Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Stevenage Boro : Easter Monday 1st April 2024 : KO 15:00

Good Afternoon one and all...This afternoon we entertain Stevenage on the hallowed turf that is The Valley...

Stevenage come to us in a very envious position that we would give our eye teeth to be in, just a single point outside the playoffs and having a very good season, however, we may just be getting them at the right time, as the wobble seems to have set in that sees them without a win in the last 6 games...
We have gone toe-to-toe with Stevenage on just five previous occasions winning two, Boro one and the remaining two meetings resulting in draws, Corey Blackett-Taylor converted a stoppage-time penalty to earn Charlton a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture at the Lamex Stadium in September 2023...
So, the first in a trilogy of home, and dare I say winable matches to boot, and a chance to finish the season with a flourishing top half run...now wouldn't that be just dandy...
Scott Oldham is the man in the middle today, he has overseen 33 matches so far this season and has shown 100 yellow cards and six red cards.....fingers crossed he isn't too card happy today eh

Anyway, here we go...

Rarmani Edmonds-Green and Freddie Ladapo will both start todayas Nathan Jones makes two changes from the team that drew 1-1 at Exeter City on Friday.

The pair replace Macaulay Gillesphey and Karoy Anderson, while Kazenga LuaLua returns to the bench. It means the boss has made just three changes to the starting line-up in the last six games.

Edmonds-Green will join Michael Hector and Terell Thomas to make up the back three in front of goalkeeper Harry Isted.

Tennai Watson and Thierry Small will likely operate as wing-backs once again.

Captain George Dobson and Conor Coventry are expected to be joined in midfield by Alfie May, playing in an advanced position.

Daniel Kanu will likely partner Ladapo up front.

Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Lucas Ness, Tayo Edun, Tyreeq Bakinson, Tyreece Campbell, LuaLua and Chuks Aneke make up the substitutes bench.

Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Hector, Thomas; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), May, Small; Kanu, Ladapo

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Edun, Bakinson, Campbell, LuaLua, Aneke

Not so sure of the up front pairing of Kanu and Ladapo, and we could well be needing an appearance from Lua Lua and Chuks to get us over the line today...

Comments

• Options
    REG is back!

A bit surprised to see Chooks on the bench so soon, with LuaLua.

Predictably Karoy gets the chance to watch the game with Alfie in the hole.

Not sure about Ladapo starting. He doesn't seem to be at the races.

• Options
    Ladapo, last chance saloon, been shit so far. Still no Jones, Wickham I assume injured, would like to see Taylor at some point. If the idea was getting Wickham in as a short term trial then at least it's confirming he's injury prone and we don't need another one of them.
  • Options
    Attacking line up with May as a no 10.

Thomas once again is picked, with Gillesphey the one dropped for REG. Anderson dropping out completely is interesting, but justified on recent performances.
  • Options
    And no Gillesphey either. 
    Not his finest performance at Excreter, unless he was carrying a knock?

• Options
    Attacking line up with May as a no 10.

Thomas once again is picked, with Gillesphey the one dropped for REG. Anderson dropping out completely is interesting, but justified on recent performances.
    Gillesphey may be injured, went off early at Exeter didn't he? Anderson needs a rest, sure he'll be back in the 16 next Saturday.
  • Options
    Ladapo, last chance saloon, been shit so far. Still no Jones, Wickham I assume injured, would like to see Taylor at some point. If the idea was getting Wickham in as a short term trial then at least it's confirming he's injury prone and we don't need another one of them.
    rather than Wickham still being injury prone ..... it sounds to me like, after not playing for a year it was a high risk and predictable he'd straightaway pick up an injury niggle.

He probably needs to have a full pre-season.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    rather than Wickham still being injury prone ..... it sounds to me like, after not playing for a year it was a high risk and predictable he'd straightaway pick up an injury niggle.

Not disagreeing but can we afford to give him a pre season only to find then he's injury prone/not up to it. I doubt he'll train pre season without a contract. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Not disagreeing but can we afford to give him a pre season only to find then he's injury prone/not up to it. I doubt he'll train pre season without a contract. 

Sure NJ will have him sussed by the end of the season and make the right shout...
  • Options
    I don't seem to have sound on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    Anyone getting any audio with the live stream at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a problem with the sound?
  • Options
    I don't seem to have sound on Charlton TV?
    No sound and not playing like it is on You Tube?
  • Options
    Or indeed video now?!
  • Options
    U tube has Minto, Curbs and Brownie, lap top just showing Welcome to The Valley?
  • Options
    No sound and intermittent live stream,nothing from studio, they clearly have a problem
  • Options
    WTF is happening with CATV...Welcome to the valley!!🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    How weird. The show is on the Charlton youtube channel but not Charlton TV.

Sort it out!i
  • Options
    Don’t mind the starting XI. Anderson needed a rest. Interesting Gillesphey has been left out completely. Hector worth another run after Friday’s performance. Happy to se us trying May off the front two frok
    the start. I like him that position but does it leave us a bit too open in midfield as he won’t naturally track back as much aa Anderson. Last time we played Stevenage they bypassed the midfield a lot so maybe won’t matter so much today if we have one less man in there. 
  • Options
    Ahhh, somethings happening...i think!!
  • Options
    Now CATV is showing adverts!! FfS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now adverts with audio and video.
  • Options
    Now adverts with audio and video.
    Put the you tube channel on to see the pre-match until (if!) they sort out Charlton TV
  • Options
    Anyone got anything other than adverts on CATV?
  • Options
    I’ve gone to YouTube for now.
  • Options
    Finally it's on...only 15 mins late!
  • Options
    It's working now.
  • Options
    Women's footie highlights now
  • Options
    Happy to see May at 10. It’ll change how we do things, Anderson is there to win the ball high up the pitch and Alfie will work hard but he won’t put his foot in as much. He will add creativity there though and it’ll be interesting to see how well that works. The one thing Appleton did well was recognise that May would be effective behind the striker (and then stopped playing him there because he was a big rubbish egg) so we know it can work 
  • Options
    edited April 1
    The sound’s all mucked up on YouTube too!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!