Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

Comments

• Options
    It beggars belief how every year (most probably), seth plum comes onto a player of the year thread to cause maximum disruption and disrespect to Charlton fans, players, management and the organisers.

It's shameful and I'd like anyone from the club reading this thread to rest assured that his warped views are his and his alone and do not represent the views of any other Charlton fan as far as I'm aware.

I'd like to apologise to the organisers and the club and let it be known that it's not in my/our name. 
    Leave off.
    The player of the year thread on Charlton life wouldn't be the same if Seth didn't post.

• Options
    I think there should be another choice, not everybody likes lasagne :)
  • Options
    You know what the answer is......................

Take your own packed lunch  ;)
  • Options

Good idea, I'll ask for a reduction on the £55 cost.
  • Options

Do loads of coke and don’t eat
  • Options

Do loads of coke and don’t eat
    Didn't sound like Charlie was a major supporter of the event. 
  • Options
    It beggars belief how every year (most probably), seth plum comes onto a player of the year thread to cause maximum disruption and disrespect to Charlton fans, players, management and the organisers.

It's shameful and I'd like anyone from the club reading this thread to rest assured that his warped views are his and his alone and do not represent the views of any other Charlton fan as far as I'm aware.

I'd like to apologise to the organisers and the club and let it be known that it's not in my/our name. 
    Every year?
    Maximum disruption?
    Disrespect?
    Shameful?
    Warped?

One inaccuracy and four opinions.

The only thing missing is ‘Seth Plum should damn well know his place’.
  • Options
    Happy Easter everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    70 staff x £55 = £ 3,850 ( and that’s charging the full £55 and not taking into account the fans £55 covers both their meal and a portion of the players meal)

Are we really that much of a poverty club that they cannot cover it ? 
    We have consultants and some no doubt expensive senior management / execs to accommodate who I assume also enjoy some level of hospitality at each game. 😉

Does seem poor the ‘club’ can’t meet the cost of the players / staff who attend in the grand scheme of things albeit the loading on each paying guest is I assume not huge. 

A very good point tbf.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    70 staff x £55 = £ 3,850 ( and that’s charging the full £55 and not taking into account the fans £55 covers both their meal and a portion of the players meal)

Are we really that much of a poverty club that they cannot cover it ? 
    Minge of a management 
  • Options
    Well at least we’ve got to the bottom of it - whatever it is - women’s team have ruined it and none of the men’s players want to be there - assuming the women’s team do or they wouldn’t have muscled in on it, why not give the men’s team a night off and reduce the cost ? 
  • Options
    Pico said:
    As Spiced Addick said:

"This is an event for which tickets are available at a price - it's very much the same as a concert or other event that has tickets for sale except that this is organised by our fellow Charlton fans. "

Take it or leave it. Why undermine it ?

Attention. Nothing else. 
  • Options
    Pico said:
    As Spiced Addick said:

"This is an event for which tickets are available at a price - it's very much the same as a concert or other event that has tickets for sale except that this is organised by our fellow Charlton fans. "

In my opinion this thread was undermined in early posts when it was seemingly OK to take the piss out of, or ‘other’, vegetarians.

• Options
    edited March 26
    best I keep my opinions to myself but £55 notes for braised steak says it all :D
  • Options
    What a ridiculous thread this has turned into.

Really looking forward to our first POTY dinner.
    It happens almost every year on the POTY dinner thread. 

I am sure you will have a great evening. Have been twice before, once on my own, and another where the family booked one table. Always good fun and great to have relaxed chats with the players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Pico said:
    As Spiced Addick said:

In my opinion this thread was undermined in early posts when it was seemingly OK to take the piss out of, or ‘other’, vegetarians.

No one was taking the piss of vegetarians, just forestallling your rabid and so so predictable attacks on the event with a joke based on your constant whinging about the menu options for an event you have no intention of attending.

I know, I know, don't feed the troll.                       
    You are wrong as usual.
  • Options
    So is there a vegan option or not? 
  • Options
    Yes, as above from one of the organisers:

"Just a few comments from me as one of the POTY Dinner organisers since 2012. First of all, the menu. The main course is braised steak, with vegetarian lasagne as an alternative............" 

• Options
    edited March 26
    Rob7Lee said:

"Just a few comments from me as one of the POTY Dinner organisers since 2012. First of all, the menu. The main course is braised steak, with vegetarian lasagne as an alternative............" 
    That isn't vegan. If it contains cheese or any dairy then it's not vegan. Not to be pedantic, just curious.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

That isn't vegan. If it contains cheese or any dairy then it's not vegan. Not to be pedantic, just curious.
    Gotcha, I misread the vegan part, then I guess it looks as if no full fat vegan alternative, as when my wife makes a vegetarian one it still has butter and milk from what I know. But worth asking the club as I'm certainly no expert on either types of diet.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Gotcha, I misread the vegan part, then I guess it looks as if no full fat vegan alternative, as when my wife makes a vegetarian one it still has butter and milk from what I know. But worth asking the club as I'm certainly no expert on either types of diet.
    Wafer thin ham should be ok. 

• Options
    I am not taking any sides, but I do find that this thread always has too many posts that are not necessary.
    For me, I have never attended a POTY do but I do understand lots of fans like the opportunity to mix with the players for photos and signatures etc, and experience how they are as people.
  • Options
    Just a few comments from me as one of the POTY Dinner organisers since 2012. First of all, the menu. The main course is braised steak, with vegetarian lasagne as an alternative. Sorry if that does not float your boat. It is perfectly true that the event is organised by the fans, but it can not of course take place without the full co-operation of the club, so in reality it has always been a joint venture. Over the years, we have managed to keep the ticket price artificially low, because the club has picked up some expenses, such as the cost of the meals for the players and management. This is now a major issue, because by including the women's team, the total number involved is more than 70 people. The new senior management team are no longer willing to subsidise the Dinner, as before, and state quite properly that all available funds must go towards strengthening the team. Whether in favour of the Dinner or not, I think we all support that argument. So that is where we are, and I hope that those who oppose the event and always slaughter it on here, will cut us some slack and allow those who look forward to it and attend every year, to enjoy themselves. Although I would like to see you on 28th April, attendance is not compulsory.
    I hope if any of the SMT are invited, they have to pay for themselves (and are not allowed to expense it).