Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Blackpool Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• I like it. 

Deals with the reality, not 8 + 8 fantasy. We are rubbish and away to an in-form side with good strikers.

Park the bus.Try and nick something. Alfie always gives us a chance of doing that. 

I have had enough of free flowing football and pathetic capitulations. 

Let's at least make it tough for the opposition. If they want three points,  let them earn it.

1-1
  • edited January 27
    Croydon said:
    Imagine travelling all that way to see that line up.
    I sort of agree, but then earlier in the season we were playing too many players who can’t defend, and paid the price over and over again. 
    If Fraser was in form he’d make a difference, and if Fiorini was fit and playing well maybe he could too.
    L. Watson could come off the bench if needed. 
    Shows the need to sign a creative midfielder/10. 
  • AMB - Dodgy at times
    Asiimwe - Young and not ready
    Ness - Young and not hit the heights of last season
    Thomas - Dodgy at times
    Gillesphey - New player
    T.Watson - Weak
    REG - New player
    Dobson - Out of position
    Bakinson - New player
    Ladapo - New player
    May - You know what you get

This does not fill me with good vibes.
  • Sage said:
    AMB - Dodgy at times
    Asiimwe - Young and not ready
    Ness - Young and not hit the heights of last season
    Thomas - Dodgy at times
    Gillesphey - New player
    T.Watson - Weak
    REG - New player
    Dobson - Out of position
    Bakinson - New player
    Ladapo - New player
    May - You know what you get

This does not fill me with good vibes.
    I'd be very interested to know which of our abundant alternative options you choose instead?
  • Good to see Scott Minto mentioning Chelsfield. 
    He told me he would 
  • Don't be surprised if he brings Isted on for Alfie May at some point 
  • I have a feeling we'll get something today 
  • edited January 27
    We really need Fred to come up with a goal or two today, because if not then hopefully Curtis will get Kanu on, 'cos Fred didn't look too hot last time out...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 27
    Two for May, one for Ladapo. Clean sheet. Job done. We don't need a huge amount of creativity to score against teams as poor as Blackpool.  Our season starts here.  Play offs remain a possibility.
  • edited January 27
    We should be playing in red unless there is a colour clash. Oh wait……
  • See Scotty is going for a one nil win, didn't specify who too though...🙄
     Curbs ad Brownie are 1-1 and 2-2 respectively
  • Are we winning yet?
  • edited January 27
    Browny saying 2-0 (Pool) 
    Scotty draw. 

Peter Shirtliffe commentary. Great bloke. No nonsense, like a Yorkshire Browny. 
  • That Dembele is tiny for them
  • Morgan was 9/2 anytime scorer last night.
  • Shirtliff in the commentary box. Lots of defensive quality in the Charlton TV coverage, hopefully it'll rub off on the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pool kick off all the way back to their keeper who smashes it 60 yards forward. Wonder if that's their tactic today. 
  • edited January 27
    We really need Fred to come up with a goal or two today, because if not then hopefully Curtis will get Kanu on, 'cos Fred didn't look too hot last time out...

Ladapo nailed on to get two goals today after Ipswich had all those chances and only scored from one

• Early corner for Pool. Long ball into the area, AMB felt he was fouled as he didn't catch it - ref says he touched it behind for a corner
  • edited January 27
    Wigan 1-0 Magennis
  • edited January 27
    Not often you don't see a foul given for that. 
  • AMB rather flappy from that cross
  • No idea how that isn’t a foul on AMB. Arm right across his face. 
  • Cmon Ashley... Settle down, that was an iffy attempt at a catch, and the referee did the right thing to give a corner

• Albie Morgan takes the corner short, Dembele then rolls it straight out as he tries to give it back to the former Addick
  • Maynard Brewer time wasting after 4 mins!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!