Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Blackpool Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• edited January 27
    That's a rather bizarre lineup. If you go 1 nil down in the first 20 mins, you don't have much chance to get back into the game unless you're gonna be hauling people off before half time. 
  • Croydon said:
    Imagine travelling all that way to see that line up.
    I think I’d have just stayed in the pub and not bothered going to the ground. 
  • Lull the entirety of Bloomfield Road to sleep for 80 minutes, make attacking changes, hit them with a late goal smash and grab, simple 
  • RedPanda said:
    Feels like Blackpool have at least a one goal head start with Morgan and Rhodes playing 
    To be fair I thought Ness did a good Pearcey type job on Rhodes in the home game when he replaced Jones in the second half.
  • Absolutely no logic in changing the back 3 that finished the last match in order to put REG in midfield. The new defence needs to be settled so they can build some understanding. Just bring in Louis Watson and drop Dobbo and Bakinson a bit deeper. At least there’d be some vague chance of linking the midfield to attack that way. It’s not as if we’re likely to nick a goal by a set piece is it?
  • That line up is a horror show 
  • I think @golfaddick love affair with Fleming will be over when he sees how defensive that line up is.
  • What a line up, Fleming out! 😀
  • Please not Ness.  For as bad as Jones has been the last two, he is still better than Ness who should be loaned to a non league side now.  On the bright side, Albie has played well the last two for Blackpool so he is due to have a monumental disaster of a game per usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 27
    Waaaaaaah 

Too many defenders when we're clearly trying for a clean sheet, this is disgusting and I will not stand for it. 
  • Hmm trying not to be too negative looking at that line up..but geez, 6 defenders and two defensive midfielders playing further up...is this normal? Do things like this happen at other clubs? 

Given the seriousness of our predicament, and lack of options, would really like to see Fraser back in the mix (not normally his biggest fan)  
  • Please not Ness.  For as bad as Jones has been the last two, he is still better than Ness who should be loaned to a non league side now.  On the bright side, Albie has played well the last two for Blackpool so he is due to have a monumental disaster of a game per usual.
    I'll keep saying it... Ness would not be starting games for any other team in this league. 
  • Good chat in the studio about the new manager,..sounds like Nathan Jones according to Brownie...
  • edited January 27
    "how many defenders do you think can cock up all at once"

Fleming "let's find out" 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Embarrassing line up. Instantly don’t want him having the job after that team selection 
    Since Wednesday I've been saying give him a few games, but this is a bit of a head scratcher. I know he was a defender by trade but did he never cross the half way line & see there is another penalty area ?

Anyway, still think we'll win. The winner will be a clearance from Ness that sails over the head of their keeper & into an empty net. 
  • edited January 27
    Love Curtis's pre match interview, he has the ability to make bad news positive by introducing some good stuff, but at least he has a positive outlook, as opposed to the dour negativity from the other guy..good luck Curtis...
  • Sponsored links:

• If we concede early then this could be a rout....It's going to be one way traffic with no "out" ball, so the only option is to try to keep a clean sheet...plan B might mean wholesale changes!
  • edited January 27
    6 defenders & 2 defensive midfielders. 
    Build a wall.
    3 goals incoming then…
  • Fleming talking the defensive talk. A clean sheet today is the priority.
  • I don't think the lineup looks that bad tbh. REG, Assimwe, Gilleshpey, t.Watson, bakinson all capable of attacking runs, if they make some runs and get crosses in May and ladapo could score. 
  • Love Curtis's pre match interview, he has the ability to make bad news positive by introducing some good stuff, but at least he has a positive outlook, as opposed to the dour negativity from the other guy..good luck Curtis...
    Bringing some positivity into the squad this week is crucial, I imagine he's good at that.
  • And Brownie right. We cannot play 442 with this squad.

• Yeah slightly deflated when I saw that line up. Hope we don't get tonked. Tough period now. Momentum but not how we all want it 
  • I think we’d need luck today regardless of team selection. Set up to keep it tight and maybe Nick one from a break or set piece. We’ll see.
    Noted. Will be quoted when he scores the winner today. :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!