Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POSTp22): Gillingham vs Charlton Athletic: FA CupšŸ†(2): Sat 2nd Dec 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    One of the worse 1st Half's I've ever seen from us.Ā 
    Agreed. Truly awful performance.

To top it of the commentary stated that Bonne opened the scoring against his former club, where he had many successful years! Did he??Ā 
    I'm still of the belief that Bonne relegated us that Championship season.

Despite all the injuries and absolutely horrific squad depth he missed some absolute sitters. I know he got 11 goals but he should've easily had 15+.

Up there with George Tucudean for the most useless 1on1 striker I've seen.

Lapslie scoring would really rub salt in the wound
  • Options
    Watching on a stream. Just knew we'd bottle it. So glad I didn't go. Even had the offer to sit in their end with a mate. Embarrassment of it all...again.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    This match is telling me that Appleton has done a pretty good job to get the results he has with our squad tbh
    I mean I'm not sure about that, seems more of a confirmation that absolutely everything about the club is shit. Problems way bigger than him but if things do ever get better I don't think he's part of that
    I mean, our league form's pretty good and we've played pretty well quite a lot of the time in the league

Not having a living breathing adult human footballer up front will fuck most managers over, we have other problems too ofc
    We have the league's top goal scorer but some numpty wants to play him on the wing.Ā 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Scoham said:
    ross1 said:
    Gillingham 68% possession, pathetic.
    I shot on target.Ā 

Won't win many games with that stat.Ā 

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    Get Watson off
    Another one who looks good off the bench, but turns to crap when he starts.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure about Tedić - heā€™s had zero to work with. Heā€™s going to rely on balls to his feet, but neither winger or full back can get it past the first man, and midfield is completely missing. I donā€™t remember him doing anything bad, he just may as well not be there as they canā€™t get the ball to him.Ā 
  • Options
    Posh 2-0
  • Options
    Campbell , Tedic and Watson . All been awful. You can add Donson and Blackett Taylor to that too. I wouldn't mind but Gillingham look bang average . I hope he's given then the bollocking of their lives at half time.Ā 

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Bolton 4-1
  • Options
    Pompey 0-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton scoring for fun again.Ā 

Now 4-1 up.

• Options
    Well he didn't make eleven changes this time. I am listening on the stream and there are certain players who's names have never been mentioned unless the are taking a throw or making a pigs ear of it. Give it ten then make wholesale changes and go for it, can't be any worse.Ā 
  • Options
    Ā No bottle at all in the first half.Ā 
  • Options
    I've got no commentary - has second half started?
  • Options
    Ā I am considering legal action against whoever it was who.posted the helpful link to the free live stream.Ā 

At least I'm not in bloody Gillingham.Ā 

• Options
    Just checked the score. CAFC the team that just keeps giving ... giving fcuk all
  • Options
    Bolton scoring for fun again.Ā 

Now 4-1 up.

5-1 now
  • Options
    Bolton 5-1
  • Options
    Got my hopes up earlier when I turned the TV on - eyes drawn to Campbell's nameĀ 

... should've known better.
  • Options
    I've got no commentary - has second half started?
    Just about to...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We won't come back from this in 2nd half if we continue to be as powderpuff as the 1st. I'm watching on a stream and there is literally no fight or passion. Player marks so far....all of them 1 for managing to put their boots on!
  • Options

Ā 46' Back under way at Priestfield...

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Bolton 5-1
    A proper run club with proper players and a decent manager.
  • Options
    In fairness Gillingham look better, more composed and deserve their lead. Ā Our boys are pathetic so I am gonna take the dog for a walk, as itā€™s more fun than watching this shite, and itā€™s fucking freezing outside.
  • Options
    Out of interest, who would everyone fancy in the 3rd Round if we win?
  • Options
    We won't come back from this in 2nd half if we continue to be as powderpuff as the 1st. I'm watching on a stream and there is literally no fight or passion. Player marks so far....all of them 1 for managing to put their boots on!
    But they might be on the wrong feet.
  • Options
    And still the travelling faithful give us a VFR at the start of the second half...well done one and all..
  • Options
    Iā€™m sorry but Tedic is absolutely shockingĀ 
    Thanks for confirming, I was hoping I might have him wrong but he is shit unfortunately.Ā 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    One of the worse 1st Half's I've ever seen from us.Ā 
    Agreed. Truly awful performance.

To top it of the commentary stated that Bonne opened the scoring against his former club, where he had many successful years! Did he??Ā 
    I'm still of the belief that Bonne relegated us that Championship season.

Despite all the injuries and absolutely horrific squad depth he missed some absolute sitters. I know he got 11 goals but he should've easily had 15+.

Up there with George Tucudean for the most useless 1on1 striker I've seen.

Lapslie scoring would really rub salt in the wound
    Give it time.
  • Options
    How come we are starting at almost a quarter past 4 ??