Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Academy squad update

Comments

• I was annoyed to see Beook Myers had left - I thought he looked excellent.  He’s joined Southampton it appears and scored 3 in 3 for them at the tail end of the season.  I think that one might come back to bite us in the arse
  • Swisdom said:
    I was annoyed to see Beook Myers had left - I thought he looked excellent.  He’s joined Southampton it appears and scored 3 in 3 for them at the tail end of the season.  I think that one might come back to bite us in the arse
    Any idea why we let him go if he’s good enough for Southampton?
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    I was annoyed to see Beook Myers had left - I thought he looked excellent.  He’s joined Southampton it appears and scored 3 in 3 for them at the tail end of the season.  I think that one might come back to bite us in the arse
    Any idea why we let him go if he’s good enough for Southampton?
    No idea but I heard he was a bit of a problem child so maybe releasing him triggered something inside him and he’s knuckled down.  I’ll keep an eye on him because he definitely had talent
  • edited June 21
    clive said:
    Well done, lads.

Pleased to read the mention of Seydil's Pierre Bolangi award which is presented each year at the  POTY dinner. 

Pierre's family & friends welcome this annual  presentation made in this young player's name.

Lest we forget.
    Still keep a picture of him.  Such a sad loss! To think he would be retiring about now,  but for this unnecessary tragedy 
  • Harmony Okwumo has signed for Norwich.
  • mart77 said:
    Harmony Okwumo has signed for Norwich.
    This was expected.
  • Brentford have been awarded category 2 status for next season. U18s only as they don't run any other age groups at this time (just a 'B' team).
  • Sponsored links:

• Congrats Alan. Wishing you every success.
  • Jesse Costa, Canuk winger, training with U21s according to Cawley
  • Was Costa or any other trialists playing does anyone know? Great to see all 3 of the scorers pick up from where they left off in previous seasons.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Charlton under 21s beat Millwall 3-0 in a 60 minute game at Sparrows Lane today. Scorers were Casey, Huke and M'Bick.

No change then.

In previous years they would have been on the first team overseas tour to make up the numbers...
    Positives and negatives to that, Leaburn wouldn’t have had his breakthrough if he hadn’t impressed in pre season for example 
  • Interesting that we have a connection to Rochdale.

That might explain Aaron Henry going the other way.

And his younger brother is in the U9s.
    Did his family move down here? That would explain his younger brother also joining us.

Sounds like a very modern keeper, being excellent with his feet, but relatively inexperienced at actually being a goalkeeper!
  • Do we know if Rochdale were going to release him or did they offer him a pro deal?
  • Sponsored links:

Did his family move down here? That would explain his younger brother also joining us.

Sounds like a very modern keeper, being excellent with his feet, but relatively inexperienced at actually being a goalkeeper!
    His family are from Kent as they are Gills fans.
  • Lennon's  family live in Gillingham and are  Gillingham supporters.
    Rochdale lost Academy funding a year after being  relegated from League 2,
  • clive said:
    Very talented young keeper… look forward to seeing his progress

Just shows you that parents picking wrong teams ruin it for children, ask mine 😂

Thanks. How did he end up with Rochdale in the first place?
  • Rochdale's keeper coach used to coach in this area.
  • I think Sol-Loza has already appeared for the u18s? Anyone know who else we might want to look out for?
  • Phoenix Valentine (great name) also featured in the under 18s last season