Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Options
    Reading had that as well on the outside pitches.

If we are lucky we might get it by 2017? ;-)
  • Options
    Here Terry, don't ever change!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22038525
  • Options
    I'll try mate lol
  • Options
    Good game at Sparrows lane today Vs Southend Utd

Southend were a good unit and pushed Charlton all the way.

The first game finished 2-2 and the second game finished 5-3 to Charlton with Alfie scoring a very good goal.

Now on to the tournament in Norwich on Sunday which will be their biggest test yet.

COYR
  • Options
    This is fantastic, keep the updates coming please

Good luck at Naaarrrwich boys!
  • Options
    Good lads Big Al and little Al

Keep the updates coming mate
  • Options
    Just read this Terry, congrats mate, must be a proud dad.
  • Options
    I thought it was a nice touch today all the U9s when walking round the pitch high fiveing Alfie when they walked past the covered end. A couple of them even asking him to walk with them!!!
  • Options
    A great day was had by all at the U8 Norwich City tournament.

We played some of the best football I have seen the boys play.
    We played Norwich,Ipswich and Reading(again)

We beat Ipswich 3-0 2-0 beat Norwich 2-1 2-1 beat Reading 3-0 drew 1-1

Alfie scored 2 good goals one i got on film when I Suss out how to put it on here I will do.

COYR
  • Options
    So we've yet to lose since he signed, good work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought it was a nice touch today all the U9s when walking round the pitch high fiveing Alfie when they walked past the covered end. A couple of them even asking him to walk with them!!!

That's really good to hear, sounds like he is well in already. I wondered if Alfie was one of the U9 group as they went past me.
  • Options
    Only just caught up with this thread - brilliant stuff! All the best to Alfie and the other young lads - thanks for the updates, too, TN.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

That's really good to hear, sounds like he is well in already. I wondered if Alfie was one of the U9 group as they went past me.
    No he will be next season as he will be an U9 then. When the under 9's walked round last Saturday they were giving him high fives as Alfie has trained with them for a few months. A few of them asked him to jump over and join them lol
  • Options
    Off the topic of Charlton but Alfie and his Sunday team AFC AllStars made it through to the Selkent League cup final by beating Phoenix Lions 3-0 (Alfie2) and Petts wood darters 1-0 so in a few weeks time they will be playing Dulwich Hamlet and Brockley County in a 3 way final.

All in all its been a very good season all round lets hope Alfie and boys finish with some silverware?
  • Options
    Well done to Alfie and the Allstars who won the Selkent league cup final by beating Brockley county 1-0 and Dulwich Hamlet 3-0 what away to end the season!! End of an era but a new one begins with Charlton next season COYR
  • Options
    You must be very proud. Well done to yours and all the kids
  • Options
    Just a quick update on Alfie and the Charlton U9s Acadamy.

Last night we traveled down to Maidstone to play Soccer Ellite (who are a very good set up)
    They split the team in 2 with Alfie playing in defence both games(only his 4th game in that position!) they won the first game 5-1 and the second 5-3 (in Alfie's defence he was of the pitch for 2 of the goals lol) at one one stage we were 2-0 and 3-1 down so the boys came back well! Alfie and the team done very well considering it was hitting 88F!!

The other half of the team won 4-0 6-1

They now have friendlys coming up Vs Southend,Dagenham,Gillingham and Tottenham before the season starts on the 1st September

The boys are looking very good so fingers crossed!

COYR
  • Options
    Thanks TN, keep the titbits coming!
  • Options
    Good stuff TN - must be brilliant seeing him turn out in the colours doing well. Gooners - pah shmooners.
  • Options
    Nice one Terry. Thank Christ the little fella didn't inherit his old mans "football skills"!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like yours?

Don't head it - might upset that fancy hairdo.
  • Options
    No problem
    Off_it said:

Nice one Terry. Thank Christ the little fella didn't inherit his old mans "football skills"!

What are you trying to say? I always thought if someone went past you you could rugby tackle them?? Lol ;-)
  • Options
    Waiting at sparrows lane to watch Alfie and the Charlton U9s Vs Southend Utd COYR
  • Options
    Well done to Alfie and the U9s who drew 7-7 in the first game and won 9-6 in the second (yes it was football not basketball!) the other 9s won 7-1 and 7-6 Alfie scored 2 good goals one from 25 yards!!!
    COYR
  • Options
    I couldn't kick à ball that far when i was 8. Must have a very good shot on him for his age group.

What size goals do they use?
  • Options
    9 a side goal so a bit bigger then the normal size goal for their age group.

I'll be honest I saw Alfie score a goal for Arsenal that was a bit further out but it was a rolling ball that he hit first time and it sailed in wether he meant it who knows but he said he did ;-)

• Options
    You must be bursting with pride! Just curious though... do they play a lot of games, or is there a lot of skills based training as well? There was a load of discussion about the England U21 debacle, and how we teach our youngsters. I just wondered what Charlton's approach was?
  • Options
    The latest on Alfie and the Charlton U9s is they played Gillingham last night with Alfie's team winning 11-4 9-4 Alfie scoring 2 good goals from defence.
    The other U9s won 9-2 and 17-1 Not one of the best teams weve played but you can only beat whats put in front of you.

On to next week when we take on Dagenham who I have been told have quite a few good boys who were let go from West Ham and Tottenham so should be tighter games?

COYR
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    McBobbin said:

You must be bursting with pride! Just curious though... do they play a lot of games, or is there a lot of skills based training as well? There was a load of discussion about the England U21 debacle, and how we teach our youngsters. I just wondered what Charlton's approach was?

When the normal season starts they train 3 times working on everything. They do a lot skill training which the boys enjoy as the coaches will throw in sometimes a ronaldo or messi trick.

At the moment they are focusing on fitness with the boys in a few weeks haveing there first propper fitness test.

Charlton have some very good coaches who the boys all look upto.

• Options
    Couple of things:

1. Do our under 9s ever lose? We seem to win every game.
    2. Did i read that right? West ham and Spurs have already let some kids go. These kids are 8 and 9 and clubs have already decided they aren't good enough. A crazy world.