Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil v Charlton Post Match Views & News (comments in blue from those there)

Comments

• Options

Fantastic result well done to the team and supporters BUT he still cant score roll on Jan

Hope CP is going to the sales striker needed not a sulker

Agreed. Let's stick Andy Hughes up front. He always tries hard, never seen him sulk. Also John Sullivan seems an affable sort of chap, generally got a grin on even though he's on the bench. There, I think we've solved our striking crisis where we never score and always lose. High five?
  • Options
    Jesus get off BWP's back will you!If you want to support a team where strikers score for fun then look no further than United!I mean hat class player Rooney........oh no wait!
  • Options

Fantastic result well done to the team and supporters BUT he still cant score roll on Jan

Hope CP is going to the sales striker needed not a sulker

Got to be a WUM
    Disregard
  • Options
    I suspect that what the numbties who mistake BWP "sulking" is in fact a simmering anger that he hasn't scored for at least ten minutes. All strikers just want to score and when they don't you don't see a lot of smiling going on. When fit he must be first name on teamsheet.
  • Options
    And anyone who was actually there yesterday would see the effort he put in for the rest of the team.  A few great flicks, ran the channels when needed, back-tracked to our own half when he lost the ball/trying to get it back.

Had a couple of decent shots which were blocked and/or deflected.  He's fine, just needs a break in front of goal.
  • Options
    The lad loves scoring goals and scoring goals only he is the type of player that if we win 4-0 and he hasnt scored he will go home and kick the cat. Perhaps that is not the most mature or team orientated attitude but christ if only we had players who wanted to do well that badly or could finish that well in the last few years we wouldnt be creaming ourselves about being top of division three now!
  • Options
    Alright Steve, how are things back in Prague? Will you somehow catch the Orient game in a pub? It'll be worth it I think, this is some team, they are serious about winning every game.

BWP detractors, if I am not mistaken it was
    one of his several great flicks that put Danny away for the winner. And when my brother encountered a Yeovil fan in the loos at Fleet, it was BWP that the guy mentioned first.
  • Options
    There is not a single manager in league one who wouldn't want BWP in his team. I also think that the vast majority of Championship managers would also feel the same and I feel certain a few of the lowest prem teams have had him checked out.
  • Options

just seen the goals on sky sports and yeovils first is dangerous play ffs i mean just cos it looks good why does an overhead kick hardly ever get pulled up for dangerous play unless the defending player gets kicked , if hamer had been braver and got kicked he'd have got a free kick ridiculous

So had a Charlton player scored from that position and in that manner then the goal should definitely have been disallowed?

Of course not - it was perfectly legitimate.

• Options
    What a signing Kermo has turned out to be. Did any of us predict he'd have this kind of success when he first came?

What makes me even more happy is that it points out what a great judge of player Powell is. Takes an unwanted player from someones reserves, and we're all asking questions about it, and then they play like a superstar for us.

Reminds me of some of Curbs signings. Good days. Well done CP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Went to the game. Charlton definitely deserved to win. Well done to the fans who travelled. Some one was right, it's a hard ground to make much atmosphere in. Just shows how we see the game differently. I thought Russell had a really good game (JaShea99. doesn't think Russell offers nuch!). I will be sad if he goes back to Preston. Ephraim also played well, but over-ran the ball a few times. Need a striker and a couple of other players to strengthen the bench. Build from a position of strength. You bet the Sheff clubs will, and Huddersfield

• Options

just seen the goals on sky sports and yeovils first is dangerous play ffs i mean just cos it looks good why does an overhead kick hardly ever get pulled up for dangerous play unless the defending player gets kicked , if hamer had been braver and got kicked he'd have got a free kick ridiculous

So had a Charlton player scored from that position and in that manner then the goal should definitely have been disallowed?

Of course not - it was perfectly legitimate.

not in a million years should that count and i'd be the first to say it shouldn't .... just cos it looks pretty doesn't mean it's legitimate
  • Options
    If Hamer had some bigger balls and put himself in a better position to be kicked in the head then he would've got a free kick I'm sure.
  • Options
    Totally delighted ... 8 points ... 8 points clear ... At the half way point'ish we are doing very well ... We all deserve a promotion after 7 yrs of decline and it finally feels like its , at worst, could happen and at best, likely ...

• Options
    Alright Steve, how are things back in Prague? Will you somehow catch the Orient game in a pub? It'll be worth it I think, this is some team, they are serious about winning every game.
    All's well in Prague but it's frustrating to not be able to get to any of the matches over the festive period. Will def try to catch the Orient match somewhere. Enjoy the rest of your visit and let's grab a beer when you're back in town.
  • Options
    Phew! Safe from relegation now.
    Bit optimistic Oggy!

I reckon we need one more win to be sure.

:-)
  • Options
    When Greens goal went in I have to say it was one of the best moments of the last few years. Green had a great game but I was surprised how dirty Yeovil were. I havent been able to see the highlights - was Hamer being held for their second ? He certainly seemed to think so.
  • Options
    I think you have to be a bit dirty to beat us in this league...... and hope for a useless ref - they had a useless ref by all acounts but still couldn't beat us.
  • Options
    Palace have yet to sell out the top tier for millwall oooahh , I reckon were have more at orient than palace at millwall as no doubt were be selling out orient now!!
  • Options

I'm not sure if oh-ah is a WUM or not but its priceless someone moaning about the lack of numbers at Yeovil........but doesn't go himself  !!!

and to Ketman............maybe the answer to your question lies in your first sentance - the beer tent !!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    But every club has a oh-ah
  • Options
    @southamptonaddick Yes, short, 40's with blonde hair.
  • Options
    game kicked off at 11pm here in china....
    was listening on player

fell asleep with about 6 to play and though the gap had narrowed to 2 points

awoke in a daze to find it up to 8...

didn't fully comprehend as I stumbled to bed

but awoke... and found happy days!'

niiiice

COYR

• Options
    YEAH...BUT... I SAID THAT....

not addicted 4 life

• Options
    hmmmm... think i am too drunk to post
  • Options
    Not many ratings on the ratings thread. Disappointing.
  • Options
    game kicked off at 11pm here in china....
    was listening on player

fell asleep with about 6 to play and though the gap had narrowed to 2 points

awoke in a daze to find it up to 8...

didn't fully comprehend as I stumbled to bed

but awoke... and found happy days!'

niiiice

COYR

How could you fall asleep like that.  :-)
  • Options
    What a ding dong of a game , staring down the barrel of defeat , at 2-1 down this lot shows oodles of fight and character , i was sitting their thinking the theatre has got nothing on this! great to see Danny G off and running , boy he enjoyed it! bit gutted the crowd didn't join in with my Jingle Bells , Jingle Bells at the last , but then it was manic! :-0 well done Charlton, cracking comeback and Christmas Pressie , lets hope we can keep it going at Orient.
  • Options
    @southamptonaddick Yes, short, 40's with blonde hair.

She does say some very odd things.

Fair play to her though travelling all over the place like she obviously does.