Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Pub In London

Comments

• Options
    the axe is quality ended up in there on my 18th birthday.
  • Options
    I end up there far too often :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I end up there far too often :-(

Impossible!
  • Options
    The Barge Pole - Thamesmead
    The Belvoir - Belvedere
    Watt Tyler - Kidbrooke Ferrier

all faves of mine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]The Castle in Eltham High St, now KFC !!

You could've got served in there in school uniform! (the pub that is!!)
  • Options
    yep I know that !!!

now work about 30 seconds from The Ship in Holborn and have to say it's a cracking little boozer, ALWAYS busy...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The Lamb in Lamb's Conduit Street is the best proper pub in Central London - FACT.

Others worthy of a visit are

Richard 1st (Greenwich)
    Plume of Feathers (Maze Hill)
    Kings Arms (Waterloo)
    Lord Clyde (Borough)
    The Ship (Holborn)

The Lord Clyde - it was a great little boozer when I used to use it on a daily basis but havent been there for years now. Do you know if Michael is still the manager there?
  • Options
    The Lord Clyde - it was a great little boozer when I used to use it on a daily basis but havent been there for years now. Do you know if Michael is still the manager there?[/quote

Yes mate he is. been in the same family for about 60 years.
  • Options
    The Three Tuns in Beckenham, great for my teenage years .
  • Options
    The Dacre Arms - Nothing touches it as a real proper pub, although The Robin Hood in Bexleyheath is rather good.
    I have been a patron of our capitals pubs for 30 years and whilst I don't claim to have visited every one, I have certainly been to more than many people have. I have worked in The City for over 20 years and have been in at least 90% of the square mile's pubs.
    Sadly pubs are not what they were due to many factors. There are few good, proper ones left in The City, sadly the Lamb Tavern in Leadenhall Market is no longer one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    The Ship and Shovell near Charing Cross sells a good selection of ales and lager..

The Market Porter...when not being bombarded by Millwall Youth...
  • Options
    The Barge Pole - Thamesmead
    The Belvoir - Belvedere
    Watt Tyler - Kidbrooke Ferrier

all faves of mine.

You certainly know your khazi's Steve.
    I remember when we lived on the Ferrier and my dad arrived back from the Wat tyler in a new sheepskin crombie style coat, only to watch it appear on Police 5 the same afternoon.
  • Options
    Keep 'em peeled..
  • Options
    The Anchor In Charlton and the Plume of feathers Greenwich
  • Options
    les say's favourite:

The Carlisle Arms, Bateman Street.
  • Options
    The Royal Oak near Borough tube is great.

I used to like the Dover Patrol back in the middle ages when I started drinking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    I used to like the Dover Patrol back in the middle ages when I started drinking.

I used to go to the Dover patrol at lunchtimes when I was at school. Was in there one day and asked for two pints of lager and lime, the barman said that'll be 52p, and me and my mate didn't have enough money coz they'd put the prices up overnight.We were short by 2p...LOL. How embarrassing.
  • Options
    So, picking up from a few posts in the barney thread...

Has anyone discovered any new 'gems'?
  • Options
    Don't get what people say about the Market Porter at LB- prefer the wheatsheaf myself, well the beer there anyway. Good crack when standing outside in the summer!

For me, the musician haunts of the Harp, CX area (back of the Collusium) The Castle in Brewer street and the Dog and duck, Frith Street have been the venue for many a good evening and all have a very well looked after Real Ale.....
  • Options
    The Royal Oak (Charlton)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horse & Groom
  • Options
    The valley
  • Options
    The British Oak is good - there's not a better pub closer to The Valley.
  • Options
    Red lion on shooters hill wish he would stop putting the price up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]Red lion on shooters hill wish he would stop putting the price up
    Blame Mr. Darling
  • Options
    Following on from Stanmore's post about the pubs at Borough, I like the Southwark Tavern a lot
  • Options
    Lovely slurp of Badger in The Ship and Shovell near Charing X.

Used to like The Nell Gwynne off the Strand, havent been for a while and I hear its closing.

This thread should be reveived in a few years and see how many of these boozers are still going.
  • Options
    the baring hall,grove park.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the baring hall,grove park.

Jeez - absolute khazi!!!
  • Options
    joshing mate,awfull dangerous dive.