Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Honeymoon Period over Pards

Right let's get a few things straight over the past year I have read all about the shite Dowie bought,much of which is fully justified.But I have just watched another gutless away performance I hasten to add luckily I didn't go.Pards has also bought shite and I mean real shite,McCarthy has come on for half an hour and been turned inside out by a geezer fatter than I have ever marked on a Sunday morning.Majid (I wont call him magic because he has done sweet F.A. to warrant that name) is shit he is weak and slow and I don't want someone comfortable on the ball as centre half in this league,I want Richard Rufus hard and fast no effing frills.Semedo should half gone to right back today with Z Z in midfield,I'm struggling to see all the pre-season hype with him,I could look good against Aldershot and Tooting and bloody Mitcham.Finally please don't tell me we paid a million for McCleod and for all those slagging off Big Chris at least he cares and puts himself about.

Comments

• Options
    lol -

lets get one thing straight Stoke are a physical team and put themselves about and many teams come unstuck against them at their stadium

It's 2 games into the damned season and you are writing off a young player in McLeod. Semedo only played 10 minutes against T&M anyway and their was no "hype" after that.

I do agree about the centre halves though they don't look good players at all and will need to buck their ideas up big time. McCarthy looks awful IMHO - in the 30 minutes he played he was shocking and agree we should have brought ZZ on and moved semedo or ambrose to right back.
  • Options
    It's not all bad we're not watching mid table premiership football and we've got rid of Curbs.

That's what a lot of people wanted!
  • Options
    we've got our charlton back.
  • Options
    or a shyte and cheap appointment of Dowie. which has in turn cost the company hence the for sale sign is up.
  • Options
    It's no good saying Stoke are physical and will turn a lot of teams over we should have been prepared.
  • Options
    80% of teams are physica in this league...............must make relegation candidates then.........we need to stop being pre maddonas and become hard nasty bastards as of now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]It's no good saying Stoke are physical and will turn a lot of teams over we should have been prepared.

yeah i never said we shouldn't have been . Pards was quoted as sayinh he will find out about his team today and I am sure he has. Sunderland and, I THINK, Birmingham both lost to this mob last season and they went up.

I think you , and others, are making too much of this defeat.
  • Options
    sorry i be happy and take the positives out of it.Only trouble is there weren't friggin any.
  • Options
    kit looked nice.............
  • Options
    Some of you please get a fucking grip?

We lost at Stoke, the three promoted teams last season picked up the sum total of, 1 point at that ground. It's a sodding arsehole of a place to get anything from.

We're going to lose games, we lost em in the Championship season last time. It happens, so why the overreaction?

Get out of your Premiership prams!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im not worried,its a long haul,but there are problems.
  • Options
    So 2 crap performances and alls ok.We have lost away from home again,yes again thats 1 win in 33 league away games acceptable Rothko?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Some of you please get a fucking grip?

We lost at Stoke, the three promoted teams last season picked up the sum total of, 1 point at that ground. It's a sodding arsehole of a place to get anything from.

We're going to lose games, we lost em in the Championship season last time. It happens, so why the overreaction?

Get out of your Premiership prams!
    Rothko, it wasn't that we lost, it was that we were outplayed & outmuscled from the start. The team is just far too lightweight to compete in this division. We can play all the pretty football we want but unless we can win the physical battles then we have no chance at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]sorry i be happy and take the positives out of it.Only trouble is there weren't friggin any.

This is ridiculous. We played the ball around really nicely at times. The signs are there for something better. If we'd have played the same and won, the whole lot of you moaning on here would be whistling a different tune.

I'm not happy with the result but give them a chance. How many other teams have changed 12 of their players. Most others like Stoke, have a settled squad who know each other. That helps a lot and yet they still look pretty shit themselves.

I think that if this match is any real indication of the league, we could be running rings round some of these teams in a few weeks. Just let them get themselves together...and get a decent CB!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It's not all bad we're not watching mid table premiership football and we've got rid of Curbs.

That's what a lot of people wanted!

Well said Len. However you forget to mention that we are also rid of that clogger plodder Kish.
    I'm happy.
    Seriously I am. You can shove the Prem and as for AC, never liked him. He did a good job without a doubt,for about 10 years I'd say but got stale and complacent. His heart was never at CAFC as is now obvious, so PLEASE stop going on about him. The Prem is not the be all and all for most true fans I'd say.
  • Options
    I wanted that Len and I'm sticking with it. I'm not letting one bad result change my mind on something that was so obvious for years. Watching Curbs' final years was like death warmed up. This team is new - Curbs didn't have any excuses for the complete crap he served up at the end.
  • Options
    Just want to add that I have more faith in Pards now than I had in Curbs in his final 2/3 seasons. That will still be the case if we're 16th after 10 games. I didn't expect us to go up this season anyway. For me next season is the teller.
  • Options
    I am with you JM.
  • Options
    And if you really want to watch mid table Premiership football try MOTD on BBC1 on a Saturday night, it's full of it.
  • Options
    Make you right JM, there were signs there today that this team can play once they get their act together, become comfortable going forward and solid at the back. Obviously, there were some weak points in the team and some that aren't playing their part. But there are signs that we can tweak and move on and up the league. One thing, this league ain't won in the first week. This ain't the prem. This will go to the wire and there will be many teams in with a shout throughout the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where were Sunderland this time last year?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    "He did a good job without a doubt,for about 10 years I'd say but got stale and complacent. His heart was never at CAFC as is now obvious, so PLEASE stop going on about him. The Prem is not the be all and all for most true fans I'd say"

"I'm not letting one bad result change my mind on something that was so obvious for years. Watching Curbs' final years was like death warmed up. Curbs didn't have any excuses for the complete crap he served up at the end"

Agree one hundred percent lads.
  • Options
    And people said Spurs fans were fickle...
  • Options
    We were not out played far from it.
  • Options
    Let's have some perspective, this is a new side that will take time to gel. Two games in is no time to be judging whether we'll have a poor season or not.

Give it a bit more time.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Let's have some perspective, this is a new side that will take time to gel. Two games in is no time to be judging whether we'll have a poor season or not.

Give it a bit more time.[/quote]

I think you are right ,i have just finished watching the game and felt there is more to be positive about then what has been mentioned on here,
    sure we did not get the win ,but stoke only lost 3 of thier home games last year and it looks like they may loose around the same again this year,
    our performence was disiplined most of the time,the players seemed to have great touches and vison at times ,and as they gel (which they don't look far from) they will be able to sustain thier possesion longer and get what we all want ,the 3 points
    lets not start getting on pards back not yet at least
    get behind him thats when the team will perform better, with the fans full support,
  • Options
    How long do you want then Black Forest Reds.............what are pre seasons for............
  • Options
    This side will take 10/12 games before they gel properly.

Thats why I didnt buy into the 'we're gonna piss the league' opinion.

But lets face it, its only the centre of defence that are costing us at the moment. Buy a new one, stick him alongside Fortune, give the two clowns that finished the game yesterday a little spell of playing at Ebbsfleet, and we'll be fine.

Still think this side will create and score a lot of goals, just need to sort the back 5 out.

Err, Sunderland we're in the bottom 4 this time last season...

Thought I would get that in before anyone else :)
  • Options
    Maybe our pre-season was a little too easy apart from Braga who the fcuk did we play.When I look at things as well our forwards are very inexperienced at this level apart from big bent and toddy.Toddy may come good but I have afeeling he could be on the decline Mcleod has only really played in 2 lower leagues with Varney (i reserve judgement until ive seen him) in the league below,maybe we need proven strikers in this division.
  • Options
    Like Eastwood :(

Seriously though fella, give them a bit of time, we're only two games in.