Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Remaining 13 League Games - Points Predictor

Comments

• Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 1 point
    Northampton (a) - 3 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 3 points
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 3 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 3 points
    Shrewsbury (h) - 3 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

This is the kind of run we need to go on.

28 points

I got 6 LOLs for this - but still 2 points short of my prediction after the first 5 games. This would see us finish on 59 points if the remainder play out like this.
  • Options
    Out of interest how many points do other feel we need to be safe ?
  • Options
    I think 49-50 points will be enough this season, perhaps 48, so a win and two draws or two more wins and we are there. Question is whether we can go on a run to get us into the top half and send a message to all for next season…? I hope the latter is the case. Will give home and away following some well earned reward after a lot of downers this season. 
  • Options

19 points from 13 matches and we go again in the 3rd tier next season after a superb close season where our squad of 25 are well above this nightmare season !

I'm pleased will my prediction of 19 points from 13 despite the fact that we have 11 from the 1st 5 matches.
    I always saw it as accumulating points over the 13 steps to safety.
    No single game was must win but the Cheltenham game was mustn't lose but as we won there was a massive 6 point swing compared to losing that game.

The mentality and belief that Nathan has instilled in the team is palpable despite obviously mistakes still happening as miracles take a little longer to erase errors completely from our game.
    Good start but improvement to come.

• Options
    Breaking up the games into should be losses, should be wins and flip a (three sided) coin.

Two “should be wins” and “four should be losses” leaves seven draws - 13 points - 46 final tally.

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Northampton (a) - 1 point
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

We draw a lot of games (joint most in the entire division) but we likely won’t draw as many as 7 of the last 13 so you’d like to think that three or four of them will be turned into the wins we need and gives us breathing room to take a couple of unaccounted defeats.

One point ahead of conservative expectation - conservative prediction moves up to 47.

My optimistic prediction for the last 12 is DDWWWWDDDWWW - 60 points.
    Four points ahead of conservative prediction - final points prediction moves up to 50.

Two points ahead of optimistic prediction - final points prediction moves up to 62.
    I said draw in both predictions above so remains 50 on the low end and 62 on the high end.
    52/62 with eight games left.
  • Options
    edited March 10
    I think 49-50 points will be enough this season, perhaps 48, so a win and two draws or two more wins and we are there. Question is whether we can go on a run to get us into the top half and send a message to all for next season…? I hope the latter is the case. Will give home and away following some well earned reward after a lot of downers this season. 
    Looking at Chelts, Vale and Fleetwood they will have to have an amazing run in for any one of them to get to 48/49 points 

Vale 11 games left would need to get 16/17 points - in their last 11 games they have accumulated 3
    Fleetwood 9 games left need 16/17 - their last 9 they got 13 
    Chelts 10 games left need 14/15- their last 10 they got 11

They'd have to either win half the games they have left or not lose in at least 7 of their last 9/10 games to get to 48. Thats play-offs form.

Not impossible of course but they are bottom 4 for a reason. Personally I think 1 more win and we would be safe but honestly I think we should be looking at getting about 10 more points from our last 8 games.

(we got 14 in our last 10 just to put it in a bit more perspective)
  • Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 3 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 3 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

28 points

I got 6 LOLs for this - but still 2 points short of my prediction after the first 5 games. This would see us finish on 59 points if the remainder play out like this.
    Still 2 points off my prediction after 6 games..
  • Options
    edited March 30
    Breaking up the games into should be losses, should be wins and flip a (three sided) coin.

Two “should be wins” and “four should be losses” leaves seven draws - 13 points - 46 final tally.

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

We draw a lot of games (joint most in the entire division) but we likely won’t draw as many as 7 of the last 13 so you’d like to think that three or four of them will be turned into the wins we need and gives us breathing room to take a couple of unaccounted defeats.

One point ahead of conservative expectation - conservative prediction moves up to 47.

Four points ahead of conservative prediction - final points prediction moves up to 50.

Two points ahead of optimistic prediction - final points prediction moves up to 62.
    I said draw in both predictions above so remains 50 on the low end and 62 on the high end.
    I said DD and WD in my pessimistic/optimistic predictions for Fleetwood and Exeter so 52-60 is the new range with six games left…

Pessimistic: LLDDWD (52)
    Optimistic: DDWWWW (60)

We are already on 46 points which was my original conservative / pessimistic prediction pre-Pompey.
  • Options
    So on this page after we have beaten Derby i see 57points, and 58points predictions.

Plus one in cheek 62points if we play at our best.

Don’t know what people are putting in the coffee but think you better stick to tea.
    Agree.

Although I now think we should easily get to 48 points and probably more likely early 50's.

I originally said we'd get 48 points & stay up on GD. Now I think we'd stay up by a few places & wont be too worried on the final day of the season. 
    No real change from what I said a month ago.

We should get to 52-54points & stay up by half a dozen points or so. Will end up 16-18 & hopefully safe after Cambridge. 

Jones has rescued us from a real relegation fight but nothing had shown me that he has turned anything around. We still cant keep a clean sheet & up front we are still lightweight & reliant and 3 strikers (one of  whom) can hardly play more than 2 games in a month. Midfield might as well not be there. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     1, 3, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1

Already wrong 😭
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

I said DD and WD in my pessimistic/optimistic predictions for Fleetwood and Exeter so 52-60 is the new range with six games left…

We are already on 46 points which was my original conservative / pessimistic prediction pre-Pompey.
    Picked up the point from my optimistic predictions…

New range: 53-60
  • Options
    Starting from Saturday

Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 3 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 point
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 point
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

Leaving us on 57 points
    I started late, but am 4 points off now, after the draws against Fleetwood and Stevenage
  • Options

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

My optimistic prediction from Barnsley was a draw so I can bump up my prediction range. :-)

New range from the last four: 56-62.
  • Options
    So on this page after we have beaten Derby i see 57points, and 58points predictions.

Don’t know what people are putting in the coffee but think you better stick to tea.
    Agree.

Although I now think we should easily get to 48 points and probably more likely early 50's.

I originally said we'd get 48 points & stay up on GD. Now I think we'd stay up by a few places & wont be too worried on the final day of the season. 

We should get to 52-54points & stay up by half a dozen points or so. Will end up 16-18 & hopefully safe after Cambridge. 

Jones has rescued us from a real relegation fight but nothing had shown me that he has turned anything around. We still cant keep a clean sheet & up front we are still lightweight & reliant and 3 strikers (one of  whom) can hardly play more than 2 games in a month. Midfield might as well not be there. 
    Revised my prediction.

Should get between 54-57 points and end up between 14 & 16. 
  • Options

Agree.

Revised my prediction.

What a time to be alive eh. 14th in League One, stuff of dreams.
  • Options

Agree.

Revised my prediction.

Well what would it have been before Jones? We have to look at 11 games unbeaten from a point where we were getting beat every bloody week and give credit and yes, be a bit optimistic about what is to come considering the quality of the manager we have. Quality which he has already shown by what he has done since getting the job.
    Oh I agree totally and I'm very optimistic about next season and NJ BUT finishing 14th in League One is nothing to be happy about in any way, shape or form. Andy Scott said at the beginning of the season nothing less than a top six finish would be acceptable. NJ has worked a minor miracle but before that was a cluster fuck. Although I look forward to next season with genuine excitement it doesn't distract that this one has been a shit show for the vast majority of it 
  • Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 3 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 3 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

28 points

9 games into this sequence, 17 points have been achieved, against the 18 predicted by this point (Wigan still to play). The 28 is still on!
  • Options

Agree.

Revised my prediction.

Well what would it have been before Jones? We have to look at 11 games unbeaten from a point where we were getting beat every bloody week and give credit and yes, be a bit optimistic about what is to come considering the quality of the manager we have. Quality which he has already shown by what he has done since getting the job.
    Oh I agree totally and I'm very optimistic about next season and NJ BUT finishing 14th in League One is nothing to be happy about in any way, shape or form. Andy Scott said at the beginning of the season nothing less than a top six finish would be acceptable. NJ has worked a minor miracle but before that was a cluster fuck. Although I look forward to next season with genuine excitement it doesn't distract that this one has been a shit show for the vast majority of it 
    agreed - hard to predict, but where would we be with NJ in charge all season? I was so despondent until his appointment and definitely optimistic now. Not only when he has a full season but has even more opportunity to set up the team he wants
  • Options

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

My optimistic prediction from Barnsley was a draw so I can bump up my prediction range. :-)

They gave up those two points tonight! 

56-60 from the last three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starting from Saturday

Northampton (a) - 1 point  1
    Cheltenham (a) - 3 points  3
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points  3
    Fleetwood (a) - 3 points  1
    Wigan (h) - 1 point  1
    Exeter (a) - 1 point  1
    Stevenage (h) - 3 point  1
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points  3
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points  
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

Leaving us on 57 points
    Not far off my predictions, made after the Pompey and Derby games, so more optimistic than most. I'm 1 point behind. 
  • Options
    If I ignore the results I got wrong, I'm on 100% accuracy with my prediction. 
  • Options

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

They gave up those two points tonight! 

56-60 from the last three.
    56-58
  • Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 1 point
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 point
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 point
    Wycombe (a) - 3 points

7 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses. 

25 points. 58 season finish. 100 point club league 1 next season 👍🏻
    Win our 2 final games and I will get the points total right. 

Looks like I underestimated how hard we would be to beat but overestimated our attack. 

Interesting amount of lols for a fairly reasonable prediction in the end 
  • Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 3 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 3 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

28 points

6 LOLs for me with this. Possible 23 points achievable if we win the last two games. Slightly over optimistic but really we should have beaten Cambridge, Wigan and Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Pompey (h) - 3 points
    Derby (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 point
    Wigan (h) - 3 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 point
    Stevenage (h) - 3 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 3 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 point

28 points

20 points achieved in the end
  • Options
    edited April 27

Pompey (h) - 0 point 
    Derby (a) - 0 points
    Cheltenham (a) - 1 point
    Carlisle (h) - 3 points
    Fleetwood (a) - 1 points
    Wigan (h) - 1 points
    Exeter (a) - 1 points
    Stevenage (h) - 0 points
    Barnsley (h) - 0 points
    Cambridge (a) - 1 points
    Wycombe (a) - 1 points

My worst case was 46 - best case was 60. Ended up bang in the middle on 53. 👍

Funny how that worked out
  • Options

Agree.

Revised my prediction.

Even I was too optimistic back at the start of the month regarding the number of points we'd get. Also ended up at the lower end of my prediction for finishing position. 
  • Options

Agree.

This us what I said a month ago. 

Should get between 52-54 points. Ended with 53 ✅

Will end up 16-18. Ended up 16th on GD. if it want for a late goal from Blackpool we would gave finished 17th  ✅

Anyone want me to predict their Lottery numbers 😆.