    After getting the DLR to Bank and then District Line to Cannon St... on my way past I ran in and asked if trains were running (as people were coming out of the station) and was advised that they were slowly moving about - That was about 8:20
  • Options
    mmm slowly moving...no change there then!
  • Options

I got to Eltham and could see no trains had left dartford so jumped on 132 to north greenwich and got Jubilee line. left home at 7, got in to work via M&S Edgware road at 9am. no one here.

Did see a train go up through eltham so they were running, but the info on the app and online
    was incorrect.

Why does twitter tell you to look at the website, which has a generic message and says to check twitter for real time info and then the app just said 'delayed' for every train.

happy xmas from South Eastern. They never fail to serve up some Christmas cheer at this time. just before the fares go up. which we have to pay.

Also, they say they will refund for additional cost of duplicate journeys, how does that work with oyster pay as you go?

I think the problem we have now is one of information overload. BBC London said one thing, while NetWork Southeast said some completely different. I don't do Twitter. Was fully expecting to see trains at New Eltham this morning, but didn't account for the flooding just outside going towards Sidcup. The third rail was smouldering a bit.

Suzie, have you registered your card? If so, you can see your history and use that to claim. I confess, I don't know how they will treat your claim, but when I have done so before, they've been more than helpful and put the money claimed back on straight away. Good luck.
  • Options
    yeah it is registered. It's great for getting refunds when the barriers aren't working etc, but I don't know how I can get a refund for making a genuine journey when i couldn't get a train. I guess I'll find out! thx
  • Options

After getting the DLR to Bank and then District Line to Cannon St... on my way past I ran in and asked if trains were running (as people were coming out of the station) and was advised that they were slowly moving about - That was about 8:20

Surely it's easier to walk from Bank to Cannon Street, than get all the way from the DLR to the District Line at Monument... ;-)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Surely it's easier to walk from Bank to Cannon Street, than get all the way from the DLR to the District Line at Monument... ;-)
    Erm errr... Was hoping someone wouldnt notice that... Involved me taking a wrong turn at the tube exit - I always get lost at Bank lol!
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Erm errr... Was hoping someone wouldnt notice that... Involved me taking a wrong turn at the tube exit - I always get lost at Bank lol!
    With our reputation...never gonna happen!! ;-)
  • Options

yeah it is registered. It's great for getting refunds when the barriers aren't working etc, but I don't know how I can get a refund for making a genuine journey when i couldn't get a train. I guess I'll find out! thx

Unless they will accept that it's a deviation from your normal daily journey.
  • Options
    Suppose it's not even worth attempting to get to Charing cross from bexleyheath this afternoon?
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

Suppose it's not even worth attempting to get to Charing cross from bexleyheath this afternoon?

You should be fine. It just may take a little longer than usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    charltonJ said:

I got a train to Ldn Bridge around 10:30 from eltham and that was Charing Cross bound so you should be ok, just depends if you want to get home for a certain time?
  • Options
    Anyone know if the trains from Dartford are running ok from 1 o'clock?
  • Options
    Sidcup line closed due to flooding, all divertinf via bex heath...canon st chaos mainly due to inept announcer, can anyone here drive a train? (Me heckling not the announcer) happy crimbo
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    razil said:

Sidcup line closed due to flooding, all divertinf via bex heath...canon st chaos mainly due to inept announcer, can anyone here drive a train? (Me heckling not the announcer) happy crimbo

Oh Bollocks!....Eltham station it is then :(

• Options
    Is Cannon Street really chaos?
  • Options
    Was yup..
  • Options
    No drivers. Idiot announcer, wrong trains in wrong platforms and boards, etc
  • Options
    Cheers Razil, ill stroll down to London Bridge at some point then.
  • Options
    Time to join you @ Cannon Street... See how it is and if I cant get away I'll head for Woolwich Arsenal and the DLR again
  • Options
    Freckling clueless at cannon street. Got on one got thrown off!

I can't believe so many people brought their kids in!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Time to join you @ Cannon Street... See how it is and if I cant get away I'll head for Woolwich Arsenal and the DLR again

Need directions FA?? ;-)
  • Options
    For anyone else working tomorrow and planning to use Southeastern - er, don't bother, as they have already decided that there will be no trains until after midday because of the 'stormy weather' predicted for tonight.

Beyond useless.
  • Options
    Cheers for that @AllLeftFoot... I went onto the National Rail website earlier and saw trains had been cancelled... I then saw them say that the first train would be just after 12noon and wondered what was going on
  • Options
    edited December 2013

For anyone else working tomorrow and planning to use Southeastern - er, don't bother, as they have already decided that there will be no trains until after midday because of the 'stormy weather' predicted for tonight.

Beyond useless.

This is ridiculous. We're not going to run trains just in case?

This really is beyond excusable. What must the cost be to the economy with their third world service?

Looks like I'm driving in tomorrow.
  • Options
    That is a disgrace. It's not even mildly windy outside.
  • Options
    Useless c**ts, glasd Im not in until the new year. Piss takers.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    They're all as shit as each other. There's major engineering works at some junction near purley over Xmas - and the useless c**ts have shut Reigate station until 2nd Jan. No replacement buses, no shuttle service, nothing. Unless I go via Working, change stations there, go to Victoria and get the underground across to London Bridge that is. Apparently, if I drive I can get a discount for parking at station car parks - but they've 'severely restricted' car parking at the only station I can realistically get to because of the f***ing engineering works. You couldnt make it up. Only costs me three grand a year too - a bargain!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And of course by cancelling all the trains before 12noon (letting other Services handle us poor sods having to travel in) means they dont have to pay out to anyone should their train be delayed over 30mins etc...

Also as that train wont be delayed it wont ruin the stats SouthEastern have to provide to the Government (i.e. if X number of trains get delayed they also have to either pay a fine or reduce ticket prices, not sure which one)
  • Options

Beyond useless.

I'm staggered. This never used to happen. All it does is put them on the back foot from the off. They should set out to provide the service scheduled instead of a lie in for them all, late start then early finish. A joke.

• Options
    So to do a days work it looks like we will have to drive from the south coast to pick up a DLR service. To add insult we can't even claim on my 5k plus season ticket plus I'll have petrol expenses. Southeastern are bunch of @*$€]