Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

I know few people have asked me what the latest is on my son Alfie re signing for Charlton or Arsenal well I can tell you he will be signing for Charlton next Monday down at the Valley.

He will be a member of the Charlton academy U9 squad 2013/14

I am chuffed he will be signing for the team I have loved for the past 33 years and the team Alfie loves as well

I know 9 times out of 10 it dosen't work out but hey someone has to make it, and as long he is playing with a smile on his face that suits me fine.

So bring on the Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal and West Ham next season it will be a rollercoster of a ride.............COYR

Comments

• Blinding! Congratulations.
  • congrats to you both.
  • Fair play to him, every kids dream*

*to play for the club they support, not to play for charlton!!
  • How tall is he? : - )

Delighted for you and him.

Maybe if we fund raise for the Academy again we can do something for the U9s
  • Congratulations to you both.
  • Top news. I just can't imagine how the little fella feels signing for the club he supports. You must be so proud. Good luck Alfie.
  • Out of curiousity (fair enough if you don't wish to say though), does a club like Arsenal offer you any incentive (financial, tickets etc) to sign for them instead? I accept we are skint so obviously couldn't.
  • Good luck to him.

It will be a memorable experience for him however it eventually pans out.
  • Congratulations!
  • Must be so proud. congrats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic, Terry !

Proud Dad or what !!!!

Please keep us in the loop as to how he progresses .
  • Well done to you both.
  • Brilliant! Good luck Alfie.
  • Fantastic. Well done Alfie.
  • Must be a good player because Arsenal weren't courting him for nothing!!!
  • Good news.

I hope his dream comes true. If it doesn't don't let him get too disappointed (or sign for Palace).
  • Out of curiousity (fair enough if you don't wish to say though), does a club like Arsenal offer you any incentive (financial, tickets etc) to sign for them instead? I accept we are skint so obviously couldn't.

Arsenal offered £160 per month for petrol plus excec lounge tix every now and then at the emerites.
    Believe it or not at Charlton Alfie gets 2 free tix for every home game which isn't bad!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments

• Great News. You must be so proud!
    Good luck Alfie
  • Well done and good luck Alfie!

Arsenal offered £160 per month for petrol plus excec lounge tix every now and then at the emerites.
    Believe it or not at Charlton Alfie gets 2 free tix for every home game which isn't bad!

Excellent news

And you get a couple of tickets to sell to away fans every game too !

• Sponsored links:

• Congratulations and good luck to Alfie! :-)
  • edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Terry Naylor"><blockquote class="Quote" rel="Chris_from_Sidcup">Out of curiousity (fair enough if you don't wish to say though), does a club like Arsenal offer you any incentive (financial, tickets etc) to sign for them instead? I accept we are skint so obviously couldn't.</blockquote>

</blockquote>

That's worth £3-400 per year at least and you haven't got the hassle of getting him to the Arsenal training ground a few times a week. One of the kids at my son's school was on Fulham's books and his parents seemed to live on the M25 for a few years taking him backwards and forwards to Motspur Park.
  • Big congrats to you and the family - hope my boy can follow in his footsteps in a few years time!
  • Top stuff, you must be bursting with pride!!! Wishing Alfie all the luck in the World....COYA!!
  • How tall is he? : - )

Delighted for you and him.

Maybe if we fund raise for the Academy again we can do something for the U9s

Cheers Henry

I will tell you how different it is between Charlton and Arsenal. Just before Xmas at Arsenal Alfie was given about £500 of Kit ranging from full kit to polo shirts and tracksuit!!

The Charlton U8s got last years kit handed down from last years Under 9s from a back of a van....lol

No one could ever accuse me of going with the richer option....lol

• Here is a pic of Alfie and Liam Brady last year when we were invited to Arsenal.
    Arsenal have done everything they can to sign him!!!
  • good luck he will love it, i had to endure my lad turning out in that stripy nigel shite for a few years !!!!!!
  • Here is a pic of Alfie and Liam Brady last year when we were invited to Arsenal.
    Arsenal have done everything they can to sign him!!!

Congratulations to both of you Terry. I hope Alfie enjoys himself and fulfils all his (and your) dreams! Is that you in the background with the champers???

;-)
  • Lol

I know im old but not that bloody old!!!!
  • Watching us at home this season has made us all a lot older and wearier!!!

Good luck.

;-)