Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

Comments

• Options
    Tbh, I am surprised it was only 82%
  • Options
    Fifty five pounds. Your having a giraffe. 
    Fifty five pounds to pay for 60 plus people that I dont know to have a meal. I dont understand it. 
    You do realise this is the worst ever squad in our history and you want to brown nose around them. They should be treating the fans to dinner. They can afford it. I hope no one demeans themselves by having selfies or asking for autographs. You can eat cheaper with better food and surroundings up the shard or any number of London restaurants. More money than sense comes to mind. Good luck to anyone that is seated next to Taylor or Bakinson. Polite, crawling conversation . No thanks. The one question I would put to a player is, have you no shame for the season you have delivered  and now have the audacity to ponce meals off fans? Hope everyone has a thoroughly miserable evening. You all deserve each other. 
     :D fair play - that's quite a decent summary -i'd find it embarrassing talking to any of our squad about this season - an absolute shower of shit from start to finish   
  • Options
    They complained it was 36 quid in 2016
  • Options
    Sadly my thoughts exactly, but each to their own, I wouldn’t be able to keep my trap shut
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thomas third is wild.

That said, just thought about who else should have got it and no one came to mind bar Kanu.
  • Options
    Sadly my thoughts exactly, but each to their own, I wouldn’t be able to keep my trap shut
    Especially after yesterday 
  • Options
    I think Small was probably the next best after the top 2, but then he didn’t play the whole season. 

If you look at players who played the whole season it’s probably between Thomas and Hector 
  • Options
    Should be a recount.
  • Options
    Thomas could have had a vote count of 2 and come third. (I am assuming there are always some jokers who will have put one vote for Charlie Kirk or James Abankwah)
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates @sam3110. I think @AFKABartram is right, except I reckon it was probably 1% of the vote combined for all the players other than May and Dobson.
  • Options
    edited April 28
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Really pleased for her. She does a lot for Charlton and her game too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope everyone who went had an enjoyable time BUT I do to a certain degree agree with @DaisyEdwards in that I couldn’t contemplate going when we have just suffered the worst season in 98 years and then to boot I’d have to pay £55 so that players who earn thousands a week and are the reason for this awful season can have a nosh up.

As said each to their own but not for me.
    Wouldn't be for me either, but each to their own, daft thing to rant about.
  • Options
    Wonder if it was 82% May, 18% Dobson, and a couple of votes from the Thomas family for the man in 3rd.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Alfie May Men's Player Of The Year, with a record breaking 82% of the votes!
    And the manager doesn't rate him. Perhaps it was Nathan Jones who voted for Thomas.

• Options
    Just goes to show, 18% of our supporters know nothing about football.

Actually, you could say 100%, given who we support.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Really pleased for her. She does a lot for Charlton and her game too. 
    Genuine question. Who is she?, and what has she done to get the award?
    Does stuff in connection with Her Game Too, I believe.

That might not be an exhaustive list but it's the one I'm aware of!