Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Pub In London

Comments

• Options
    Has the Royal Tavern in mottingham opened up as a gastro pub yet?
  • Options
    I ended up in Grove park a little while ago as there is a later train to hither green which is only a 15 min walk home for me, but we ended up in grove park and got a cab. whilst in the cab office there was a girl who obviously had been drinking since she left work as she was wearing a white shirt, and she was staggering around with no handbag, but just in tights. no shoes, no skirt, nothing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Has the Royal Tavern in mottingham opened up as a gastro pub yet?

not yet as far as i'm aware but there is a sign near it saying "last pub till dover" which makes me laugh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I ended up in Grove park a little while ago as there is a later train to hither green which is only a 15 min walk home for me, but we ended up in grove park and got a cab. whilst in the cab office there was a girl who obviously had been drinking since she left work as she was wearing a white shirt, and she was staggering around with no handbag, but just in tights. no shoes, no skirt, nothing.

Sounds like a great night out ;-)
  • Options
    did you try to help her suzi? was she alone?
  • Options
    she was very aggressive, and had been staggering around for quite a while. the cab office took ages to get any sense out of her as they were trying to get her in a cab to take her home but she wouldnt say where she wanted to go and kept on leaving the office.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]she was very aggressive, and had been staggering around for quite a while. the cab office took ages to get any sense out of her as they were trying to get her in a cab to take her home but she wouldnt say where she wanted to go and kept on leaving the office.

I've banned my wife from going out since this unsavoury incident.
  • Options
    you just wait till chirpy jr. tells his mum what you just said....!
  • Options
    Got her number?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I like the Southwark Tavern a lot

i'll second that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whitewebbs football club club house the finest xtra cold guiness in the world ever and thats a fact as for the red lion on shooters hill he is just a money grabbing bstd and has always been dear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I ended up in Grove park a little while ago as there is a later train to hither green which is only a 15 min walk home for me, but we ended up in grove park and got a cab. whilst in the cab office there was a girl who obviously had been drinking since she left work as she was wearing a white shirt, and she was staggering around with no handbag, but just in tights. no shoes, no skirt, nothing.

Is that the cab office with the huge wall mirror? Would explain a lot.

;o)
  • Options
    The Cutty Sark, Thamesmead, when Peter, R.I.P had it, best football and entertainment pub around when it was in full swing.
  • Options
    Oi you lot slating Downham and Grove Park! Its my homelands, agreed every boozer is a dive and its full of wrong'uns but only us locals can say that! Anyway I've moved upper class to Mottingham now opposite the Royal Tavern which I can confirm still hasn't re-opened!
  • Options
    any idea when RedArmy?
    I searched it on the web and it came up with an ad in GumTree advertising for a 48K a year chef to manage this new gastro pub!!! The Royal - a gastro pub... Tavern wont recognise it.
  • Options
    No it seems they run on "Thai-Time" as I like to call it (Saw a building site in Phuket that had "Grand Opening 19/12/07" on Christmas Day '07, they hadn't even managed to get the foundations laid yet!)Anyway I've seen different signs outside the Royal the latest reads..."Coming Soon".
  • Options
    The Royal
  • Options
    Bring back the tavern coach days to Bristol City,a day i will never forget LOL
  • Options
    The Volunteer in Bexleyheath
  • Options
    The Blythe Hill Tavern, Catford/Brockley Rise.

It's not a pre match pub, it's my local. It has a terrific atmosphere, excellent beer and occasional live Irish music and the only food you'll get is a packet of crisps or pork scratchings. One of a dying breed of pubs. Well worth a visit.
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/29/2991/Blythe_Hill_Tavern/Forest_Hill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dacre Arms..........tucked away out of sight in the back streets between Lee and Blackheath.
  • Options
    Valley_floyd_red ;
    Is Con ready for the new carpets in the side and back bars yet ?
    Oh, my local is the "Axemurderers" (The Golden Lion) in Sunny Sydenham.
    It does what it says on the tin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Dacre Arms..........tucked away out of sight in the back streets between Lee and Blackheath.

As mentioned by me on Page 2. I can often be found in there on a Thursday night....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The Blythe Hill Tavern, Catford/Brockley Rise.

It's not a pre match pub, it's my local. It has a terrific atmosphere, excellent beer and occasional live Irish music and the only food you'll get is a packet of crisps or pork scratchings. One of a dying breed of pubs. Well worth a visit.
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/29/2991/Blythe_Hill_Tavern/Forest_Hill

My brothers local and one i'll be found in quite regularly..

Proper pub- SE london Camra pub of the year- looks manky from the outside but a really good pub with great service and even better beer- and a very good and different indian take away if you are hungry afterwards....
  • Options
    Well for pubs in Borough - The Lord Clyde - is excellent a proper pub or the Royal Oak - Tabard Street.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Well for pubs in Borough - The Lord Clyde - is excellent a proper pub or the Royal Oak - Tabard Street.

Agreed re the Clyde - see page 1.

Wasn't that fussed with the Royal Oak. Full of pretentious twats when I was in and came across as a bit fake.

Maybe just a bad day. Was probably a leaving do for "Seb, I'm in Media" or something going on in there at the time.
  • Options
    I live the Fitzroy Tavern on Charlotte Street, good cheap bev (Stan Smiths) and a great spot to watch the world go by drinking outside.
  • Options
    Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The Blythe Hill Tavern, Catford/Brockley Rise.

[url]http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/29/2991/Blythe_Hill_Tavern/Forest_Hill[/url][/quote]

My brothers local and one i'll be found in quite regularly..

Proper pub- SE london Camra pub of the year- looks manky from the outside but a really good pub with great service and even better beer- and a very good and different indian take away if you are hungry afterwards....

I used to go more often that I do these days, most of the people I know down there are all Millwall fans, a good lot though. Maybe see you down there.
  • Options
    I was in The Bull, Shooters Hill last night. I haven't been in there for years. What a great pub! Proper boozer, two bars which I think is really important. Not enough two bar pubs around anymore. I have always been a Saloon Bar man myself but appricieate a Public Bar too.
    Seems really well run, plenty of punters in there and a fantastic range of ales availiable including Gales HSB and Sharpes Doombar.
    I will definately be returning soon.
  • Options
    The Star off Plumstead Common, proper old fashioned pub, landlord is a Charlton Season Ticket holder, the room upsatirs is a shrine to CAFC, someting going on most nights, quiz nights etc and a great cricket team with the fattest all rounder in the world batting at number 4!