Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Saturday 24th February 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

124»

Comments

• Just realised with the scum down at Southampton today, Waterloo should be a bit tasty. 

A draw at best as we finally reach our nadir in Old Division 4. I am hopeful the Welsh boyo can bring back championship football in the next decade.
    Was thinking similar as was hoping to get along to the Old Vic tonight then realised probably more fun to be had for Millwall's funsters to rendezvous with their opponents anywhere rather than take a trip to Southampton. Plenty of eateries and coffee shops in London Bridge and Greenwich for example.
  • Pompey haven’t lost in 7, kept 3 clean sheets and scored 12 goals in the last 4 games! 
    Would like to see continued progress, lots of fight, a step forward in quality produced going forward and hopefully we get a point or more at the end of it. 
    Realistically everything points at a Pompey win. 
    We need wins now, of course, but with three consecutive aways coming up today does not need a s*** performance and a heavy beating.

• Pre-match beer before settling down for the game.

Pre-match beer before settling down for the game.
    They showing it live on the big screen then  ?
  • Pompey haven’t lost in 7, kept 3 clean sheets and scored 12 goals in the last 4 games! 
    Would like to see continued progress, lots of fight, a step forward in quality produced going forward and hopefully we get a point or more at the end of it. 
    Realistically everything points at a Pompey win. 
    We need wins now, of course, but with three consecutive aways coming up today does not need a s*** performance and a heavy beating.
    To be fair we haven’t been thrashed that much this season and I don’t expect we will today. 

I actually reckon we might get a point. Not convinced we are physically capable of keeping a clean sheet, so 1-1 it is. 
  • Bakinson and May back in the starting eleven, no Coventry at all again, Ladapo on the bench
  • Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Jones, Thomas; T.Watson, Dobson (c), Bakinson, Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Gillesphey, Edun, Camará, Campbell, Ladapo, Aneke

• Happy with that but time for Bakinson to perform, not been convinced so far.
  • Happy with that but time for Bakinson to perform, not been convinced so far.
    Probably favoured for height and nuisance value with Camara to replace him after an hour.
  • Quite a bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coventry injured I wonder, or has he not impressed Jones so far?
  • I swam against the crowd last week saying Charlton to win v Bolton due to their form and injuries.  For those reasons I was a little disappointed with the draw despite it being a seemingly better performance.
    Pompey are at the top for a reason and I think had a strong January window which is proven by their form recently with plenty of goals.
    Their attacking threat v our defensive frailties is a worrying match and Watson/Small v Lane/Kamara looks a miss-match to me.  Kamara is an excellent player in hot form and Small is very young and more attack minded from what I can tell.
    I hope for the best but fear this could be a heavy defeat by 3 or 4. If so then I hope it doesn't knock fragile confidences.
    Bottom 4 by 5pm is a worrying thought.  
    Tomorrow could hear the first chorus of "we want Methven out".
    You're out of touch Elfs.
    Support was excellent today.