Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

I thought there was a thread dedicated to Netflix recommendations but unable to find it.

Baby Reindeer is a disturbing watch but excellent acting.

The Final was quite rubbish.

Green Frontier worth a watch if only to see the Amazon people.

In the Land of the Saint and Sinners - enjoyable.

Pablo Escobar El Patron del Mal was excellent

Comments

• Options
    Agree wholeheartedly with your description of Baby Reindeer.  It's a disturbing, harrowing and distressing story, which, after three episodes turns even darker in ep 4.  

If you're not worried about adding to the ten million views Piers Narcissist has garnered, and you've watched Baby Reindeer, this interview is well worth watching: 

https://youtu.be/mK-isQXd_Qw?si=ASD_xw5hBbhhyaEx 
  • Options
    watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer and debating on whether to continue....thought it was absolute shite to be honest, but all the reviews are cracking
  • Options
    Just finished A man in fall starring Jeff Daniels. Worth a watch, 6 part series.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I thought there was a thread dedicated to Netflix recommendations but unable to find it.

Baby Reindeer is a disturbing watch but excellent acting.

The Final was quite rubbish.

Green Frontier worth a watch if only to see the Amazon people.

In the Land of the Saint and Sinners - enjoyable.

Pablo Escobar El Patron del Mal was excellent

There are a couple, this is the longest/most recently used one.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88655/netflix#latest
  • Options
    watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer and debating on whether to continue....thought it was absolute shite to be honest, but all the reviews are cracking
    It's anything but shite. Push on...
  • Options
    it was shite - wouldn't bother

• Options
    I'd say it was somewhere in the middle. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Agree wholeheartedly with your description of Baby Reindeer.  It's a disturbing, harrowing and distressing story, which, after three episodes turns even darker in ep 4.  

If you're not worried about adding to the ten million views Piers Narcissist has garnered, and you've watched Baby Reindeer, this interview is well worth watching: 

Fiona Harvey was paid £250 to appear alongside Morgan. She needs to get an agent and ride this for as much as she can.
  • Options
    BR was quality, editing looked great.. very British style. Main guy played himself, which was a incredibly stupid decision considering they were supposedly trying to keep the females real identity a secret.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

Fiona Harvey was paid £250 to appear alongside Morgan. She needs to get an agent and ride this for as much as she can.
    You'd have to pay me a damn sight more than that to be in the same room as Morgan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

Presumably she was told that was the fee and agreed, she could have said no!

I find it pretty appalling they're giving her a platform to be honest, she needs help rather than being paraded on TV.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

You'd have to pay me a damn sight more than that to be in the same room as Morgan!
    Don't fret.
    We sold him to Blackpool. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

I find it pretty appalling they're giving her a platform to be honest, she needs help rather than being paraded on TV.

Lets be honest, her and gadd very much both have issues, also the fact he pretty much outed her but not the TV guy is beyond bizarre.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

Agreed, that interview made me feel uncomfortable. Kind of like she’s the joke but she doesn’t realise. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:

Agreed, that interview made me feel uncomfortable. Kind of like she’s the joke but she doesn’t realise. 
    He was very blunt with her, there was no piss taking. 
  • Options
    Life on Mars is currently on Netflix, if someone wants to watch something proper. 

Not too keen on most of Netflixs exclusive series, think their films are a lot better. 
  • Options
    Baby Reindeer, fkn awful. Hippy crap.

If you want a short summary, weirdo stalker becomes obsessed with another weirdo, who then encourages the weird stalker, as he's probably an even bigger weirdo. Complete drag, and a few scenes that were better left to the imagination probably. 

98% on rotten tomatoes, absolutely ridiculous. They've got Sopranos down as 94%, which is a masterpiece.  That website can't be trusted at all. 
    Genuinely interested, not digging you out, but what was “hippy” about it?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If you want a short summary, weirdo stalker becomes obsessed with another weirdo, who then encourages the weird stalker, as he's probably an even bigger weirdo. Complete drag, and a few scenes that were better left to the imagination probably. 

98% on rotten tomatoes, absolutely ridiculous. They've got Sopranos down as 94%, which is a masterpiece.  That website can't be trusted at all. 
    There is no substance behind it, it's the kind of show my hipster mates would enjoy, and I like using the word cause I think it sounds funny.

My reasoning in the form of a gif: 

No substance behind it? I found it incredibly emotive. They crammed a lot into a handful of episodes.

Netflix does have a lot of overatted content. Walking Dead has 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. That was a real drag. 🥱
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Below Deck. Absolute trash. Guilty pleasure. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

There is no substance behind it, it's the kind of show my hipster mates would enjoy, and I like using the word cause I think it sounds funny.

No substance behind it? I found it incredibly emotive. They crammed a lot into a handful of episodes.

Netflix does have a lot of overatted content. Walking Dead has 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. That was a real drag. 🥱
    No I mean the word hippie, when I say it I'm just saying it for the sake of saying it 😂 I've edited it cause I see why it may read like that. 

I know the show itself had a lot going on, I just didn't enjoy it, and think it's been a bit of a hype job. True crime and obscure stories like this seem to be all the all the range at the moment. Personally, I don't enjoy any of it. The Jeffrey Dahmer story was another one gathering a lot of hype on social media, and I found it completely pants.

I've never watched walking Dead the whole way, only one season. I didn't find myself very engaged which is odd, as I love a series binge, and I love doomsday/apocalyptic/zombie type films. Might try it again at some point. 
  • Options
    Baby Reindeer, fkn awful. Hippie crap.

I said a while back I thought it hugely overrated.
    It's just that it's on Netflix.
    If it was on C5 the majority wouldn't give it a second thought.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

No I mean the word hippie, when I say it I'm just saying it for the sake of saying it 😂 I've edited it cause I see why it may read like that. 

I know the show itself had a lot going on, I just didn't enjoy it, and think it's been a bit of a hype job. True crime and obscure stories like this seem to be all the all the range at the moment. Personally, I don't enjoy any of it. The Jeffrey Dahmer story was another one gathering a lot of hype on social media, and I found it completely pants.

I've never watched walking Dead the whole way, only one season. I didn't find myself very engaged which is odd, as I love a series binge, and I love doomsday/apocalyptic/zombie type films. Might try it again at some point. 
    I enjoyed the Jeffrey Dahmer dramatisation too. I'm not a massive TV lover. I only watched the first series' of Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and succession. The episodes were very long with and didn't hold my attention. 

It's for the best that we don't all have the same taste otherwise we'd all be sat around watching Elvis Presley films.

For ballance, i enjoyed Fallout, Breaking Bad, the Last of Us and some of the Star Wars shows.

• Options
    edited May 14
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

I enjoyed the Jeffrey Dahmer dramatisation too. I'm not a massive TV lover. I only watched the first series' of Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and succession. The episodes were very long with and didn't hold my attention. 

It's for the best that we don't all have the same taste otherwise we'd all be sat around watching Elvis Presley films.

For ballance, i enjoyed Fallout, Breaking Bad, the Last of Us and some of the Star Wars shows.

Yep, it would be rather boring if we all enjoyed the same things. Fallout is on my list, although I never played the games so I haven't hurried to it. Ditto Last of Us

Love Breaking Bad, timeless. Love anything to do with Star Wars, even the stuff that's not seen as good by the Star Wars fanatics I enjoy, as I just love the lure of it all. 

I am definitely more drawn towards make belief/fantasy or English/American dramas with a bit of realism in them, rather than the true crime stuff.
  • Options
    It’s absolute shite. 

Main character is an absolute bell end, which is tragic when you consider he plays himself.

Easily the most overrated programme for a good while.
    That was the main thing for me, after a while I just started thinking, this guy genuinely wasn't right in the head, and it made me feel uncomfortable watching. 

Also found it really difficult watching his stand up shows, I know it's acting, but I found it unbearably cringey, as I knew it was him portraying himself. 

I'm amazed he went ahead with it tbh, as it doesn't put him in a good light at all. By about 5 episodes in, I started feeling sorry for how tragic the woman was, and just thought he seemed like an utter weirdo.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Have a look on prime, there's loads of different versions.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I love it. I agree it's definitely a guilty Pleasure 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Zero challenge on this one.