Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Give the Player of the Year to Dobson!
    I bet he's really looking forward to that night. I wonder how many Charlton fans are going to ask him 'are you staying or going' questions throughout the night?
  • Options
    Shouldn’t the women’s team have their poty do with the academy? It’s inclusivity gone mad when it’s leading to a plate of fray bentos !!! 
  • Options
    Very good take-up of tickets already. Buy quickly if you want to be guaranteed a player on your table.
  • Options
    Very good take-up of tickets already. Buy quickly if you want to be guaranteed a player on your table.
    I requested a mobile ticket and have received the confirmation email - how do I get the ticket on my mobile?
  • Options
    I requested a mobile ticket and have received the confirmation email - how do I get the ticket on my mobile?
    Best ask the ticket office.  They will be able to advise you.
  • Options
    Just a few comments from me as one of the POTY Dinner organisers since 2012. First of all, the menu. The main course is braised steak, with vegetarian lasagne as an alternative. Sorry if that does not float your boat. It is perfectly true that the event is organised by the fans, but it can not of course take place without the full co-operation of the club, so in reality it has always been a joint venture. Over the years, we have managed to keep the ticket price artificially low, because the club has picked up some expenses, such as the cost of the meals for the players and management. This is now a major issue, because by including the women's team, the total number involved is more than 70 people. The new senior management team are no longer willing to subsidise the Dinner, as before, and state quite properly that all available funds must go towards strengthening the team. Whether in favour of the Dinner or not, I think we all support that argument. So that is where we are, and I hope that those who oppose the event and always slaughter it on here, will cut us some slack and allow those who look forward to it and attend every year, to enjoy themselves. Although I would like to see you on 28th April, attendance is not compulsory.
    I'm fully in favour of the dinner and fair play to you for arranging it but quite honestly i think that's an incredible statement from the club.

I don't for a second believe that them not paying for some steak and lasagne for 70 people is going to seriously have an impact on the players we can strengthen the team with this summer. If we were Cray Wanderers yes, but not a league one club with aspirations of promotion next season. 

And before anyone jumps on this i'm not one of those fans who is always negative towards the owners. I actually think they've done some really good work on and off the pitch in recent months, but it's pretty pathetic that the club can't subsidise this event.

Well said!

I would ban the SMT from the event if they can fork out dosh on the likes of Matt Penney but can't even subsidise the price of a few dishes of vegetarian Lasagne in the interests of club morale and solidarity.

What a classless bunch this lot are.

Why not just invite the owners?   I bet there are some American billionaires who have never even experienced braised steak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good numbers after one week selling tickets. Buy soon if you want to be guaranteed a player on your table.
  • Options
    Well done, once again, to the Fans Forum. As always a great initiative.

Some stupid comments from the usual suspects, I see. You know, those that won't even go.
  • Options
    clive said:

Tickets are now on sale for Charlton's 2024 Player of the Year dinner.

The end-of-season event takes place on Sunday, April 28th in the Meantime Fans’ Bar at The Valley, with doors opening from 6pm. Click here to purchase your tickets now

Supporters attending will enjoy a two-course meal, which is set to be served from 7pm. The club's Ticket Office will contact those attending to request any dietary requirements ahead of the event.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/2024-player-year-tickets-sale-now

CAFCTrev said:
    I actually thought this was an official club event, I had no idea that its organised by fans. 

It seems as though the club is facilitating & charging for the event.

It would appear the club is helping the fans seeing as it has infrastructure in place to handle sales. It would also appear you are being wilfully obtuse. 
  • Options
    Still time to buy your tickets
  • Options
    Tickets sales for this season's dinner have been excellent. Don't miss out as the caterers require confirmed numbers after next weekend, and we will have to stop taking further bookings, probably on Monday.
  • Options
    Will the sponsorship cover losses if the £55 ticket sales fall short?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supporters have until 9am on Monday, April 22nd to purchase their tickets for the club's 2024 Player of the Year dinner, sponsored by ITRM.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/last-chance-get-your-2024-player-year-tickets
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Give it a rest 
    Seths only asking a question.
    Maybe ask yourself why.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Give it a rest 
    Seths only asking a question.
    With ill intent 
  • Options
    Has the vegetarian meal been announced yet?
    This is a question asked on page one.
    The second post actually.
    I wonder if it was asked with ill intent.
  • Options
    It must be more difficult since you have to subsidie the men’s team and as well as the women’s teams as well now 

Hence the £55 ticket price compared to £45 pounds last year 
  • Options
    edited April 24
  • Options
    Tickets are now off sale. We have had a fantastic response and are near capacity. It will be the biggest attendance at a POTY Dinner since the sell-out in the 2012 promotion year. There is a new wave of optimism around the club, and it is going to be a great night.
    Thank you, Charlton Life for all your support and positivity.
    Yeah but, no but
    £55, veggie option, red trousers 
    😉