Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Do We Become A Top 6 Team?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    How many of the current team would get into the 18/19 team ?  Dobbo and CBT as subs , probably May up front.  There’s your answer 
    Don't even think May gets in over 18/19 Grant or Taylor 
  • Options
    A sensible approach would be to come in, have a deep detailed looked at all the departments in their working guise and then, with tangible evidence put a plan together of what to change, how to change and in what order that will be required. 
    Unfortunately July - December isn’t enough time to do that as well as implement all that is required. 

It is really poor on the pitch right now but look at it from a different perspective. Zoom out from watching us pass throw in returns off the pitch or watching defenders walk off with backs turned, while quick free kicks are taken in the 94th min. We’ve been in free fall since 2007, 16 years of decline with a couple of bright moments. All downward graphs have some upward activity.

I thought at the time and still consider Cheltenham at home, 30th Anniversary of Back to the Valley game as the day we hit the bottom. A celebration of an incredible moment in our history and legends from that time were paraded on the pitch in-front of maybe 5,500 fans. It was depressing.

From what I’ve heard (I’ll hold my hands up if the information is incorrect) but there is a hell of a lot that has already got its wheels in motion but it is going to take time. Unfortunately for our long suffering fans not all progress is instantly visible. What we need as supporters is on pitch evidence, which is very, very hard to find right now. If January goes as is planned, we should start to see those wheels in motion on the pitch too. 

From that zoomed out perspective we may be moving upwards on the first few points already. Day to day reality is those first few points are still around the bottom of a 16 year slide! It was never going to be pretty. 
    Pretty much where I am. We’ve not been run sensibly or prudently for years now and you can’t just change that in a short timeframe. 
  • Options
    Stop conceding after , 80 mins and 90 mins , I would love a stat man to check all games since lee bowyer was manager the amount of goals we have conceded after 80 mins , it happens regularly, nearly every single week it seems 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Sinking ships can be turned around quickly with better recruitment on the pitch & in the dugout plus a half decent budget. 

We had years of failing before the CP 101pts season, turned around in one & a bit(BWP) transfer windows. 

We got promoted under the Belgian. 

I don't believe last summer or now our situation is any worse at the club then what proceeded those two successes.