Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 10th August 2024 - 5:30pm KO

Comments

• I'm going for a hard fought but dull affair. Points shared 

1-1.
  • Had a good preseason and Nathan Jones has been sprinkling his magic all summer!

Wigan 0-3 Charlton
  • It's been a long time since we had a clean sheet win at the Valley. Reading?

I think that wait is going to continue, 1-1.
  • 0-2. Wigan don’t get a sniff.

E I E I O - up the football league we go…
  • I think Wigan will have a decent season and finish in the top ten.
    But they seem to have few injuries at the moment so now is a good time to play them.
    Head says a draw.
    Heart says a win.

2  1 Charlton 
  • I think our better organisation and confident squad might bring us a tight win 0-1, first clean sheet win 
  • Sponsored links:

• In the predicted line up we have 12 of the squad signed since January so it’s a new team and hard to tell how we’ll do, one thing for sure is we’ve never had this many options before with a strong bench and some decent players missing out from the squad being so big. 
    A draw wouldn’t be a bad result but in going with a 2-1 win . TC and Gas.
  • 1-0 win. Campbell
  • DOES SKY + work on SKY GO ?? Or am I going to have to pay for Charlton TV to watch the Wigan game?
  • edited August 10
    DOES SKY + work on SKY GO ?? Or am I going to have to pay for Charlton TV to watch the Wigan game?
    Dont think it does, I couldnt see any of the games listed last night on there

Looks like you can watch it via the Sky Sports app though, if you have a tablet or even on your mobile - I've not tried it yet myself, so I could be wrong.

Yet if it does, you could always look into connecting your device to the TV / Computer via a HDMI output so you dont have to always watch on a smaller screen.
  • DOES SKY + work on SKY GO ?? Or am I going to have to pay for Charlton TV to watch the Wigan game?
    Dont think it does, I couldnt see any of the games listed last night on there

Looks like you can watch it via the Sky Sports app though, if you have a tablet or even on your mobile - I've not tried it yet myself, so I could be wrong.

Yet if it does, you could always look into connecting your device to the TV / Computer via a HDMI output so you dont have to always watch on a smaller screen.
    Good advice. Laptop connected to TV via hdmi is my plan for the afternoon.
  • The REAL football has finally arrived for us all! What happens this afternoon will as usual shape my mood for the rest of the weekend (and many of you too).

I had hoped to be going today (flew in yesterday), but no Sheffield local boys going, so I will watch at home (hopefully not behind my hands) and hope.

I still get game nerves after all these years. The stress resulting from hope and misplaced expectation can still get the better of me and I can literally have the shakes. An early goal followed by another before half time, settle them down, and the enjoyment can preceed joy at the final whistle, but how often is that the script?

I would absolutely love a carefree dance along the pier, for those going, but fear we aren't quite ready for the northern soul. 

Goals are my concern as are the midfield, defence and keeper. If my house was dependant, the pessimist in me is nibbling away at my neck, thus I am going for no clean sheet and not enough fire power.

2-1 Wigan.

• Win = we’re in with a chance of autos 
    draw= good point away from home and win all your home games is promotion form ©️ Seth 
    lose = they’re just as wank as last season, any chance we can get a goalkeeper a level or two above utter shit 

whatever result=*Wigan* is a tough place to go to not many teams will win there and they’ll be up there 

I can’t see us losing 1-1 or 1-2 rewards for the travelling contingent 

*insert any team we play for the first half of the season* 
  • Sponsored links:

• We now have a good squad and I just pray that Jones knows what is his best starting Xl.
    Not sure what to make of Wigan, as with most clubs a big player turnover during the 'window', brought in youngsters from the big local clubs, however I am not sure they are that strong
    We will find out this evening how good/strong they are

Charlton win
  • 3-0 Charlton, and the start of something good 
  • Optimistic.
  • Gold - Charlton
    Silver - Wigan
    Bronze - 🇬🇧 Men’s omnium
  • PopIcon said:
    It's been a long time since we had a clean sheet win at the Valley. Reading?

I think that wait is going to continue, 1-1.
    I’m very confident no goals will be scored at The Valley.

1-2 Charlton. 
    Ha. I should know better!
  • This has the look of a draw to me, 1-1.
  • Win = we’re in with a chance of autos 
    draw= good point away from home and win all your home games is promotion form ©️ Seth 
    lose = they’re just as wank as last season, any chance we can get a goalkeeper a level or two above utter shit 

whatever result=*Wigan* is a tough place to go to not many teams will win there and they’ll be up there 

I can’t see us losing 1-1 or 1-2 rewards for the travelling contingent 

*insert any team we play for the first half of the season* 
    This
  • edited August 10
    HMS Piss The League begins with a reality check, 2-1 Wigan
  • It will be interesting to see NJs preferred lineup.  Edwards or Small, Berry or Karoy, which of TC/Godden/Kanu
    I suspect that given the importance of the wing backs to NJ, we will see rotation of Edwards, Small, Ramsey and Watson to maintain high energy down both wings.
    Edwards and Ramsey to start, Watson and Small on the bench and come on at 70 minutes.
    Watched the matches last night on Sky Sports App on my mobile as it doesn’t work on Sky Go.