Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2023 🎅

Comments

• Options
    Popped into the BFI earlier this week to see (not for the first time) Ernst Lubitsch’s ‘The Shop Around the Corner’. A wonderful film - they certainly don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

The film is based on a Hungarian play, which went on to inspire three other films, including ‘You’ve Got Mail’.
  • Options
    Couldn’t get into Once upon a time in Hollywood … may have to give it another try 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Popped into the BFI earlier this week to see (not for the first time) Ernst Lubitsch’s ‘The Shop Around the Corner’. A wonderful film - they certainly don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

The film is based on a Hungarian play, which went on to inspire three other films, including ‘You’ve Got Mail’.
    OMG! I love that film soooooo much.
    Reminds me of being a kid, when Christmas was still magical.
    All the feels with that film 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
  • Options
    Scrooge with Alistair Sim on right now on Channel 5. classic. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Couldn’t get into Once upon a time in Hollywood … may have to give it another try 
    Definitely give it another go. It is in my top 3 Tarantino movies and that's saying a lot because he's my favourite director. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Cant believe that "The Holiday" is a film to avoid... Love that one

Mostly because of Hans Zimmer's soundtrack though
  • Options
    Bit sickly 'the holiday' and I do find Jude law eminently punchable. Still worth a watch if you haven't seen it before though. 
  • Options
    Bit sickly 'the holiday' and I do find Jude law eminently punchable. Still worth a watch if you haven't seen it before though. 
    More than a bit sickly but i understand some people like that kind of stuff. 
  • Options
    Sound of Music…………who knew lil sis singing about being high on a hill with goats would actually climb that mountain & find her dream.

They come true people.

Lets start singing about #cafc getting out of this league 🫣😩🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The Kate Winslet/Jack Black side of the film is much better than the Cameron Diaz/Jude Law one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love the holiday apart from Jack Black. I cannot stand him in any film, he’s so cringe. You like music, we get it mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    CHRISTMAS DAY 
    -----------------------------------------
    5.30PM                 -              CHANNEL 4     -         HOME ALONE 
    9.00PM                 -                ITV4             -          THE GREEN MILE   
    12.40                    -                ITV4             -         THE WOLF OF WALL STREET    
    8.00PM                  -             SKY CINEMA THRILLER            -          THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY
    10.25                    -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER            -          SNATCH
    ANYTIME              -               NETFLIX                         -                   THE KILLER 

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    1.40AM               -            SKY CINEMA  ANIMATION       -    THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE  

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY

SNATCH
                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jar2XkBboo

• Options
    Agree with your recommendation but also really enjoy talented mr ripley, green mile and wolf of Wall Street 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    BOXING DAY 
    3.50PM             -          CHANNEL 4          -             THE GREAT ESCAPE
    11.15PM           -           FILM4                   -            TRADING PLACES 
    11.25PM            -           CHANNEL 5         -             THE COMMITMENTS 
    8.00PM              -           SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -        LAYER CAKE 
    8.00PM              -            SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES        -          GLADIATOR

ANYTIME           -            NETFLIX                       -            
    ARMAGEDDON 

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.00PM               -              ITV2             -             PITCH PERFECT 3

GLADIATOR
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ieIbInFpg       
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Has probably the most violent 5-10 minutes I’ve ever seen in a film, watched it in the cinema in Brighton when it came out, literally left me speechless 
  • Options
    Some goodies but can’t beat Great Escape at Xmas 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    stonemuse said:
    Has probably the most violent 5-10 minutes I’ve ever seen in a film, watched it in the cinema in Brighton when it came out, literally left me speechless 
    I watched about half of it on Christmas eve whilst slowly wrapping presents. It felt a bit slow to me, but I'll finish it when the house is empty just to see it through, though bloodbaths arent really my thing. That said, I usually find Tarantino quite entertaining.
  • Options
    Great Boxing Day options to choose from there. Has to be Great Escape though 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    DA9 said:
    stonemuse said:
    I watched about half of it on Christmas eve whilst slowly wrapping presents. It felt a bit slow to me, but I'll finish it when the house is empty just to see it through, though bloodbaths arent really my thing. That said, I usually find Tarantino quite entertaining.
    It's not the type of film you can just browse while doing something else. Do that and you'ii miss the wonderful twist on the Charles Manson story. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers, Beds. I might rewatch from the beginning in that case
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    27th DECEMBER
    7.00PM                -                ITV4               -                UNCLE BUCK 
    10.00PM               -             GREAT! Movies       -           A BRONX TALE
    11.20PM             -                    FILM4            -                 MAN ON FIRE
    12.30PM               -                 SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES      -     A FEW GOOD MEN
    10-30PM              -                   SKY CINEMA HITS          -         SAW  
    ANYTIME              -                   NETFLIX                 -              REPTILE

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.55PM                   -                  SKY CINEMA ULTIMATE COMEDY       -         WHITE CHICKS

A BRONX TALE
                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v77Dj4FhIA8

• Options
    Few Good Men is my choice 
  • Options
    I only recently watched A Bronx Tale and was surprised how good it was. Robert De Niro's directorial debut.
  • Options
    Watched Crazy Rich Asians last night, not an xmas film but a good watch all the same.
  • Options
    Watched Crazy Rich Asians last night, not an xmas film but a good watch all the same.
    I keep meaning to see this . 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    28th DECEMBER
    4.10PM                 -                GREAT! Movies           -             PHILADELPHIA 
    11.20PM              -                CHANNEL 4                -             THE GODFATHER
    11.40PM               -                 FILM 4                       -             COLLATERAL
    8.00PM                 -                  SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES           -             ERIN BROKOVICH 
    8.00PM                 -                  SKY CINEMA HITS                   -            DAVID BRENT: LIFE ON THE ROAD
    ANYTIME             -                    NETFLIX                              -                     SOUND OF METAL

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    3.35PM                 -                   SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES         -        ANGELS AND DEMONS

THE GODFATHER
                                             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY1S34973zA

• Options
    Angels and Demons weren't that bad
  • Options
    Angels and Demons weren't that bad
    I thought it was awful. Hanks deserved the nomination for his mullet alone ! The DaVinci Code was ok.