Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• It never ceases to amaze me how many teams are absolutely adamant that a batsman has to be out and inferring with an assumptive celebration or a vociferous and continued appeal that the Umpire must obviously give it, only to then not review the decision despite the fact that they might have as many as three of those available!
  • It never ceases to amaze me how many teams are absolutely adamant that a batsman has to be out and inferring with an assumptive celebration or a vociferous and continued appeal that the Umpire must obviously give it, only to then not review the decision despite the fact that they might have as many as three of those available!
    The issue with umpires call I suppose, they need it given on the field to maximise their chances 
  • Here it comes collapso cricket 
    That's the spirit 
    We need Golfie to provide a bit of positivity and bring a bit of equilibrium to the negativity
  • edited February 3
    It is very difficult to be critical of a Pope, given what he achieved in the first Test, but he just looks like he is falling over, mainly against the quicks, a bit at times and his head isn't in line with the ball. The danger is that he could be vulnerable to an LBW if he misses one doing so. 
    KP has just brought up the same point - but for Root! Then uses an example of a ball that comes into him rather than one that moves away. Only for Pope to be cleaned up the very next ball from Bumrah! Look at where Pope's head is at the point of impact.

136-4
  • Reverse swing after 27 overs seems a tad suspect…
  • The momentum very much back with India after the Positive start by England.
    Bumrah started slowly this innings but is bowling at his best now and showing his class.
  • India 1.62
    England 3.65
    Draw 8.80
    What four quick wickets does:

India 1.20
    England 8.00
    Draw 21.00
  • 155-4 at tea. 241 runs behind. 
  • Not a bad yorker that from Bumrah.
  • edited February 3
    mendonca said:
    Not a bad yorker that from Bumrah.
    Wakar younis at his best
  • Sponsored links:

• Bumrah strikes again - has Bairstow caught at slip for 25 (39) 
  • Seeing how well Anderson and Bumrah have bowled on this track (combined 35-8-74-6), it does once again beg the question as to whether we really could have done with that second seamer. 
  • all done 
    india 1 to 5 on
  • Our scorecard is starting to look a bit like theirs, with batters getting into the 20's & 30's and then getting out.

Only difference is their opener got 200.....ours 76.

Reckon we'll trail by 130 this time. So an improvement then. 
  • all done 
    india 1 to 5 on
    The first Test saw wilder odds than that at some stage.
  • Foakes is cleaned up by Kuldeep - Foakes plays for the spin that isn't there. Out for 6 (10)

172-6

• Shocker of a start to our Saturday morning. Charlton will be there to really rub the salt in this afternoon 
  • all done 
    india 1 to 5 on
    You don't think we can nick a draw then  ?  2 days of rain ?
  • mendonca said:
    all done 
    india 1 to 5 on
    The first Test saw wilder odds than that at some stage.
    Lightning won’t strike twice
  • Odds on India batting again today ?
  • Sponsored links:

• The wicket is doing a lot more on the second day and I fear England will be 150 runs short of India. Really hope I'm wrong.

I said this at 5.38am but edited from 200 short when we were 100/1 !
  • Oh Rehan!!! Pulls a rank long hop from Kuldeep straight to Gill at short mid-wicket for 6 (15)

182-7

• England U19s are 109-4 in their "dead rubber" against Zimbabwe.

It's always interesting to see how our young players develop and what they go on to achieve. The 2010 squad, for example, had the likes of Azeem Rafiq as captain plus Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, James Vince, Danny Briggs, Matt Dunn, Chris Dent, David Payne, Michael Bates, Adam Ball (who was only 16) and Callum Haggett. By the same token, whatever happened to Paul Best and Jack Manuel who I have never even heard of.
  • If it's a calypso collapso when in the Caribbean what is it in India  ?  
  • As Bon Jovi once said.. ."we're half way there..."
  • Stokes goes from Boycsball to Bazball now he's with the tail. 
    In a hurry for a curry 
    As this is mostly self-inflicted, it has to be the Indian equivalent of that Japanese phrase for doing so - "hurry curry" 
  • Hamaza Sheikh has been given out "obstructing the field" (prior to the change of Law it was called "handled the ball") in the most ridiculous of dismissals you will ever see. He plays the ball into the ground and it hits his pad, the ball has stopped moving in any event so he picks the ball up to hand it to the keeper. Zimbabwe appeal and he is given out because he should have asked the permission of the fielding side to do so! 
  • Bumrah shatters Stokes' stumps with a ball that comes back at him and keeps low in the process for 47 (54)

229-8 and 167 runs behind