Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil v Charlton Post Match Views & News (comments in blue from those there)

Comments

• Options

just seen the goals on sky sports and yeovils first is dangerous play ffs i mean just cos it looks good why does an overhead kick hardly ever get pulled up for dangerous play unless the defending player gets kicked , if hamer had been braver and got kicked he'd have got a free kick ridiculous

peach of a free kick from kermy , he'd tried a few this season

and a great looking loop at the end when the fans ran to the corner on the sparsely populated terrace to celebrate the winner

just a shame there wasn't more than 920 for the trip , another couple of years and i'll be able to drag my youngest to a game like that but when

wednesday take 3,723 to walsall , carlisle have 4k at preston !! 754 stevenage at colchester and even exeter muster 504 for the trip to wycombe and palace take 2,786 to soton

surely we should be bringing a few more to witness this great team of ours

• Options
    Oohahh please give it a rest. So what if we ONLY took a 1000 to the footballing Mecca that is Yeovil? Why not concentrate on what turned out to be a cracking day for those that were able to go instead.
  • Options
    Yeah wish we'd taken 3k to Walsall and lost 2-1.

• Options
    The thing is, Oohaah, it was four effing hours each way. All the journeys you quote from the other games are half that or less, which is why II've been banging on about this fixture. Preston - Carlisle and Colchester-Stevenage are effectively derbies, exactly the sort of game that generates a Boxing Day crowd. If we'd been playing Southampton yesterday, in our current form we'd have taken 2,500 there, I am sure.

I also realised, as we sat on a jam or did odd things on M25 intersections that even Brentford would have had an hour's less journey to Yeovil than we had. Straight on to the M3 for most of them, who live in places like Twickenham.
  • Options
    Seen myself on SSN nearly falling over the hoardings after Greens goal, was quality.
  • Options
    People really don't 'get' oohahh do they?!

Anyway, stick to post match views (not including attendance comments you cheeky little scamp).
  • Options

Was a fantastic result and great to see that we can turn a game around after going behind twice.

Although, it should never have been 3-2, it was more like a 4-0 game. We dominated most of the game!

Green, Kermy & Wiggins were all absolutely superb!

Thought Hamer could have done better with both goals, as he needs to come and claim much more crosses into the box.

Great Celebrations & Hopefully Sheffield United will drop points today! 

• Options
    920 is good for us for a place like Yeovil on boxing day. Away attendances have been creeping up this year, only a matter of time before we sell out every away game especially after we secure back to back promotions to the prem, then Kevin cash will give CP his millions and we go on to become the Man Utd of the south and then we'll all be complaining about the capacity of the valley as we won't have enough room to fit everyone in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@ Prague Addick

exeters shortest  journey to wycombe not using the quickest motorway route is 163 miles our journey was 139 miles

effectively derbies ??? preston- carlisle  is 87 miles apart !!

colchester v stevenage 62 miles apart , hardly derbies

Walsall v sheff wed 83 miles

and i quote WSS Just got back from the easiest drive to and from Yeovil ever"

• Options
    Oohaah, you are revealing a sad London-centric attitude to derbies there mate. Carlisle - Newcastle is also considered a derby (by Carlisle) and that's even further and not motorway linked.

Anyway WSS says we are off topic. It was a long journey, but I am sure glad I went, and everyone who went will tell all their mates, and that will add to the next away contingent. 
  • Options
    oohahh get a life.

Route taken by the coaches was 168 miles.

Yeovil v Sheff U  - 5,001
    Yeovil v Sheff W - 4,445
    Yeovil v Hudds - 3,486

Analyse it with what games were on TV, league position, phase of the moon, what colour socks people were wearing...

How would you know it was the easiest drive ever until after you have done it ?

What is Carlisle's derby in this division ?

Yes the corner of the terrace was sparsely populated because the sensible people were standing in a position which gave a good view of the pitch !

Give it a rest.

Happy New Year

• Options
    i'm weird but i always get out weirded
  • Options

agree with prague for our real 'derby' at orient we can perhaps have added a few more to the gate that turns up there

• Options
    @CAFCofficialCharlton Athletic FC
    Video highlights of yesterday's 3-2 win v Yeovil should be on CAFC Player at around 5pm for those asking (MW) #cafc
  • Options
    ooaahh how do you not bore yourself? 
  • Options
    I think it's due to the ridiculous bites he gets on here each week when he mentions it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He does have a point though, a few people are trying to make out what a great turnout it was when in reality Yeovil only sounds like a long way but really its only as far as Bristol and no one gets too excited if we ever take 1000 there. Oohaah is just giving that old cliché all Charlton fans seem to love - perspective.

To end the day 8 points clear at the top on a relatively easy drive,maybe he just expects a little bit more from our fans, after all Wednesday took 3.7k to Walsall

Great result and I'm really happy for us all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the first half was pretty uninspired with neither side showing any real spark.
    Godawful defending for their goals and Obika wasted a good chance to add to their tally.
    Didn't think Yeovil were as bad as their league position suggests, but like a lot of our opponents they probably raised their game and are crap against teams around them
    Zero atmosphere, it was like watching a park game
    We came to life after Kermy's equaliser and for the last half hour looked like a top of the table team. Gave them a real pounding.
    Interesting to see Morro hanging around up front for long periods towards the end. Was that on instructions I wonder?
    Thought Greeny whipped in some great balls, although I think he's starting to overdo the trying to score from a corner routine (even if one did hit the post!)
    Usual poor standard officials.
    BWP needs a goal.
    I think if we'd shown the same intensity and desire in the first hour we might have won more comfortably.
    Enjoyed the game and back home in Poole by 6.10.
    I've actually enjoyed the last 3 seasons at Huish Park, even the monsoon one; and pub league or not there is a part of me that will miss that old fashioned experience of standing on an open terrace like i did on the old east terrace in days of yore

• Options

Meanwhile, back to the Match reports........

We were totally a different class to Yeovil, a far better footballing side as our respective table placings would indicate.  Danny was perhaps the cut above the rest, great first touch, control and distribution.

What really came accross was the team ''one for all and all for one'' spirit which was epitomised by the celebrations after each goal, especially after Dannys winner, and the fact that SCP had a Charlton scarf on.

We really have a great bunch of lads out there now who want to give their all for us.

Happy new team, year and approach.

• Options
    Well I certainly agree with oohahh over the overhead kick being dangerous play. Never really considered this before but in most cases it must constitute dangerous play but is rarely penalised. As for the other issue as stated its off topic.
  • Options
    Trying not to get too excited as it was only Yeovil away but you gotta love a last minute away win wherever it is. Prematch beers in a heated tent were nice, friendly locals and nice food to boot. My view of our first goal was obscured by the gents toilet wall why oh why does it always happen to me? A fully deserved victory overall with loads of action, second half effort by team was immense. A woman next to me kept shouting out take them on Charlton when the oppo had the ball which was a tad bizarre. With the away record we have surprised the walk up from our fans was that small but hey ho, those that don't come are missing out this team are good to watch, good times to be an addick for a change!
  • Options
    Trying not to get too excited as it was only Yeovil away but you gotta love a last minute away win wherever it is. Prematch beers in a heated tent were nice, friendly locals and nice food to boot. My view of our first goal was obscured by the gents toilet wall why oh why does it always happen to me? A fully deserved victory overall with loads of action, second half effort by team was immense. A woman next to me kept shouting out take them on Charlton when the oppo had the ball which was a tad bizarre. With the away record we have surprised the walk up from our fans was that small but hey ho, those that don't come are missing out this team are good to watch, good times to be an addick for a change!

Ketman, the woman who was shouting was she quite short with blondish hair.

Just wondering as when I went to the friendly at Aldershot there was a woman doing exactly the same and I thought is was a bit odd.

• Options

Meanwhile, back to the Match reports........

We were totally a different class to Yeovil, a far better footballing side as our respective table placings would indicate.  Danny was perhaps the cut above the rest, great first touch, control and distribution.

What really came accross was the team ''one for all and all for one'' spirit which was epitomised by the celebrations after each goal, especially after Dannys winner, and the fact that SCP had a Charlton scarf on.

We really have a great bunch of lads out there now who want to give their all for us.

Happy new team, year and approach.

Oy Tony answer your messages.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@ Prague Addick

exeters shortest  journey to wycombe not using the quickest motorway route is 163 miles our journey was 139 miles

effectively derbies ??? preston- carlisle  is 87 miles apart !!   Preston are Carlisle's nearest opponents this season!!

colchester v stevenage 62 miles apart , hardly derbies  It's Colchester's third closest fixture and Stevenage have never played at Colchester in the league before!!

Walsall v sheff wed 83 miles  I don't think you realise just how MASSIVE Sheffield Wednesday are!!

and i quote WSS Just got back from the easiest drive to and from Yeovil ever"

• Options

Fantastic result well done to the team and supporters BUT he still cant score roll on Jan

Hope CP is going to the sales striker needed not a sulker

• Options

Fantastic result well done to the team and supporters BUT he still cant score roll on Jan

Hope CP is going to the sales striker needed not a sulker

Agree lets get rid . FFS
  • Options
    Yeah he's only got 14 this season. Useless. *rolls eyes*