Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

13»

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Hilarious comments regarding Baby Reindeer. There's a reason he's not right in the head and cringey. That said I thought it was just a good show, 4/5. I don't get it being rated higher than The Sopranos.

Last time something got massive plaudits that i thought was just good was Slumdog Millionaire.

I liked Better Call Saul, more due to the character than the story. Surprised it had as many series as it did.

Kobra Kai is what i pay my subscription for! Also The Crown which was very good apart from the last season.
    It was great, but doesn't stop him being a bellend, he obviously went through a lot but even admitted he liked the attention and instigated a lot of it himself. Again though, the person who triggered all this in the first place goes nameless, while she gets hung out to dry. They both have mental health problems and the TV exec should be in prison. 
    The comment was aimed at people who didn't get it. As for being a bellend, he was very open and honest about it. Clearly a mental health issue.

I expect there are numerous execs like him and they should all be in prison. Maybe he made the show to get the ball rolling? 
    Apologies we aren’t at your intellectual level. I ‘got it’…I just thought it was wank.
    Echo this, I certainly understood it. 

Make love not war, world peace dude
  • Options
    Really enjoying Shogun 2 episodes in. On Disney+ or other streaming less ethical services. 
  • Options
    Another shout for Dark, best show on netflix. Cannot believe how intricate it all is and it's all tied together at the end 
  • Options
    jams said:
    Another shout for Dark, best show on netflix. Cannot believe how intricate it all is and it's all tied together at the end 
    Is Dark the sci-fi series?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    jams said:
    Is Dark the sci-fi series?
    Yeah set in Germany
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone has seen Dark but it's possibly the best tv show I've watched in a long time. It's like Stranger Things (80's nostalgia) but, for lack of a better word, darker. 

It's German so you'll have to stomach subtitles but it's worth it. 
    I enjoyed although I'm not sure I entirely understood it.
  • Options
    The Mauritanian is worth watching. 
  • Options
    Ingobernable- features Kate Castelle of La Reina del sur is worth a binge.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Really enjoying Shogun 2 episodes in. On Disney+ or other streaming less ethical services. 
    Finished the series. Really enjoyed the whole thing. Looking forward to Series 2. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Finished the series. Really enjoyed the whole thing. Looking forward to Series 2. 
    I think a second series is a bad idea, it has a perfect ending.

It would be like making more episodes of Only Fools and Horses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, not Netflix, but Prime. The London Underground Killer. How does this shit get made? I like a good formative documentary, but this is sensationalised garbage. Too many talking heads who offer nothing, twice as long as it needed to be and a formulated narrative based on an uncredible source.
  • Options
     The 8 Show
    The Koreans series where the contestants on a game show are put though some weird stuff. Most unlike Korean series of late.
  • Options
    Buying London.

Looked like a documentary about super high priced properties in London so I gave it a go. Turns out this was probably only 10% of the show, and was pretty interesting in fairness, the other 90% was about the social media obsessed estate agents. Avoid this like a women with pubic lice. 
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Buying London.

Looked like a documentary about super high priced properties in London so I gave it a go. Turns out this was probably only 10% of the show, and was pretty interesting in fairness, the other 90% was about the social media obsessed estate agents. Avoid this like a women with pubic lice. 
    My mrs is obsessed with all that tripe, you know they are bollox as not a single Russian or foreign investor is buying everyone up.
  • Options
    An obscure  mockumentary on there called
    Only Fools and Horses. Only a couple of series on there but worth a watch if you've never heard of it. 

About 2 brothers in 80s Peckham. Won't spoil it but the bit with one of the main protagonists (Derek) *****SPOILER ALERT**** falling through the bar is a hoot.

Nigels scarf in first episode but a good few Charlton references so don't let that put you off.

Seems to have gone under the radar bit but will probably get a decent following when the masses and critics get to watch it.
    You plonker!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Buying London.

My mrs is obsessed with all that tripe, you know they are bollox as not a single Russian or foreign investor is buying everyone up.
    I've worked on a 40 floor+ residential building where the client out right said during a site walk that they weren't aimed at people to live in. The facilities it has were utterly insane. As for the Netflix show, they had a home in Mayfair with it's own ballroom. Evader Holyfield had a home with two bowling alleys.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Buying London.

I've worked on a 40 floor+ residential building where the client out right said during a site walk that they weren't aimed at people to live in. The facilities it has were utterly insane. As for the Netflix show, they had a home in Mayfair with it's own ballroom. Evader Holyfield had a home with two bowling alleys.
    He must’ve paid for that with all the tax he saved.
  • Options
    Probably old hat to you guys, but really enjoying The Lincoln Lawyer. Surprised to see Jake Tapper pop up 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Buying London.

One was a spare.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Buying London.

Is that the house that he lost mega money on ? I think 50cent owns it now.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Probably old hat to you guys, but really enjoying The Lincoln Lawyer. Surprised to see Jake Tapper pop up 🤣
    Loved it. They’re filming series 3 now. 
  • Options
    Just finished ‘Eric’ starting Benedict Cumberbatch. 
    Bloody excellent. 
    Also enjoyed Invasion (was that on Netflix? We have Netflix, Prime, Now, Apple, Disney+. It hard to remember what’s on what.)
  • Options
    We enjoyed Eric too, JS.

Different but in a good way.
  • Options
    edited June 10
    Netflix finally caught up with the fact that one of our four named people on our account doesn’t live with us any more. We have been offered the opportunity of adding our eldest son back in for a further £4.99 per month. Wonder how families with students get on with this. He’s at the “f..k it on principle” stage this morning. Whether we will succumb and add him again is up for grabs. I understand how the family and friends thing can be abused but I suspect this may well cost Netflix in the long run. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Also enjoyed Invasion (was that on Netflix? We have Netflix, Prime, Now, Apple, Disney+. It hard to remember what’s on what.)
    Apple TV, I also enjoyed it. Shame that there will be no more.