Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Pub In London

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Don't get up there much these days but when I did I liked the Old Cheshire Cheese and The City Pipe mainly for the beer in both instances.

I also liked The Lamb in Leadenhall Market and The Ludgate Cellars.

Comments

• The Volunteer Bexleyheath. Proper little pub run like a pub should be.
  • The Park Tavern in Eltham.....4/5 years ago, proper pub.

The Castle in Eltham High St, now KFC !!
  • The Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath. Great selection of decent beers.
  • I like the Robin Hood in Bexleyheath.I've only ever been in the Volunteer once
  • keep meaning to try the Robin hood. I have heard so many good reports about it.
  • The Social, Little Portland Street.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]The Park Tavern in Eltham.....4/5 years ago, proper pub.

The Castle in Eltham High St, now KFC !!

The Castle LOL
  • mate of mine used to run it...used to have a quality Sunday side...
  • Compton Arms, Islington
    Windsor Castle, Notting Hill
  • I used to like the Maple Leaf in Maiden Lane, but it's not as good as it used to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Cutty Sark - Thamesmead
    Birchwood Abbey Wood
    Prince Regent -Marylebone
    The Old Star - St James Park
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I used to like the Maple Leaf in Maiden Lane, but it's not as good as it used to be

we had a few drunken nights in there hey medders!
  • Rowleys in euston, anyone else been there?
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Cutty Sark - Thamesmead

the Cutty Sark - best pub in london? what qualities do you look for in a pub??
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I used to like the Maple Leaf in Maiden Lane, but it's not as good as it used to be

I cant even remember if its good in there as i was always drunk.
    I found the pics of the first netaddicks drink up in there the other day. there is a pic of Gump looking really camp posing with a bottle of beer. I might scan it and post it :-)
  • ThE Hawley aRMS ... ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I used to like the Maple Leaf in Maiden Lane, but it's not as good as it used to be

One or two mate! We really should do another one, in there again for extra value...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Cutty Sark - Thamesmead
    [/quote]

the Cutty Sark - best pub in london? what qualities do you look for in a pub??[/quote]

I was joking ;-)
  • The Griffin.
  • The Griffin? were i used to liek the Griffin outside Charing X in the 80's before London Derby's
  • Sponsored links:

• I forget the road its on but its got naked ladies! Used to meet me mate down there on a friday after work before we went out but haven't been down for ages!
  • Surprised no-one's mentioned Browns in Shoreditch.... Oh, I just did!
  • The Cherry Tree - Norwood Junction ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Surprised no-one's mentioned Browns in Shoreditch.... Oh, I just did!

Yeah Browns is The Griffin's sister pub but based near Chancery Lane, all the girls swap in the evenings as far as I know.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Cutty Sark - Thamesmead

the Cutty Sark - best pub in london? what qualities do you look for in a pub??

I was joking ;-)

And about the Birchwood surely
  • I only like the Birchwood as it round teh corner

And last time i was in there i never got kicked out at clossing left at 3.00am which was nice

So no cabs on the door step and has the odd nice real Ales.
  • The Lamb in Lamb's Conduit Street is the best proper pub in Central London - FACT.

Others worthy of a visit are

Richard 1st (Greenwich)
    Plume of Feathers (Maze Hill)
    Kings Arms (Waterloo)
    Lord Clyde (Borough)
    The Ship (Holborn)
  • Almost agree but my top 5 would be:

Lamb
    Porter (LB)
    Plume
    Richard
    Harcourt Arms (Marylebone)
  • [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Almost agree but my top 5 would be:

Lamb
    Porter (LB)
    Plume
    Richard
    Harcourt Arms (Marylebone)

No East India Arms?
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Surprised no-one's mentioned Browns in Shoreditch.... Oh, I just did!

Why would they, The Axe is much better down in Shoreditch.

The Griffin good as well and I work just round the corner.