Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2023 🎅

Comments

• Options
    Not heard of Belfast. Will try and watch tonight 
    Enjoyed that. Tremendous opening scenes and a nice gentle pace that never needs to be stepped up. Kid playing Buddy was brilliant. 

Fantastic cinematography but wished it was in colour though, b&w does my eyes in! 
    Damn near piddled myself at the Turkish Delight bit (having spent years as a kid wondering why they put it in the Christmas selection boxes as no-one I knew liked it) and the kid saying "It's biological?" when asked why he looted the washing powder. And the Mum marching the kid back to return it was a very familiar vibe.

Thanks for the reminder it was on @bedsaddick.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    FRIDAY 22nd DECEMBER
    -----------------------------------------
    9.00PM            -            BBC2          -           HOUSE OF GUCCI
    10.00PM            -           DAVE           -          HARRY BROWN
    11.30PM         -              BBC2          -          ALIEN
    8.00PM            -             SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES         -         THE DARK NIGHT
    4.00AM            -             SKY CINEMA HITS                 -           MASS
    ANYTIME         -             APPLE TV+                   -                H/JACK 

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    11.40PM               -               BBC1             -                MRS BROWN'S BOYS D'MOVIE 

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY

MASS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smtvs76b7Rw
  • Options
    Its not Christmas unless Zulu and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are on the Box.
  • Options
    great double bill on BBC2 tonight (Thursday 21st) .. 'Raging Bull' followed by 'Do the Right Thing'
  • Options
    great double bill on BBC2 tonight (Thursday 21st) .. 'Raging Bull' followed by 'Do the Right Thing'
    I've had a moment . The list I've put up today is for tomorrow ! What an idiot.  I would definitely have recommended Raging Bull and possibly Do The Right Thing. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I'm sure they will feature at some stage although Zulu wasn't on last year. 
  • Options
    I think I will give Mass a miss. It looks a tough viewing.
    Harry Brown is  a good shot em upper. Not by any means a master piece but its got a legend playing the lead so well worth a watch. My favourite scene, 

"You failed to maintain your weapon, son" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Z0yr49xXw  
    Almost as good as blowing the doors off or any of his lines in Zulu. 

Alien, that is a master piece and has stood the test of time well. 

Mass is a very tough watch but an absolutely fantastic movie . Not a film to watch if you need cheering up though . 
  • Options
    Are you putting your recommendations for today Beds ?
  • Options
    yeah I've been working some long hours this week to get stuff done and thought 'oooh what shall I watch tonight' only to find out there are no films on today according to the oracle and so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Do the right thing I watched at the cinema when it came out, with my first serious girlfriend. At the arts centre at Warwick uni if anyone is interested 😀. Highly recommend the film and that's not just the broader memories talking. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some bangers on the list again Beds

Dark Knight is a fantastic film, the fulcrum of the Nolan Batman's 

• Options
    Although you have missed it was on Monday 
    “Battle Royalle”  A Japanese film from 2000 its sub titles.  Its was on Movie Legends on Freeview

Watch this a you can see exactly where SQUID GAMES / HUNGER GAMES came from. It’s so similar in base story. Worth watching
    Very good film. 
  • Options
    Not heard of Belfast. Will try and watch tonight 
    Hope you watched and enjoyed. 
  • Options
    Harry Brown I found a nasty film despite Caine’s performance. 

Alien is the best “haunted house in space” film but is so claustrophobic at times it needs a big screen to be appreciated at its best. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I'm sure they will feature at some stage although Zulu wasn't on last year. 
    errr could no longer be PC perhaps ?
  • Options
    Yes . I'll put them up at 4pm. 
  • Options
    I'm starting to panic. I've interrogated my Virgin planner and there's no sign of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on it. Holy baubles! 

Christmas cannot start properly with our annual viewing. Has anyone found it?
  • Options
    Yes . I'll put them up at 4pm. 
    Stuck in London - trains are all buggered . Unlikely to get today’s recommendations up till much later if at all . 
  • Options
    Mass is good but Harry Brown for me
  • Options
    Is 1917 on bbc3 worth watching? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In my view, yes
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    In my view, yes
    Thank you. I think I'll record it. 
  • Options
    I'm starting to panic. I've interrogated my Virgin planner and there's no sign of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on it. Holy baubles! 

Christmas cannot start properly with our annual viewing. Has anyone found it?
    It’s on Sky Showcase tonight at 8
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    THURSDAY 21st DECEMBER
    10.15PM            -           BBC2       -        RAGING BULL           
    11.35PM              -            ITV 4        -        SCARFACE 
    12.15AM              -           BBC2         -        DO THE RIGHT THING 
    8.00PM                  -          SKY SHOWCASE          -          NATIONAL LAMPOONS CHRISTMAS VACATION
    8.00PM                  -            SKY CINEMA COMEDY      -          HOT FUZZ     
    10.00PM                -            SKY CINEMA THRILLER       -         CHANGING LANES 

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    11.45PM                -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -           JIGSAW 

RAGING BULL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUp6d79WRVI

• Options
    Really good film.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    FRIDAY 22nd DECEMBER
    9.00PM            -            BBC2          -           HOUSE OF GUCCI
    10.00PM            -           DAVE           -          HARRY BROWN
    11.30PM         -              BBC2          -          ALIEN
    8.00PM            -             SKY CINEMA FAVOURITES         -         THE DARK NIGHT
    4.00AM            -             SKY CINEMA HITS                 -           MASS
    ANYTIME         -             APPLE TV+                   -                H/JACK 

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    11.40PM               -               BBC1             -                MRS BROWN'S BOYS D'MOVIE 

MASS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvsfKhGdgI&t=9s
  • Options
    Saw an early Norman Wisdom film yesterday and surprised to see him beaten up by a young Oliver Reeds gang, and saved by younger Michael Caine and his gang.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Saw an early Norman Wisdom film yesterday and surprised to see him beaten up by a young Oliver Reeds gang, and saved by younger Michael Caine and his gang.
    Are you sure this wasn't a dream?
  • Options
    Nah, the dream has Rumpole of the Bailey in it
  • Options
    Just watch "Bull" on Netflix, based on the recommendation here. 

Jesus. Not exactly Christmas family viewing and certainly not for the faint-hearted, but I absolutely loved it. Not sure how or why it's passed me by until now.

9/10 for me