Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Academy squad update

Comments

• Options
    Particiapting?
  • Options
    Championship new boys Derby County have handed a trial to talented Nigerian goalkeeper Prince Adegoke with a view to a transfer. 

The 2019 Nigeria U17 invitee is on the lookout for a new employer following his release by Charlton Athletic.

Adegoke is one of five Nigerian youngsters released by the Addicks, alongside Jason Adigun, Tolu Ladapo, Chibike Okechukwu, and Harmony Okwumo.
  • Options
    U18s centre-back Mason Hunter has signed his first professional deal with the club.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/mason-hunter-signs-first-professional-contract
  • Options
    Was he the last 2nd year to sign pro or be released? Or are we waiting to hear about any more?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Was he the last 2nd year to sign pro or be released? Or are we waiting to hear about any more?
    Yes, he was the last. 6 signed, 6 released.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Mason Hunter. 
  • Options

This is all well and good, but it misses out the single biggest factor in building confidence, that is the chanting of helpful little ditties like 'You're fucking shit' and 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'.  
  • Options
    Stig said:

This is all well and good, but it misses out the single biggest factor in building confidence, that is the chanting of helpful little ditties like 'You're fucking shit' and 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'.  
    That's on the next page
  • Options
    Second years

Signed

Casey
    Rylah
    Enslin
    Laqeretabua
    Gough
    Hunter

Released/Not Signed
    James Batt
    Mikey Berry
    David Danso
    Brook Myers
    Harmony Okwumo (linked to Norwich)
    Jadon Yamoah

First Years

Signed
    M'Bick
    Fullah

Don't know
    Sadler
    Brown
    Cann
    Ogunnowo
    Mwamba
    Safa
    Wales
  • Options
    i am 
    i'm all for a document like this - it's professional.  But I find it REALLYdisappointing that just from a glance I can see two typo's on this page alone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone able to shed any light on MacLorg? Was he released by Rochdale? Have we signed him? How did he manage to play before the season ended? On what basis?
  • Options
    Anyone able to shed any light on MacLorg? Was he released by Rochdale? Have we signed him? How did he manage to play before the season ended? On what basis?
    He was listed as a trialist on the team sheet for the game at Birmingham last Saturday.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    i am 
    i'm all for a document like this - it's professional.  But I find it REALLYdisappointing that just from a glance I can see two typo's on this page alone 
    More worrying that I found 4....
  • Options
    He has left Rochdale (source: his Dad's twitter account). Charlton's academy goalkeeper.coach responded with "look forward to working with you soon" on 4th May.
  • Options
    He has left Rochdale (source: his Dad's twitter account). Charlton's academy goalkeeper.coach responded with "look forward to working with you soon" on 4th May.
    I was told by one of the parents that he will be the under 21s keeper next season.
  • Options
    https://inews.co.uk/topic/england-football

Not true to say that Valley Gold funds the museum although they did make a generous one off donation in the early days.

Otherwise, very good article.
  • Options
    https://inews.co.uk/topic/england-football

Not true to say that Valley Gold funds the museum although they did make a generous one off donation in the early days.

Otherwise, very good article.
    Heres the direct link. https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-athletic-talent-factory-england-euro-2024-3087527

Recommend reading on an actual computer rather than your phone to avoid the amazing amount of ads
  • Options
    edited June 11
    Good move for him. Exactly where he needs to be right now. Play regularly, get stronger, more physical, more experience to go with the decent technical ability he has and it wouldn't surprise me to see him back in the football league in 2 or 3 seasons time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those that watch the academy, are you expecting any of the lesser known kids (IE not Kanu/Anderson) to have break out seasons this year?  I guess by age the next off the block would be the below but are any old/strong enough yet to make an impact do you think?

Toure
    Bower
    Hobden
    Huke
    Kedwell 
    M'bick
    Casey
    Laqeretabua

• Options
    Lageretabua is very highly rated but plagued with what seem to be long term injuries. Would possibly have played more games for the first team already if not.

Toure is a big centre back who looks imposing at his level. Not sure if he has enough to step up but a loan might help.

Kedwell went out to Dagenham and did OK but didn't set the world alight it seems.

M'bick is the one to watch I think.
  • Options
    Lageretabua is very highly rated but plagued with what seem to be long term injuries. Would possibly have played more games for the first team already if not.

Toure is a big centre back who looks imposing at his level. Not sure if he has enough to step up but a loan might help.

Kedwell went out to Dagenham and did OK but didn't set the world alight it seems.

M'bick is the one to watch I think.
    I agree about Kedwell. Wasn't impressed by his performances in the end of season games.

Toure attempted playing out from the back in the same games and often got caught out by not passing when he had the chance.
  • Options
    Anyone heard if Toure and Huke have accepted their new contract offers?
  • Options
    @clive has made a good summary.
    Bower has a great football brain, and a really good left foot, especially for set pieces, but his trajectory might end up similar to the very decent Richard Chin.
    I like Kedwell, has something of the Dobson about him, M’bick and Casey are frighteningly promising, but still need more experience and development.
    I imagine some youngsters might be utilised in the pizza cup matches early on.
    I wouldn’t mind a fresher and more determined and reliable approach to how we use U21 games, where teams are not so much bulked out by U18’s but by fringe over age first team players who are not getting so many games…that would possibly give a clue as to who out of those coming through is ready to step up. And we might enjoy more wins too.

• Options
    As others have said M'bick is the one to keep an eye on. Already has size and physicality which will help him. Should only get bigger and better. Personally I don't see any really make an impact on the first team this season, and if any of them get a lot of game time it will probably be more to do with significant injuries in that position.

Also interested to see Ibrahim Fullah from the under 18's, expect him to play a few under 21 games this season, possibly an EFL Trophy appearance or 2 as well. Also the next striker off the production line Emmanuel Sol-Loza who should be getting some playing time in the under 18's this season.
  • Options
    Fullah is a good shout, as is Enslin who had a good second half to last season.
    I must keep reminding myself how young these players are, and how they need more development. M’bick for example really needs to improve on his distribution to add to his other qualities.
  • Options
    Henry Rylah is a very exciting prospect, very pacy, direct & can put over a very good cross, but he also suffered from injury problems last season.