Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Blackpool Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• All over. A point almost seems like a smash and grab after the first half. 
  • I wrote us off after they scored their goal.. fair play, happy with the point, thought we controlled the latter part of the game too.. Jones recovered well, Bakinson had a good game, faded as he tired.. L Watson looked good too.. 
  • Totally undeserved honestly but hey we didn't lose so you have to take what you get
  • Phew. Safe to switch back on

• supaclive said:
    Off_it said:
    supaclive said:
    Nug said:
    i like Kanu, he’s limited but puts a shift in.
    That is complete nonsense!   Our record youth goal scorer, with 3 goals this season playing up front as a lone furrow most of the time in the middle of that spell, who has looked dangerous most of the times he has come on recently IS LIMITED?!

Jesus.   
    Calm down mate.
    You're alright thanks!    Of all the things this season we should not be slagging off Daniel Kanu who's 19 years old and despite the fact he shouldn't be anywhere near starting games for us, he's done nothing like do his utmost best.

Against players of his own age he is our record goal scorer.   Playing at a lower level, he's got 4 goals in 6 games.

In front of all the actual rubbish we've witnessed this year, we've called out Daniel Kanu.

Some of our fans are absolute numb nuts
    How you get my comment as calling him out. You’re a prick.
  • An undeserved point. At last. 
    As bad as we had been recently, we deserved at least a couple of draws from losses and a couple of wins from draws, on the balance of stats.

Nice to get a draw out of game where we, on balance of stats, should have lost.
  • Always take a point away from home.
  • How the feck have we come away with a point?
    Appleton gone and let's hope that's the luck changed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 18th, still 4 points off bottom four
  • Could be a vital point so will take it but that poor Appleton style performance means I hope the new man is in the dugout next Saturday. 

• Both Fleming and Pearce over to Jones at FT who looks absolutely devastated and apologises to the away fans. His error led to the Blackpool goal.
  • Thank god for a point...

• Thank you all for the updates.

It's still all a bit meh...
  • What a time to be an Addick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Jayajosh said:
    How much better have we been with Watson coming on.
    We always are
  • Take that, must start Kanu in future.
  • All this "we should have lost by 5 or 6"
    Blackpool had 3, yes 3, shots on target.
    How many shots did Charlton have on target 3.
    They played better than us but not sure where 5 or 6 goals are coming from. 
  • Take that, must start Kanu in future.
    Worth a go. Ladapo has been really disappointing 
  • edited January 27
    All this "we should have lost by 5 or 6"
    Blackpool had 3, yes 3, shots on target.
    How many shots did Charlton have on target 3.
    They played better than us but not sure where 5 or 6 goals are coming from. 
     People love to revel in misery. 

Absolute highest scoreline based on shots was 3-3.
  • Before the match I didn't think we'd get anything from this fixture.
    At half time I didn't think we'd get anything from this fixture.
    When they scored I certainly didn't think we'd get anything from this fixture.
    We dug in though, looked the better team towards the end and took a point.
    Happy with that!
  • ross1 said:
    Curbs: “if I was Appleton I’d be wondering how come I didn’t get that kind of luck that we got today”
    He would not have brought on Kanu and Watson, not luck, just useless
    Take it up with Curbs - he’s just made the same point again!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!