Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 36s
    Stoke City release Jermaine Pennant, Dean Whitehead, Carlo Nash, Matthew Upson, Rory Delap, Matthew Lund & Mamady Sidibe. #scfc #bbcfootball

Could we tempt Dean Whitehead to the Valley?
  • Options
    Rory Delap as a replacement for Solly? Yann would like all those long throws.....
  • Options
    Whitehead pleaseee. He's got a big fat head.
  • Options
    Upson, Whitehead and Pennant would mind them.
  • Options
    Do not want any of them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    4 bowman said:

Not interested in Bailey at all. Boro can keep him.

That's that then who shall we run down next Ronaldo ?
    Yep, good idea, they're both on the same level aren't they? Jesus.

We don't need Bailey. I personally don't think he'd improve our midfield. I'd rather have Harriott, Jackson, Pritchard and Gower.
  • Options

4 bowman said:

We don't need Bailey. I personally don't think he'd improve our midfield. I'd rather have Harriott, Jackson, Pritchard and Gower.
    You are entitled to your opinion, that's what this forum is all about. However, you are wrong if you don't think that Bailey would improve our midfield!

Either way it makes no difference because I seriously doubt we can afford him
  • Options
    Reckon Upson will go Brighton
  • Options
    Sign bailey up. Outrageous to even mention a penalty miss - see Leicester fans.
  • Options
    And his goal against Millwall that season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pennant chipped in with the most assists for Stoke in the Prem.
  • Options
    If I remember, Jermaine Pennant was Jerome Thomas' best mate - always out clubbing together.
    Attitude was apparently a big problem back then.

Considering his talent, he seems to have often under-achieved.
  • Options

Pennant chipped in with the most assists for Stoke in the Prem.

they score about 30 goals didnt they

• Options

Penalty miss isn't my problem. More concerned with the theatricals, whining, stray passes. Still a no from me

• Options

4 bowman said:

You are entitled to your opinion, that's what this forum is all about. However, you are wrong if you don't think that Bailey would improve our midfield!

...I am wrong...in your opinion.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Penalty miss isn't my problem. More concerned with the theatricals, whining, stray passes. Still a no from me

This.
  • Options
    Where's the Pennant rumour come from? Good crosser of the ball statistically....
  • Options
    No rumour. He was released by Stoke. Thats about as far as that rumour goes
  • Options
    Whitehead was mentioned some time ago.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Absolutely this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4 bowman said:

...I am wrong...in your opinion.
    I was being ironic :)
  • Options
    Agree about the stray passes, the rest I don't care about/didnt happen.

I think the problem is people are judging the Bailey who left 3 years ago.

Since then he's been playing a different role consistantly at the top of the Champioship.

Its as if players leave us and remain in suspended animation. They don't. They change and sometimes improve.

As for Boro are letting him go that is partly a money thing. They need to cut costs. It doesn't mean they think he's no good.

Is DM a prority when we have Hughes and Gower? Perhaps not so I can't see Bailey coming back plus I doubt we can afford him on our budget but I'm not sure we can be quite so fussy to dismiss him out of hand.
  • Options

Worth a "spot" in our team?
  • Options

He might squeeze in.

• Options

He might squeeze in.

Yeah, Powell might give him a pop
  • Options

He might squeeze in.

Yeah, Powell might give him a pop
    He was with us years ago as a kid - I'd take him back(ne)

• Options
    Does he come from acne?
  • Options
    I heard he's off to play his football at The Spotlands for Rochdale
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

If I remember, Jermaine Pennant was Jerome Thomas' best mate - always out clubbing together.
    Attitude was apparently a big problem back then.

Considering his talent, he seems to have often under-achieved.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/my-porsche-forgot-i-even-owned-one-says-jermaine-pennant-2189069.html

Anyone who forgot that he owns a Porsche is a no in my opinion...

• Options
    Well I did see Bailey in Nandos in Greenwich Village about a month and a half ago. But that means nothing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!