Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magical Valley Moments.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Ending Huddersfield’s unbeaten run, can’t remember how many games, at the Valley. 2-0.
    Pretty sure it was 7-6 and I should know as I was there.

; )
  • Options
    Claus Jensen scoring moments after Brad Friedel had scored for Blackburn. Remember being so pissed off that a goal keeper had scored against us. For us to then go up the other end and get the winner, happy days.
    Finally, something I can say I was there for!
  • Options
    Lisbie's hat trick goal against Liverpool
    Like London buses... probably the only other thing I can say I was there for!
  • Options
    I was about to say 7-6, was there, say no more
  • Options
    Lisbie's hat trick goal against Liverpool
    We need to get Kevin onto Charlton Life to talk about that  :D
  • Options
    The promotion winning game against Preston on a Tuesday night .
    My first sniff of success, very addicked after that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not anywhere near the level many of those mentioned already but the scenes in the Covered End when Lavelle smashed in the winning penalty against Brighton last season, moments like that is why you keep going. 
  • Options
    The time added on against Ipswich last season
  • Options
    My first visit to the Valley on a freezing December afternoon in ‘69 with the floodlights on and a home win!
    Wish I could remember who we played and who scored!
    This was the only home win in December 1969....

13th Dec 1969 v Norwich - won 3-0 (Campbell, Riddick, Moore) 

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    My first visit to the Valley on a freezing December afternoon in ‘69 with the floodlights on and a home win!
    Wish I could remember who we played and who scored!
    This was the only home win in December 1969....

13th Dec 1969 v Norwich - won 3-0 (Campbell, Riddick, Moore) 

Thanks, the date’s about right!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    21st December 1957.  Charlton Athletic 7 Huddersfield Town 6.  A glorious Summer`s day.  Just magical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 4 0 right hammering game when I was 100% sure we were staying up. I was in full smug mode on way home with West Ham friends & family. It didn’t pan out as I hoped but it was a great night. 
  • Options
    Claus Jensen scoring moments after Brad Friedel had scored for Blackburn. Remember being so pissed off that a goal keeper had scored against us. For us to then go up the other end and get the winner, happy days.
    Easily this for me. 

Encompassed everything you can feel as a fan in a space of minutes. 

• Options
    Beating Portsmouth 4-1 when they were undefeated.
  • Options
    Do Canio’s penalty v Arsenal 
  • Options
    The 4-4 v West Ham
  • Options
    The goal we scored against Port Vale (or was it Wrexham or someone else) that never went in the goal. Was it Peter Hunt that scored? I know the opposition refused to kick off for a long while.
  • Options
    Brighton night game, 4-3 1977. Getting swept out of the Covered End by the crowd, my feet not touching the ground.  14 years old and I was Charlton for life!  Those night games in the 70's were life affirming legend.
    In terms of 90 minutes of excitement, the absolute top of the heap. In those days I moved between the big bank/the side (never referred to as the East terrace) and usually the covered end or sometimes the other end if we kicked that way second half. Anyway, that night I watched the whole proceedings from the covered end and was right behind the post Paddy Powell curled the winner into....bedlam. I always think that what "gets you" when you're 16-18 stays with you, be it music, sport or whatever, I was coming up to 17 then and it was bloody marvellous.
  • Options
    Most that I can think of have been mentioned but the 2-2 against Newcastle under the lights was pukka. I had a season ticket in the Jimmy seed stand.

https://youtu.be/hyxicET-sn0?feature=shared