Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• LenGlover said:
    Just discovered that Tom Hartley has an athletic background.

His father is Bill Hartley former GB 400 metre hurdler and his mother, Donna, was a GB 400 metre runner and she later became a bodybuilder.

Bit of Saturday afternoon trivia for you...
     I am not sure  that Donna Hartley was his Mum ?
    Thanks realise that now.
  • Need a good partnership now
  • Get off to a good start and then its hold on to your hats time,could be a cracking days cricket again.
  • Surely not another miracle … it will need to be perleeeease
  • Surely not another miracle … it will need to be perleeeease
    It will require a big big hundred from someone for us to get close. Fingers crossed.
  • Crawley doesn’t offer a shot at any of the six balls in Bumrah’s first over of the day.
  • First loose ball of the day from Bumrah and Crawley is on it in a flash. Smooth cover drive for four runs.
  • edited February 5
    95-2

Rehan Ahmed 23 (31) lbw b Axar Patel

Looked plumb in real time, replay suggesting it *may* have hit him outside the off stump line. But he walked without reviewing it.

Impact was umpire’s call as it turns out.
  • Crawley with another confident 50.
  • edited February 5
    50 up for Crawley as he goes over the top of the infield to the mid off boundary.

116-2

Crawley 50 (83)
    Pope 10 (12)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope cramped for room trying to cut off the back foot. Caught at slip, very good catch.

132-3

Pope 23 (21) c Rohit b Ashwin
  • edited February 5
    India suddenly energised after Pope goes to a sharp slip catch by Rohit Sharma off of Ashwin.
    132/3
  • 154-4

Root gone playing crazy cricket - must’ve been playing hurt the way he was batting.

Root 16 (10) c Axar Patel b Ashwin
  • You live by the sword you can die by the sword. Root out going after Ashwin 
    154-4

154-4

It was about the fourth uncharacteristic shot he played in his innings of ten balls. Must’ve just been told to go as hard as possible and get as many as possible while he’s there.
  • Need to get to lunch with no more losses to have any chance at all. 
  • Bollocks 
    Crawley gone for 73 lbw b @Pelling1993
  • Nothing looked right about the appeal. 
  • edited February 5
    Excellent review as it definitely looked like it was going to go leg side.
    Crawley out LBW 194/5 and now 194/6 Bairstow LBW and the sheer variety of the Indian attack has England struggling after a positive first hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Pelling1993 has another but Bairstow reviews it
  • I should’ve stayed asleep.
  • 194-6 and that’s lunch.
  • edited February 5
    All done. Even a Stokes masterclass wont  save this one.

I'm off to bed to get a few hours kip. Good job I work from home. 
  • Crawley lbw

Bairstow lbw

You were correct and unfortunately 2 more wickets and the best home cricket side in the world are well on top again.
  • Hopefully Stokes goes out and has some fun now. I’d have bitten your hand off for 1-1 after 2 tests so we go again in a couple of weeks 
  • Funny.. Bairstow looked more out live then Crawley. But DRS suggests otherwise.
  • I think Cook is spot on about Root and Bazball - he struggles to get the right tempo sometimes and becomes too aggressive when he is more than capable scoring at a run a ball without being so aggressive. 
    154-4

It was about the fourth uncharacteristic shot he played in his innings of ten balls. Must’ve just been told to go as hard as possible and get as many as possible while he’s there.

Listening to Cook and Finn about Joe Root and his record in India with an average of 45 made then wonder why after scoring 16 from 9 balls he's out after a miss hit.

They feel Root so wants to fit in with the Philosophy of Baz and Ben...