Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 10th August 2024 - 5:30pm KO

Comments

• Are there any free streams (dodgy) for folk without Sky ?
  • Are there any free streams (dodgy) for folk without Sky ?
    Buy a Charlton TV stream (with a VPN)
  • Wigan had their day in the Sun with golden girl Keely.  Now the reality check and a crushing 0-1 defeat. 
  • Clean sheet please 
  • DOES SKY + work on SKY GO ?? Or am I going to have to pay for Charlton TV to watch the Wigan game?
    Download the Sky Sports App. Sign into your Sky account and Bob’s ya uncle. There is a short video on how to Watch. You can create a shortcut for Charlton. I watched last night’s Barnsley match via this method. 
  • The fact that it is impossible to know how this is going to go adds a bit to the game. I am veering towards pessimism this morning but that goes with the territory being a Charlton fan. 2 nil Wigan with hardly any chances for us. But could be 5 nil us, I don't know. COYRs.
  • edited August 10
    My 59th year of watching Charlton and I’m feeling optimistic for top 6 finish, at least. Tonight’s game .. 2-0 Charlton 
  • Here we go! Happy Football New Year! 
    Let’s make it a good one!
    On my way to Wigan feeling confident! 
    0-2 but above all a great team performance! 
    And for the first time this season 
    CMON YOU REDS!!!
  • 0-3 Adahme, Godden and Edwards
  • What minute does Alfie May score in for Birmingham today?
  • Sponsored links:

• The 1st preview of the season is something I always look forward to! Thanks @ForeverAddickted . Wigan lack firepower, so I predict a  0-2 result. A win would be a brilliant start. 

• Something for everyone, 2-1 to us so we’re all happy with the result but a few concerning performances so those feeling pessimistic can stick by their mid table predictions for now.
    Boooooo!
  • Wigan had their day in the Sun with golden girl Keely.  Now the reality check and a crushing 0-1 defeat. 
    Keely's probably quicker than any of our players.

I think the match could be a draw if we are lucky.
  • Thanks @ForeverAddickted good first preview!

Can’t see Godden in the squad so Kanu comes in. Interesting if Small or Edwards starts and if it’s Anderson or Berry.

Feeling good about this, a clean sheet too.

Wigan 0-3 Charlton
    TC
    Ahadme
    Docherty
  • Haha I knew I would find this sky thing difficult 😂 ok I have just looked at sky for this afternoon and I can see wrexhams game and a couple of others but not ours ? Is it not on normal sky ? If not how do I find it ? 
  • AndyG said:
    Haha I knew I would find this sky thing difficult 😂 ok I have just looked at sky for this afternoon and I can see wrexhams game and a couple of others but not ours ? Is it not on normal sky ? If not how do I find it ? 
    Sky sports +
    Channel 508 on virgin.
    Don't know what Channel number on Sky.
    But you need the new remote and box to access it. 
  • AndyG said:
    Haha I knew I would find this sky thing difficult 😂 ok I have just looked at sky for this afternoon and I can see wrexhams game and a couple of others but not ours ? Is it not on normal sky ? If not how do I find it ? 
    Sky sports +
    Channel 508 on virgin.
    Don't know what Channel number on Sky.
    But you need the new remote and box to access it. 
    Cheers mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve really enjoyed not thinking about football for a while. 
    Woke up this morning with a familiar knot in my stomach. The ache for us to do well has returned. 
    So has the blind start of season optimism. 

The addicks by the odd goal  
    TC shanks his shot, it bounces off Chuck’s arse and through the ‘keeper’s legs?
    No that’s Tuesday evening.🫢
  • Sky Sports plus is channel 412 then you need to press the red button for other matches.
  • edited August 10
    I hate Saturdays and any other day that Charlton are playing, for that matter! The angst, anxiety and anticipation of a favourable result, only to be kicked in the bollox at the final whistle. I canny not take much more of this captain!

Yes, there’s cause for optimism but I think I would’ve probably said that for the last 3 or more seasons. 

Obviously early matches are not necessarily an indication of overall season but wouldn’t it be great for an opening win and solid performance, says he reaching for his cricket box!
  • What time does the team sheet get released?
  • ozaddick said:
    What time does the team sheet get released?
    4.30 I think
  • edited August 10
    Optimistic.  Playing like a team not a collection of individuals.  Predict 1-2 but would be happy with a Desmond.
  • I hate Saturdays and any other day that Charlton are playing, for that matter! The angst, anxiety and anticipation of a favourable result, only to be kicked in the bollox at the final whistle. I canny not take much more of this captain!

Yes, there’s cause for optimism but I think I would’ve probable said for the last 3 or more seasons. 

Obviously early matches are not necessarily an indication of overall season but wouldn’t it be great for an opening win and solid performance, says he reaching for his cricket box!

At 5.30 when we kick off we are joint top for the optimists.
    At 5.30 when we kick off we are are Joint bottom for the rest !
  • edited August 10
    I hate Saturdays and any other day that Charlton are playing, for that matter! The angst, anxiety and anticipation of a favourable result, only to be kicked in the bollox at the final whistle. I canny not take much more of this captain!

Yes, there’s cause for optimism but I think I would’ve probable said for the last 3 or more seasons. 

At 5.30 when we kick off we are joint top for the optimists.
    At 5.30 when we kick off we are are Joint bottom for the rest !
    Mansfield are top @ 5:30pm - Unless we score in the first 60secs... then you really would have to be optimistic for that ;)