Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil v Charlton Post Match Views & News (comments in blue from those there)

Comments

• Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Thanks RM for your excellent commentary. Ihave to say though, i did nearly let out a bit of wee in the final few minutes, which i would most definately have held you personally responsible for. lol. Merry Christmas to all of Charltonlife.
    Sex wee?
    Certainly not. My missus was watching me from the kitchen! If she'd been out of view, then that could have been very different, lol. I've heard of 'London Pride'. I reckon they should have a new pint 'Charlton Pride'.
  • Options
    For a few minutes today I believed in The Blip. Your heart has to go out to poor old Wednesday, lol.
    How long before the top thread on here is about what the Wendies are saying?  ;-)
    5.12 is see.  Well done StevieG.
  • Options
    Well, it's going to be a long journey back for Prague Addick and all the
    other hardy souls that trekked down to Yeovil today, but I suspect they
    won't be minding that _quite_ so much after a last minute winner (and
    Wednesday losing at Walsall - the draw there doesn't look quite so bad
    now, eh?)
  • Options
    that has made my day!! soo happy right now :D
  • Options
    Dodged a bullet there.  Great result with our nearest rivals coming a cropper.  Wonderful, but let's not make it so exciting in future.
  • Options
    I thought BWP looked disinterested today......ok not really get in! blip over and come on Saturday night cant wait for the Orient, Boxing day buffet next with a warm contended glow inside and a six point swing in a minute, what a day to be an addick...
  • Options

I had the misfortune of reading the match thread and some of the wanky comments on there from, what I presume are, grown men are nothing short of embarrassing.

yep , i was reading them and can understand the nerves and i'm as pessimistic as anyone but the consistant chod pumped out by some of these fruits is ridiculous , give SCP a chance we haven't even gelled yet and it's a two year plan ;-)

• Options
    Still hyperventilating for christs sake. I was getting ready to have a nice good moan about our dip in form but I'm just ecstatic now. Well done the boys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dodged a bullet there.  Great result with our nearest rivals coming a cropper.  Wonderful, but let's not make it so exciting in future.
    Why not? It's a great way to win. Just go with it mate.
  • Options

Delighted

Well done CP & the team

Thanks RM

• Options

I had the misfortune of reading the match thread and some of the wanky comments on there from, what I presume are, grown men are nothing short of embarrassing.

yep , i was reading them and can understand the nerves and i'm as pessimistic as anyone but the consistant chod pumped out by some of these fruits is ridiculous , give SCP a chance we haven't even gelled yet and it's a two year plan ;-)

Exactly!

(PS. Decent away support today, eh?)
  • Options
    Massive result purely because Wednesday lost. Will be a huge confidence boost for the boys and will have a very demoralising effect on our rivals. Need Jacko back and the other injured players to come back and push for places. Still want a striker in jan.
  • Options

i thought it was finished and i heard the betfair DONG (its a noise when a game you're following has a goal) and thought who's still playing this late .... i'd assumed (wrong for once) the game was over

• Options

(PS. Decent away support today, eh?)

hmmmmm did we have many over 1000 .... sheff wed had 3,723 for their local derby at walsall ... will we bring that to orient ;-)

still luckily it's the team not away numbers that are important !

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Evening all from the Valley Express:-)
    Blimey, is it always that exciting?
    The better side throughout, their first was a defensive switch off after we had dominated. They briefly imposed themselves after the break, but after Yann's superb leveller, we put them under sustained pressure, with Morrison deciding to be a third striker for minutes on end. Danny Green fooled everybody who expected a cross. Just fantastic to be standing behind the goal as that one went in. MOM? that's a tough one. Danny Green for a succession of wicked crosses and corners any of which could have brought a goal. Solly and Wiggins class throughout. Yann's for his goal. Hollands tireless. But I'll give it to Danny because he'd been booked and their crowd were getting at him. Could have been subbed but stayed on and made our day.

Fantastic.

Now can we get out of this dump and home to the bottle of shampoo I presumptuously left in the fridge? :-)
  • Options
    Brilliant result for us and also the Wednesday result. As Jeff Stelling said...." That`s what champions are made of". Now we can push on into the new year and leave the rest behind!

• Options

Great comeback win today. That makes it nine points clear of third place, and a very healthy goal difference. Blip, what blip?

• Options
    Phew! Safe from relegation now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was already doing a powell type celebration with a fist waving when i turned round to look at Charlton life to see green had scored. Yeovil are always a tough place to play. I am sure Brighton, Norwich and others have struggled there including Leeds. I always felt a point is a good point away from home there. So to get 3 points in the manner we did. As Jeff Stelling said "That's what Champions are made off". (ok he did say when we went 2-1 down "it looks like Charlton were going to lose after winning 8 out of the last 10 games. I justt think we need that "special" striker to score when others have already tried and not succeded. Sham we haven't got the money to buy Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just in car on way home from game!in my opinion,at times we played some absolutely fantastic football!first half was tricky but we did what we needed to do!second half we completely dominated.Kermogants free kick was unbelievable,he practiced it before the game and put it in exactly the same spot!

Danny Green,however, was my man of the match,he does frustrate at times but his corner taking today in particular was straight out the top draw!and his finish at the end as already mentioned was quite exquisite although it did take seemingly forever to hit the back of the net!

Cue Hamer to run the whole length of the pitch to celebrate Danny's first goal for the club in front of a large away following!

Loving the thought of 5000 or so wendies fans with 5 minutes to go thinking they were catching us right up and then we go and swing it right back round with help from good old walsall!

Merry Xmas boys and girls!COYR
  • Options

According to the Sky Sports banner we are 12 points clear. Up by January!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    On the way back wither Ketters, WSS and even Dicko made an appearance.

We had then under the cosh for the last 35 and could have had 3 or 4, I'm still convinced Morrisons was over the line. Saying that Hamer made a couple of outstanding saves.

Felt that the 2 we let in we're soft goals to conceed. Bad defending for both and thought Hamer should have claimed the 1st.

Great FK from Kerm-dog and I called Greenw goal on the way here. Sadly I had him for first instead of last goal.

Impossible to create any kind of atmosphere in that stand and all the player (including BWP) came over at the end.

Looking forward to Orient and Brentford.

Does 8 points clear make us maaaaaaaasive yet?

• Options
    Brilliant result. Made even sweeter by the Weds result.

BTW - my hands up comment on the match thread was made with my tongue firmly placed in my cheek.
  • Options
    Thanks RM for the updates will be watching the next game on tv let's hope we do as well
  • Options
    Goodness me.

Thought today would go nipples north (and was concerned after the Oldham performance) until nearly 5pm, but then there was a wonderful dose of christmas magic that turned a possible 2 point lead at the top into eight (thanks Warsaw)......sheer bliss.

Really pleased for SCP and the boys (especially Danny Green), but really made up for the hardy souls that trekked all the way down to distant Wessex.

The feeling on the team coach and the Valley Express coming back must be fantastic.....happy days!

P.S Thanks for the report Prague...glad things turned out so nicely....looking forward to reading more match reports as I now have a warm christmassy glow inside!
  • Options
    I want to do explicit things to Danny Green
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the goals, moments like the last 5 minutes today are why I love football!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely squeaky bum time in stoppage time. Especially straight after Green had scored. From Elation to near deflation in 4 minutes! Always had the faith that we would get something from this game though. Our performance levels have proved that over the season so far.