Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magical Valley Moments.

Comments

• Options
    Brighton night game, 4-3 1977. Getting swept out of the Covered End by the crowd, my feet not touching the ground.  14 years old and I was Charlton for life!  Those night games in the 70's were life affirming legend.
    Me too, swept off my feet and thought I may be heading down the stairs head first. 
  • Options
    I'm slightly concerned I might get banned for spamming my like button tonight on everyones posts but please everyone keep it up! 

mine is slightly more recent just for a bit of a change - Alfie May's reaction to the covered end after the penalty V Fleetwood this season right at the start of this run of goals. The keeper was being a prick - saw it with my own eyes - he got booked for it but won my heart this year based on that alone.

• Options
    The late late Jacko show against QPR. 

Still love Jacko to bits. 
  • Options
    Brighton night game, 4-3 1977. Getting swept out of the Covered End by the crowd, my feet not touching the ground.  14 years old and I was Charlton for life!  Those night games in the 70's were life affirming legend.
    That was some game, think we were 2 up then 3-2 down and came back and won it.

First time, probably only time, I've seen a penalty taken three times.
  • Options
    I headed the ball when it got kicked into the Jimmy Seed stand 
  • Options
    Maybe not magical but certainly being present for The Hales/Flanagan fisticuffs was memorable and legendary
  • Options
    Beating Watford on a Tuesday night to guarantee our safety.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    Ending Huddersfield’s unbeaten run, can’t remember how many games, at the Valley. 2-0.
    Pretty sure it was 7-6 and I should know as I was there.

; )
    Wrong game or are you pulling my plonker;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Seeing Alan Simonsen run out to play in a Charlton shirt
    That was unbelievable and incredible at the same time.
  • Options
    Many great ones here, as already mentioned the bedlam when Robbo equalised against Man Utd and Newton's goal v Ipswich were pretty special, I will add the balloons lifting off the pitch at the first game back, and what they represented.  
  • Options
    21st December 1957.  Charlton Athletic 7 Huddersfield Town 6.  A glorious Summer`s day.  Just magical.
    66 years ago today!

Johnny Summers…..an unassuming working class cockney gentleman.
  • Options
    21st December 1957.  Charlton Athletic 7 Huddersfield Town 6.  A glorious Summer`s day.  Just magical.
    66 years ago today!

Johnny Summers…..an unassuming working class cockney gentleman.
    Summers, Leary, Laurie. Saturday afternoon giants and they were our giants.
  • Options
    Prattley’s slide-in goal against Doncaster that took an incredible game to penalties and, ultimately, Wembley and promotion. The noise as the goal went in at a packed Valley will stay with me forever.
  • Options
    Flanagan hat-trick as we thumped Spurs 4-1 at The Valley 15th October 1977
  • Options
    CAFC 4 Spurs 1 all those years ago
  • Options
    Seeing Leary for the first time and thinking Jesus Christ here we go 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 vs Premier League Sheffield Wednesday, FA Cup 1996, when the Wednesday bloke wandered into the Covered End between E and F block. 

4-4 vs Norwich, 1997. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Boxing Day 2003 is the best for me. That win against Chelsea. We were so damn good.
    Came here to post this.  Always great to get one over on John Terry, horrible human being (but quite a good defender, maybe related)
  • Options
    Talal El Karkouri free kick vs Arsenal.

Van Persie goal

Llera equaliser when down to 9men

• Options
    Ryan Giggs hitting the crossbar from about 300yds in 2000 (Ole scored the follow up)
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    Ending Huddersfield’s unbeaten run, can’t remember how many games, at the Valley. 2-0.
    Pretty sure it was 7-6 and I should know as I was there.

; )
    No, their unbeaten run started the game after our 7-6 win.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Boxing Day 2003 is the best for me. That win against Chelsea. We were so damn good.
    Came here to post this.  Always great to get one over on John Terry, horrible human being (but quite a good defender, maybe related)
    Great when Di Canio turned him this way and that to set up the third goal.
  • Options
    Fortune's goal and the remaining minutes relegating palice in 2005 <3
  • Options
    Di Canios penalty v Arsenal.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic 6 Southampton 2
  • Options
    mayoboy said:
    1974 Winning promotion from division 3 against Preston NE and then running on the pitch fantastic night

Was this the last time we got promoted at home? 98 and 19 were at wembley, 00 we didnt even play, 81, 86 and 2012 were at Carlisle....