Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thanks Chuks (Ed. unconfirmed)

Quite sad to hear he has been let go.
If we have paid out his full contract it makes no sense?
Probably one of the the best options off the bench in the league. The goals didn't really come this season but always made a difference when he came on.
Hopefully this means a big signing coming in to replace him.
Thanks Chuks! Always had some rare optimism when you were stripped off ready to come on!

Comments

• Am I missing something here, I see nothing on social media?
  • Where is this coming from mate havent seen anything official ?
  • Frankly, I hope this is b*llsh*t.
  • Sauce?
  • WIOTOS...but wouldn't really be surprised if proves to be true...🤷‍♂️
  • edited May 2
    Jones did mention he wanted to build a streamlined squad, and considering Chuks only played 17 games (12% of available minutes) this year, and 13 games and less minutes last year he wouldn’t be a great candidate for such a squad - So I guess it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

Though considering he is already on the books, and Jones was always desperate to get him on this year - I’m not sure it’s true.
  • We will always need an impact sub. 
    Mad to let him go, has no benefit on FFP if we pay up his contract. 
  • Weird if true, can’t see the point in paying up his last year unless we’re only paying very little of what we’d owe him.
  • Weird if true, can’t see the point in paying up his last year unless we’re only paying very little of what we’d owe him.
    Agreed. Unless we have been in talks with him for a while, I can’t see how this can be sorted so quickly after the season finished.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2
    Did he even have the same impact off the bench this season? And please don't quote team stats to prove individual performance 
  • Puzzled
  • Charlton need to move forward next season.
    Jones has the say what players he requires.

Chucks is a luxury, can we afford him , Jones has the final say.
  • Time will tell if it’s true or not but can we be sure of his contract situation? Is it possible when he resigned that the last year was an option in our favour because if so maybe we haven’t exercised the option and he is actually out of contract?  
  • Chunes said:
    Did he even have the same impact off the bench this season? And please don't quote team stats to prove individual performance 
    He didn't IMO especially towards the end of the season anyway, however this is all redundant. The fact of the matter is he has another year on his contract and unless he can get a better deal elsewhere (which i highly doubt with his injury record), he wont go anywhere and I don't blame him. It's not his fault some football inept owners gave him a silly contract. I'm calling BS that he has left unless he has decided its too much for his body and retired.
  • edited May 2
    I think this would be a very good move if true.  Can't go into next season with Leaburn and Aneke as our big striker options, and I hope we keep Leaburn. 

Aneke looked a shell of himself at the end of the season.  He has one year left, the question is, would he get 2 elsewhere from a team who see he played a few games end of season and think he might stay fit... Gills have some money and daft American owners...
  • Rubbish.
  • edited May 2
    Quite sad to hear he has been let go.
    Probably one of the the best options off the bench in the league. The goals didn't really come this season but always made a difference when he came on.
    Thanks Chuks! Always had some rare optimism when you were stripped off ready to come on!
    A previous post from "munich" "Check ITTV for the most up to date news on who has already signed" WUM !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Posts like the OP really get my goat. At least put a link to where you heard/read such bollocks even if it’s some weird Facebook or Twitter account. Otherwise you will just become known as a WUM, unless that’s what the intention is.
  • Quite sad to hear he has been let go.
    A previous post from "munich" "Check ITTV for the most up to date news on who has already signed" WUM !!!
    Another previous post was saying Lyle Taylor did nothing wrong and he hoped he scored when we played Cambridge 

Proper WUM would be surprised if there was anything actually behind this as I had a nice conversation sat next to Chuks at player of the year on Saturday and he said injuries were looking good and he had 1 year left to stay injury free and score more goals to earn a new contract, would be shocked if a few days later he agreed a pay off as he seemed to be looking ahead to the next season 
  • Quite sad to hear he has been let go.
    Very little impact this season and always injured 
  • Looked like the injuries had really taken their toll in his recent comeback.  
  • Personally I wouldn’t give any credence to this and suspect the OP has very much hot the reaction he wanted :-) 

We shall see when the released get announced 
  • Would be a real sign of intent if they've paid him off ?
  • Rumour he's not going
  • Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's not going
    Source...🙄
  • Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's not going
    Source...🙄
    Ronald.
  • Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's not going
    Source...🙄
    Ronald.