Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 28th September 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

13»

Comments

• For me I think Godden and Mitchell will both start. I’d like it to be Godden and anyone else up from other than Ahadme. Piergianni will just gobble everything up that goes in the direction of Ahadme and we won’t see any joy until Aneke is on the pitch if we go in that way of playing.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Edwards start either to be fair but would feel for Small as I think he should have stayed on last week, Gillesphey is not a left back and it would’ve helped us in the second half had we had Small instead.

Tough game, kinda got 0-0 written all over it but I just hope we see Leaburn and would be a nice surprise to see Dixon involved in the squad too.

Going for the win though, 2-0. 
  • Dizzle said:
    How many duels will Ahadme win vs Piergianni do we think? 
    This is a good question.
    Two features of Ahademe’s game are he never gives up and has a prodigious leap.
  • seth plum said:
    Dizzle said:
    How many duels will Ahadme win vs Piergianni do we think? 
    This is a good question.
    Two features of Ahademe’s game are he never gives up and has a prodigious leap.
    I was not being sarcastic, it was a genuine question. 
    Piergianni has experience and that lower league grit and a bit of nous. 
    Ahadme has athleticism and a never give up attitude. 
    It will be an intriguing battle. 
  • two best defences and two of the lowest scoring attacks in the division…..

2-3 ding dong of a win for us 
  • Really think Taylor should get a bench place.
  • Dark arts, lol.

Why use alternative terms for time-wasting?
  • Delayed train frustration at Farringdon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dark arts, lol.

Its not just time wasting though, I see the dark arts as part of the ability to con the referee into free kicks etc.
  • Dark arts, lol.

Its not just time wasting though, I see the dark arts as part of the ability to con the referee into free kicks etc.
    Stepping on toes at corners, "helping" people up by yanking their underarm hair to get a reaction, etc, etc
  • If anyone trying to get a drink at the Old Post Office and struggling try the Chequers 10 minutes down road. Good beer and good service and empty 
  • edited September 28
    Scoham said:

Dilemma. Don't know which circus to watch 
    To be fair, with Charlton you do get eleven clowns at once...
  • Think we'll draw this one 
  • Mendez also says he hasn’t seen Leaburn (boo)
  • edited September 28
    fenaddick said:
    Mendez also says he hasn’t seen Leaburn (boo)
    From Jones' press conference it sounded like he'll have to play a few more U21 games yet 
  • Crazy that he'd rather play TC as a midfielder ahead of Taylor
  • edited September 28
    Gillesphey, A Campbell and Docherty benched
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Crazy that he'd rather play TC as a midfielder ahead of Taylor
    Is it? They offer completely different things.
  • sam3110 said:
    Crazy that he'd rather play TC as a midfielder ahead of Taylor
    TC as a 10. Taylor would play in the Anderson role 
  • edited September 28
    Small, REG and Ahadme left out, although Ahadme nose Injury
  • Disappointed not to see miles on the bench. 
  • TC best on the wing last game, Jones immediately sticks him in the middle. Hmm...
  • There is an Asda near the ground that you used to need to get a ticket for but they got rid of the machines. I am not 100% but I think you are reasonably safe parking in that car park. Don't sue me if I'm wrong but you should have 3 hours.
  • Disappointed not to see miles on the bench. 
    Rather a few more u21 games and play it safe and have him back for good no point rushing it at this stage
  • No Ahadme is the positive