Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Preview: Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Friday 29 December - Kick-Off 19:45

Comments

• 4 - 0 to the Rovers
  • Leuth said:
    The idea that we'll be in a relegation battle is a fantasy dreamt up by people who can't face up to the tedium of what our actual fate is (mid-table drudgery again)
    IF we were to not win 2 games in our next 10 then we could be living very dangerously.
  • Can’t see us getting anything out of this. The big question is, do I waste another £10 purchasing a stream 🤔
  • Fortunately at my mum's house so will not be having to make a choice whether to follow the game. I just won't. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Can’t see us getting anything out of this. The big question is, do I waste another £10 purchasing a stream 🤔
    I will waste the £10 through increasingly gritted teeth these days.
    I always try to see all the games, not because I enjoy it though.
  • no McGrandles or Taylor until the back end of January and Aneke possibly beyond that.
  • I have a spare terrace ticket at face value if anyone fancies piling on some more misery! Will be in Bristol from 3ish for collection.
  • With the options of a right sided player, I would sadly choose Tedic. My preference would normally be for our home grown talent, byt Kanu is clearly struggling and some of the fans are beginning to write him off. So if we are going to traumatise a player, let's do it to someone who isn't ours and probably won't be here after january.
    We have a bit of a history of throwing our youth in at the deep end in recent seasons and it never really works out. And frankly, our season is wrecked - a defeat against the Gas will hardly be the end of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-0 Rovers. 
  • This is so Charlton... Everyone thinks we're get turned over just like at Barnsley but then we do something crazy.... However, with Marquis up front who will always have a point to prove I just can't see anything less than 5 nil drubbing. The way we've played recently I can see a complete breakdown. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    @Scoham  Tricky fitting CB-T into a  3-5-2
    Would you keep Tenai and Tayo as wingbacks and have Corey just ahead of Edun?

Maynard-Brewer
               Hector Jones Thomas 
     T Watson L Watson Dobson Edun  
                                                        Blackett-Taylor
                      May  Kanu

And why do we always seem to get such inflexible managers?
    Because we pay peanuts ? Because the people appointing our managers are just appointing their mates ? Because the smt don't have much of a clue ?( & just because they've been involved at other clubs means fuck all)
  • Not buying the stream. Given up on this shower, home games excepted. Certain defeat.
  • I can't stop crying
  • We win convincingly tomorrow and Appleton is a genius.
    I would leave the magic mushrooms alone!
    I would leave the magic mushrooms alone!
    Or maybe share them around might be a better idea...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Rovers 2  Charlton 0
    1 nil at the break . Charlton huff and puff second half without creating much until  Rovers wrap things up with a late second after a defensive error. Sounds familiar?

No, it'll be A.S 
  • edited December 2023
    Predicted lineup for me - 

AMB
    T.watson-Jones-hec-edun
    dobson-watson
    may
    TC-tedic-CBT

CBT last game for us and scores

FT - Bristol 3-1 Charlton

Can’t see anything other than a loss.. Sad times to be a Charlton fan.. Feel really disconnected from this team and Appleton.. I will hold my hands up and say that I thought Appleton showed signs of being someone that could take us forward.. And many of the results have on paper not looked bad.. But even in victory we were really really poor at times.. We’re a 45 minute team at best..For me I think back to the Cheltenham game.. we were so so poor but we got the 3 points.. I felt shit leaving the ground after that game because I knew then we were never getting promoted this season… a few people came on here and were told to stop being so pessimistic after that result.. we got the 3 points.. but the signs were there.

Personally I think Appleton has lost this lot in the dressing room… not saying that it’s all his fault although I think he must take the lions share of the blame.. but theres some players that are the usual suspects.. some of them partly responsible for getting the last 2-3 managers the boot.. I can’t believe it but I genuinely think we need a top to bottom clear out and soon. Start now and prepare for next season.

• edited December 2023
    Leuth said:
    The idea that we'll be in a relegation battle is a fantasy dreamt up by people who can't face up to the tedium of what our actual fate is (mid-table drudgery again)
    Have you actually being going to any games lately ?
    We are shocking away from home but our home record will be more than enough to ensure we are in no danger of getting sucked into any relegation battle.

I know it’s hard to imagine where the next win is coming from at the minute but winless runs don’t last forever. And when we get one, another two or three will come along with it, and then just when the fans start thinking we might sneak the playoffs with a few more wins, we’ll go back to being shite for six weeks and on the cycle goes.

The inconsistency will carry us through to a 10th place finish come May.
  • With the options of a right sided player, I would sadly choose Tedic. My preference would normally be for our home grown talent, byt Kanu is clearly struggling and some of the fans are beginning to write him off. So if we are going to traumatise a player, let's do it to someone who isn't ours and probably won't be here after january.
    We have a bit of a history of throwing our youth in at the deep end in recent seasons and it never really works out. And frankly, our season is wrecked - a defeat against the Gas will hardly be the end of the world.
    Why wouldn’t you just play a right winger like Chem or Tyreece on the right wing? (rather than someone out of position)
  • 16 more appearances for Fraser and we are his most played for club (82). 7 more goals and he has scored more goals for us than anyone else he’s played for (17).

Says it all really.
  • Despite the result just want to see the team give 100% rather then this half hearted crap they have been serving up so COYR 
    LET'S DO THIS 

• Weak, feeble, pathetic.

No plundering from the Pirates, more strolling in and helping themselves to what's in the cupboards whilst we stand back and direct them where to go next.

Rovers 2 CAFC 0 (and lucky to get nil)