Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad - EURO 2024

Final 26 man squad to be announced on Saturday 8th June.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley)

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace)

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham Hotspur), Cole Palmer (Chelsea),  Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Comments

• Options
    4 palace players. Sigh. 
    There was me so pleased when we had Chris Powell in the England side for a game. 
  • Options
    4 palace players. Sigh. 
    There was me so pleased when we had Chris Powell in the England side for a game. 

Five games!
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Some of the names omitted: Marcus Rashford, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Jadon Sancho, Ben Chilwell, Levi Colwill, Reece James, Ben White, Nick Pope, Kalvin Phillips, Callum Wilson.
  • Options
    The midfield worries me
  • Options
    The midfield worries me

Rice, Gallagher, Jones - plus Jude can play deeper. I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The only weakness is left-back and maybe centre-back a bit, the rest is exceptional
    no maybe about it - Maguire ???
  • Options
    Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice

Foden Bellingham

Saka Kane Gordon

Hand us the keys 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like it’s touch and go whether Shaw will be fit. You’re probably looking at Gomez, Guehi or Branthwaite playing left back.
  • Options
    Some of the names omitted: Marcus Rashford, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Jadon Sancho, Ben Chilwell, Levi Colwill, Reece James, Ben White, Nick Pope, Kalvin Phillips, Callum Wilson.
    Ben White effectively omitted himself. 
  • Options
    The midfield worries me
    Midfield is fine.

Defence is the worry, Shaw isn't fit, Trippier isn't that fit and is a right-back really, left-back looks very iffy.  Hopefully opposition right wingers have off days!

Add in Maguire who's always got a mistake in him.
  • Options
    It's coming home....
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    The midfield worries me

Rice, Gallagher, Jones - plus Jude can play deeper. I'm happy with that.
    Although Southgate says not to read too much into way the players have been grouped, I wouldn't rule out Trent playing CM. Mainoo also has been impressive. 
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Shows how little I have followed of the premiership this season. Some players I've never heard of. Manioo, guehi, quansah, Wharton.
  • Options
    Southgate really doesn't rate Tomori does he? 
  • Options
                          Pickford (because he's the best of a bad bunch

Trippier  Walker  Stones  Shaw

Rice Bellingham (he can play where he wants)

Saka  Foden  Palmer (interchanging)

Kane

that would do for me
  • Options
    Sounds like it’s touch and go whether Shaw will be fit. You’re probably looking at Gomez, Guehi or Branthwaite playing left back.
    Trippier will play left-back if Shaw isn't fit, and to be fair he's probably the best option. 
  • Options

Kane

that would do for me
    I would play Bellingham in the 10, mainoo with rice and Foden wide left with palmer coming off the bench. Also no chance Walker will play CB in a 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who do we think are the 7 that won't make the final 26 then?

Trafford, Quansah, Dunk, Jones, Wharton i think. Then one of Konsa/Gomez and one of Bowen/Eze would be my predictions.
  • Options
    Has Guehi ever played there? Gomez or Trippier will be the ones to cover I think. 
  • Options
    I can honestly hand on heart say I'd never heard of 

Branthwaite
    Quansah
    Wharton

Clearly I don't watch as much football as I used to
  • Options
    where is best place to find players heat maps for the season/ individual matches

• Options
    edited May 21
    MarcusH26 said:
    Don't get what Southgate sees in Lewis Dunk. Other than that I don't have too many qualms with the squad. 
    I think Guehi and maybe Braithwaite might be ahead of him now.

Tomori probably should be too.
  • Options
    Southgate really doesn't rate Tomori does he? 
    Clearly not.

Even though i do rate Quansah and i'm sure he won't make the final squad, i 
    don't see how a kid who started 13 league games for Liverpool is ahead of a guy who plays for AC Milan every week. 
  • Options

Kane

that would do for me
    I would play Bellingham in the 10, mainoo with rice and Foden wide left with palmer coming off the bench. Also no chance Walker will play CB in a 4.
    Agreed, i think if they're all fit then the starting lineup for the first game is:

Pickford
                  Rice   Mainoo
                    Bellingham
    Saka             Kane        Foden
  • Options

Kane

that would do for me
    Agreed, i think if they're all fit then the starting lineup for the first game is:

Pickford
                  Rice   Mainoo
                    Bellingham
    Saka             Kane        Foden
    this would be my team, although I would play guehi over maguire. Gareth will play the above though.
  • Options
    edited May 21
                       Pickford
                  Rice   Bellingham 
                        Foden
    Saka             Kane        Gordon

Think Gordon could do a very good job wide left.