Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Reading vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 31st August 2024 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Looking at the form guide shows how simple stats can misinform. Over the 3 games so far they have had far more shots and possession. 
  • Difficult game, bookies have Reading favorites. 1-1
    I'm putting a fiver on that then.
  • Reading 1 - Charlton 0
  • Reading 0 Charlton 2 (TC & Chuks)
  • It feels the continuation of our tight defence will be an important factor. 
  • Feeling quietly optimistic about this. But we’ll concede our first goal 2-1 Charlton
  • 0-3. Early goal for us,
    followed by two very late goals for us. Aneke to finally get off the mark for the season.
  • 3-0 Charlton. Ahadme hat-trick.
  • Way to much positivity, has to double check I was on the right site 0-2 COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• gmantaxi said:
    Way to much positivity, has to double check I was on the right site 0-2 COYR 
    Definitely. Where are the Miserabilists, Doom Merchants and Gloomsters to remind us of 'reality' .......? :)

• Oggy Red said:
    stonemuse said:
    1-2  Docherty 
    DOUCHER said:
    1-3 Adhame!!!!!!
    YESSSSSS! How long left? :)

👏👏👏
  • Never seen such a confident predictions list and why not. But this is the new mean defence Charlton so something might well give. 3-3 draw, crazy game.
  • too optimistic, don't like it
    1-1 if we are lucky
  • too optimistic, don't like it
    1-1 if we are lucky
    That's more like it, Lancs! :)
  • If we lost to Reading, it would undo the positivity of the last three matches. Fingers crossed.
  • DFTT
  • edited August 30
    My Reading mate around the time of the Wrexham game:
    ’…we ain’t winning at Wrexham unless the ref is on our side. Sold our star player to pay the wages again’. 
    ‘We’ll be fielding 14 academy players in the squad’. 
    ‘Been undone by crosses and a young defence. CH as LWB, CMid as RWB no depth on the bench. Still no sale although the poss new owner was talking to the fans last week. Feels like the …. clown is changing his mind daily. We believe the efl have ratified the sale but the clown is messing it up’. 
    He’s certainly getting his excuses in  :)
    1-2
  • 0-3. Early goal for us,
    followed by two very late goals for us. Aneke to finally get off the mark for the season.
    Aneke hasn’t played many minutes yet. Bit early to be calling a goal drought. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancy a win. I think we will have too much for them, we might concede but score more than them.
  • Seeing as I've not predicted a win so far this season I'm going with my usual negativity.....

2-1 and we are Royally fucked 😉 
  • 2:1 Charlton, too early in the season for names.
    COYR
  • Comfortable away win 0-4
  • edited August 31
    Comfortable away win 0-4

That reminded me?
    What happened to 'happy valley'?
  • I think a win for us, but no score prediction

Out of interest, how many are we taking to this (I’m going, but forgot to look at official site to see how many tickets we have sold) ?
  • Charlton should've more confidence after the Bolton win and will need to show more attacking intent and crisper movement in transition than the away game at Wigan to claim 3 points this time.
    I like the fact that we are stronger up front at the business end and we will keep using 4 strikers over the duration of the match.

Only past experience is saying 1-1 as it feels so long since we had any momentum and belief.

My heart believes we can win 3-1, it's only the head which is full of past failures that isn't convinced yet.
  • Big game today ! We need to keep the momentum going with another 3 points. Absolutely no reason why it shouldn’t happen except for the fact that this is Charlton !!! Hopefully NJ has forged a squad of steel that don’t allow slip up at games we should win. I think he has and another 2-0 win is on the cards
  • edited August 31
    Reading aren’t going to roll over that easily. Home win v Wigan and away draw at Birmingham following that poor result a Wrexham on the opening day. Sitting mid table and have home advantage. We’ll take confidence and resilience into the game so I think a prediction is difficult. We’ll concede a goal at some point in an game and I think should we go a goal down it’ll be interesting to see if we have enough going forward to turn it around. I think Jones starts the game with a point and won’t want to lose it. 0 - 0 or 1 - 0 to Reading.